How is acid / base (alkalinity) created in the human body?? and Does It Effect the pH of the Blood and Interstitium?
The following scientific discourse are twenty-five important points to understand the creation of hydrochloric acid (HCL) and sodium bicarbonate in the stomach lining, the ingestion of protein and sugar, and how acid/alkaline biochemistry, physiology and anatomy effects the blood pH and the interstitial fluid pH and their relationship to health, sickness and disease.
Unfortunately, conventional medical doctors and scientists do not understand how acid/base is created in the human body, and the onset of latent tissue acidosis of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium.
Welcome to the 21st century and Dr. Young’s “New Biology.”
How is acid/base created by the stomach, and then the blood and interstitial fluids?
1) The parietal or cover cells of the stomach split the sodium chloride or salt of the blood. The sodium is used to bind with water and carbon dioxide to form the alkaline salt known as sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3.
The biochemistry is: H20 + CO2 + NaCl = NaHCO3 + HCL.
2) For each molecule of sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 a molecule of hydrochloric acid or HCL is formed as an acidic waste product and secreted into the digestive system or stomach (held in the gastric pits of the stomach) to be eliminated. HCL is not produced for digesting food but is a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production for alkalizing the food and water you ingest.
3) The chloride ion from the sodium chloride (salt) binds to an acid or proton forming HCL as a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production that takes place throughout the day to alkalize your food and water ingested and the acids produced from metabolism.
4) When large amounts of acids including HCL enter the stomach from a rich animal protein meal, acid is withdrawn from the acid-base household.
The human body would die if the resulting alkalosis or NaHCO3 (the base flood) or base surplus created by the stomach was not taken up by the alkalizing glands that need these quick bases in order to build up their strong sodium bicarbonate secretions against acidic water, acidic food, acidic air, and acidic thoughts.
These glands and organs are the salivary glands, the stomach, the pancreas, the Brunner’s glands (between the pylorus and the junctions of the bile and pancreatic ducts), the Lieberkuhn’s glands in the liver and its bile with its strong acid binding capabilities which it has to produce.
5) When a rich animal protein and/or carbohydrate meal (like meat and potatoes, spaghetti bolognaise etc.) is ingested the stomach begins to manufacture and secret sodium bicarbonate or NHCO3 to alkalize the acids from the food ingested.
This causes a loss in the alkaline reserves in the blood and interstitial fluids and an increase in acid and/or HCL found in the gastric pits of the stomach.
These acids and/or HCL are eventually taken up by the blood which lowers blood plasma pH. The blood eliminates this increase in gastro-intestinal acid by throwing off into the Pishinger’s spaces or compartments of the Interstitium.
6) The space enclosed by these finer and finer fibers is called the Pishinger’s space or the extra-cellular space or the compartments of the Interstitium that contains the fluids that bath and feed each and every cell while carrying away the waste from those same cells.
There is no mention of this organ in American medical physiology text books. There is the extra-cellular fluids or interstitial fluids but no organ mentioned that stores acids from metabolism and diet, like the kidney. I call this organ the “pre-kidney” or the Interstitium, which is the largest organ of the body only just now being recognized by American medical science (2018).
7) After a rich animal protein or sugary meal, the urine pH becomes alkaline.
Protein and sugar nourishment then reacts acidic in the organism not only by the production of sulfuric, phosphoric, nitric, uric, lactic and acetyl aldehyde acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of base or alkalinity in the urine. The ingestion of animal protein causes a double loss of base or alkalinity and why it is so dangerous to ingest.
8) During heavy exercise, the resulting lactic acid if not adsorbed by the collagen fibers or connective tissues, the specific acid catchers of the body, the organism would die. The total collection of these fibers is the largest organ of the body and is called the colloidal connective tissue organ of SCHADE also known as of 2018 the Interstitium.
NO liquid exchange occurs between the blood and the parenchyma cells, or in reverse, unless it passes through this connective tissue organ called the Interstitium, the largest organ in the human body.
