Most people think of food and drink allergies as reactions to certain foods that cause obvious symptoms, such as stomach pains, itching, swelling of the face and lips, and red, raised, angry-looking skin rashes. All of these symptoms are caused by the the acids from acidic foods and drinks.
Yet the majority of people — some 30 percent of all Americans — have more subtle acidic symptoms and signs. These can include joint pain, fatigue, clouded thinking, psychiatric illnesses, and even severe neurological disorders. Once again ALL of these symptoms are caused by acidic foods and drinks.
All of these acidic dietary symptoms, which the sufferer usually never even connects with food, I call acidic food and drink intolerances.
Acidic food and drink intolerances that leads to acidic allergies is easy to identify and to cure! Just because you can eat a certain acidic food or drink a certain acidic liquid without having to rush to the emergency room doesn’t mean it isn’t ultimately going to cause you serious harm.
True acidic food and drink allergies are usually immediate and occur within hours of ingesting the offending acidic food or drink. Reactions appear with a sudden, almost explosive, onset. Some reactions can cause rapid collapse and even death, such as we commonly see, with two of my top ten acid foods that should never be ingested, peanuts or peanut butter and shell fish, like shrimp or lobster.
Acidic reactions to food and drink intolerances can be delayed days, weeks, and even months after exposure to an acidic food or drink. The symptoms they cause are usually not connected with reactions to foods or drinks, and doctors miss the connections when the acidic reaction is delayed. The reason for the delayed reaction is sometimes it takes days, weeks or months for the acid residues to build up until the body is over-burnden – thus the acidic reaction which the body trying to eliminate via any orifice.
Since doctors are not much help, what can you do to determine whether you are having acidic allergies or intolerances that could be causing many common acidic complaints? Proper pH urine and saliva testing and live and dried blood microscopy are key. I discuss in depth how to prevent and reverse acidic food and drink allergies and intolerances in our pH Miracle books, especially Chapter 11 in The pH Miracle for Weight Loss.
In addition, here are a few of my top ten acidic foods and drinks that cause acidic allergies and other symptoms associated with sensitivities, allergies, pain, ulcerations and degenerative dis-ease:
1) Dairy products, including milk, cheese, ice cream, butter, and yogurt contain the acid lactose that breaks down to lactic acid that leads to sensitivities, inflammation, pain, ulcerations and cancer.
2) Animal proteins, including beef, pork, chicken and turkey are highly acidic with dietary acids, including nitric acid, uric acid, sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid that lead to heart disease to cancer.
3) Seafood, including all shell fish have now been affected by ionizing radiation from Fukashima nuclear meltdown. Seafood is also a risk factor for mercury toxcity associated with nuerological dis-eases.
4) Algae will adsorb and absorb oxygen from the blood causing oxygen deprivation.
5) Mushrooms are a fungi that breakdowns down matter.
6) Peanuts, peanut oil, peanut butter and cashew nuts contain twenty-six different mycotoxin-producing fungi. On top of that, broken and ground nuts (of any kind) are ready targets for airborne mold spores and quickly become rancid. You can see it on the nuts as a dark or black discoloring. Contamination occurs during the growing process because the plants themselves are not resistant. Humans who eventually ingest them are also eating the fungi and their toxic waste, inoculating their digestive tracts with negative microforms. On top of that, broken and ground nuts (of any kind) are ready targets for airborne mold spores and quickly become rancid. You can see it on the nuts as a dark or black discoloring. Research has linked corn consumption with cancers of the esophagus and stomach, and peanuts with pancreatic and liver “cancer”. Cashew nuts and dried coconut are similarly contaminated, and should also be avoided.
7) Corn contains twenty-five different mycotoxin-producing fungi, including recognized carcinogens! Corn also contain fructose which is a known nuerotoxin that may lead to neurological disorders such as dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimers.
8) All fermented foods like soy sauce and miso have an acid pH and lower the pH of the body fluids.
9) Eggs according to the Department of Agriculture contain over 38 million microorganisms that may be harmful to the body. Eggs will activate the immune system to clear the toxins from eggs for 3 to 5 hours after ingestion.
10) Alcohol is a known acid that is harmful to the body cells and tissues, especially the liver.
Remember, you don’t get sick you have to do sick. Just as you don’t get healthy you have to do healthy.