Home remedies often can reduce problematic acidic sinus symptoms, according to the October issue of Mayo Clinic Women’s HealthSource.
Stage 1 to stage 4 acidic symptoms, including nasal congestion, facial pain, headache and fatigue, are common. Annually, doctors report about 32 million cases of chronic sinusitis — when patients’ symptoms last 12 consecutive weeks. Evidence shows that home remedies are an inexpensive, effective first course of treatment. Consider these alkalizing pH Miracle tips:
1) Use nasal irrigation or an alkaline nasal spray. Researchers have found that flushing out the nose twice a day with a sea salt water (saline) solution can effectively treat and even prevent sinusitis “attacks.” Spraying an alkaline saline solution pHour salts or pHlavor salts into the nasal cavity several times a day also eases congestion. You prepare these alkaline nasal solutions as follows:
Take 1 scoop of phour salts and mix into 3 to 4 ounces of distilled or purified alkaline water. Use this solution to irrigate the sinuses. You can use this solution of pHour salts in a neti poti. View a demonstration on how to irrigate the sinuses with a neti poti at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg
Take 1 teaspoon of pHlavor salts and mix into 3 to 4 ounces of distilled or purified alkaline water. Use this solution of pHlavor salts to irrigate the sinuses. You can also use this solution in a neti poti to irrigate the sinuses.
2) Steam the sinus cavities. Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the steam from a bowl of hot water with 1 to 2 scoops of pHour salts. Hot showers also help.
3) Apply warm compresses. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes for 20 to 30 minutes, two to four times a day to ease facial pain. Place hot water bottles over the towels to keep them warm.
4) Drink plenty of alkaline fluids with a pH of at least 9.5 and an ORP of at least -150 mV. Alkaline fluids help dilute mucus and promote drainage.
5) Avoid alcohol, coffee, tea, soft drinks and high sugar fruit drinks. Drinking alcohol, coffee, tea, soft drinks and high sugar fruit drinks are highly acidic and can worsen swelling of the lining of the nose and sinuses.
6) Don’t smoke cigarettes, cigars or marijuana. And avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
7) Exercise everyday for at least 1 hour to improve circulation and remove acidic mucous from the sinuses. If you cannot exercise use the Vibra pHirm, a whole body exerciser for at least
10 minutes a every day. For more information on whole body exercising go to:
8) Spray 5 ml of a colloidal gold, copper and silver combination in each nostril at least 2 to 3 times a day. You can also use 5 ml of a colloidal gold, copper and silver combination in a neti poti.
9) Drink at least 100 grams of super polyunsaturated oils from hemp, flax, avocado, olive, just to name a few. The increased oil will help to reduce metabolic and dietary acid, build healthy blood and in turn healthy body cells.
10) Take at least 2000 mgs. of magnesium oxide 3 to 4 times a day with meals to clear the bowel of undigested protein and mucous. People who have sinus problems have digestion problems including congestion of the bowel. “When you clear the bowel you clear the the headache, the facial pain, the fatigue and the sinus congestion,” states Dr. Robert O. Young, head of research at the pH Miracle Living Center
All cases of sinusitis are caused by an over-acidic lifestyle and diet. The use of antibiotics, which are also highly acidic will only make the sinuses more congested and the symptoms worse. “Never use antibiotics if you want to heal the bowel and clear the sinuses,” states Dr. Young.
Other alkalizing options are to reverse sinusitis by nebulizing the Young pHorever pHour salts, Young pHorever pHlavor salts and/or colloidal gold, copper and silver 1 to 2 times a day.
Allergies, nasal polyps and other acidic conditions can be related to acidic sinusitis and may be reversed with the pH Miracle alkaline lifestyle, diet and nutrition.