This organ connects, holds everything in our bodies in place. It is composed of ligaments, tendons, sinew, and the finer fibers that become the scaffolding that holds every single cell in our bodies in place.
When acids are stored in this organ, which includes the muscles, inflammation and pain develop.
That is why I have stated for over 30 years, “acid is pain and pain is acid.”
You cannot have one without the other.
This is the beginning of blood plasma, interstitial fluid and intracellular acidosis.
9) The more acidity in the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breath and the thoughts we conceive the more acids that are adsorbed to the collagen fibers to be neutralized or buffered, and the less sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 is taken up by the alkalizing or alkalophile glands.
The larger the potential difference between the adsorbed acids into the blood and then Interstitium and the amount of NaHCO3 generated with each meal or thought; the more or less alkaline or rich in bases are the alkalophile glands like the pancreas, gallbladder, pylorus glands, blood, etc. The acid binding power of the connective tissue, the blood, the Intestitium and the alkalophile glands depends on its alkali reserves which can be determined through blood, urine, saliva and interstitial pH testing, including live and dried blood analysis.
10) The iso-structure of the blood attempts to maintain its delicate pH at 7.365 by pushing off the acidic waste from lifestyle and diet into the connective tissue of the Schade or now referred to as the Interstitium.
The blood gives to the urine the same amount of acid that it receives from the Interstitium, tissues and liver so it retains its iso-form and pH of 7.365.
A base or alkaline deficiency is always related to the deterioration of the deposit ability of the connective tissues and the Interstitium.
As long as the iso-structure of the blood pH is maintained, the urine, which originates from the blood, remains a faithful reflected image of the acid-base regulation, not of the blood, but of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the cells that make up the organs, tissues and glands.
The urine therefore is an excretion product of the tissues and Interstitium and not the blood.
So when you are testing the pH of the urine you are actually testing the pH of the intracellular fluids of the organs, glands and tissues as well as the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium.
11) A latent (delayed) “acidosis” is the condition that exists when there are not enough bases in the alkalophile glands because they have been used up in the process of neutralizing the acids adsorbed to the collagen fibers and the Interstitium.
This leads to compensated “acidosis” in the Interstitium and not in the blood.
This means the blood pH has not changed but other body systems have changed. This can then lead to de-compensated “acidosis” where the alkaline reserves of the blood are used up and the pH of the blood is altered and caused by what you are eating, drinking, breathing and thinking.
De-compensated “acidosis” can be determined by testing the blood pH, interstitial fluid pH, urine pH and the saliva pH.
The decrease in the alkaline reserves in the body occurs because of hyper-proteinization, (eating the flesh of animals!) too much protein and hyper-carbonization, too much sugar.
This is why 80 to 90 year old folks are all shrunk up and look like prunes.
They have very little or no alkaline reserves in their alkalophile glands and the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium have become highly acidic!
When all the alkaline minerals are gone (sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium) so are you and your electron battery runs down. The charge of your cellular electron battery can be measured testing the face angel of the cells, the ORP or the oxidative reduction potential of the blood and interstitial fluids. The test is called the 3D Bio-Electro scan.
As you become more acidic in the Interstitium this energy potential or ORP decreases. Remember your body cells rung on electrons and NOT sugar, protein or fat! We are electrical beings by function releasing chemical waste physiologically – like lactic or citric acid.
12) If there is not enough base left over after a protein or sugary meal, or enough base to neutralize and clear the acids stored in the connective tissues and the Interstitium, a relative base deficiency develops which leads to systemic tissue and interstitial fluid acidosis leading to decompensated acidosis of the blood.
When this happens the liver and pancreas are deficient of adequate alkaline juices of sodium bicarbonate to ensure proper alkalization of the food in your stomach and small intestine. This leads to genetic and stem cell mutations, deficiencies in red blood cell production in the crypts of the small intestines and finally deficiencies in the body cells that make up all glands, tissues and organs or your body.
13) Digestion or alkalization cannot proceed without enough of these alkaline juices for the liver and pancreas, etc., so the stomach has to produce more acid in order to make enough base or sodium bicarbonate leading to ad nauseam. If this biological deficiency continues then one can develop indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, GERD, ulcers, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer and bowel congestion, food allergies, constipation, diverticulitis, diverticulosis, inflammation of the bowels and finally colon cancer.
All of these symptoms are not the result of too much acid, on the contrary, it is the result of too little base or alkalinity and the major reason for drinking high pH alkaline water at 9.5!
14) The stomach is NOT an organ of digestion as currently taught in ALL biology and medical texts, BUT an organ of contribution or deposit of the alkaline compound, sodium bicarbonate.
Its function is to deposit alkaline juices to the stomach to alkalize the food, water and to the blood, to carry sodium bicarbonate to the alkalophile glands!!!! The stomach is also assigned to maintain the delicate pH of the blood and interstitium at 7.365 and the main reason I suggest drinking high pH alkaline water with your meals to buffer the highly acidic and toxic HCL.
15) There is a daily rhythm to this acid base, ebb and flow of the fluids of the body. The stored acids are mobilized from the connective tissues and Pishinger’s spaces of the Intestitium while we sleep.
These acids reach their maximum (base tide) concentration in the blood and interstitial fluids, and thereby the urine at 2 am is the most acidic.
The acid content of the urine directly reflects the acid content of the fluid in the Pishinger’s spaces of the Interstitium, the extra-cellular fluid compartments of the body protecting the delicate pH balance of the blood at 7.365.
On the other hand the Pishinger’s spaces of the Interstitium becomes the most alkaline around 2 pm (the base flood) as then the most sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 is being generated by the cover cells of the stomach to alkalize what we eat, drink, breath and think.
16) If your urine is not alkaline by 2 pm you are definitely in an ACIDIC condition and lacking in the necessary alkaline reserves, especially sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
The pH of the urine should ideally run between 7.2 and 8.4 when maintaining a healthy state of the blood, interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the Intracelluar fluids at a pH of 7.365.
17) The free flowing acids formed after a high animal protein meal include sulfuric, phosphoric, uric and nitric acids that will stick to the collagen fibers of the Interstitium to remove them from the blood and protect the blood’s delicate pH of 7.365.
The H+ or proton ions from these acids are neutralized by the next base flood, the sodium bicarbonate produced after the ingested acidic meal.
The H+ or proton ion combines with the carbonate or HCO-3, converts to carbonic acid, H2CO3, which converts to CO2 and H2O.
The sulfuric and other toxic acids from proteins are neutralized as follows where the HR represents any acid with the R as its acidic radical (SO4, PO4, or NO3) HR + NaHCO3 <=> H2O + NaR (Ca, Mg, K)+ CO2.
18) Medical doctors, Naturopathic doctors and savants do not recognize interstitial fluid and tissue acidosis because they never studied it in medical or naturopathic college. This is why they make statements that what you eat or drink does not matter because you cannot change the pH of the blood. This only shows their ignorance and lack of understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, blood and Interstitium.
Currently medical and naturopathic doctors do recognize compensated acidosis and de-compensated acidosis but they DO NOT understand or recognize latent tissue acidosis which takes place in the Interstitium. Why? Because they no very little about this organ system and they do not have the technology or the equipment to test its chemistry, including pH and compare this quantitative information with the chemistry of the blood. This is not only dangerous it is also non-intelligent because the Doctor is basing your condition on the results of only 10 to 20 percent of your body fluids – the blood. Hospitals and clients around the World DO NOT test 80 to 90 percent of the body fluids which include the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the Intracellular fluids. The chemistry, including the pH of the Interstitium is important to the over-all understanding of what is really going on when the body has health challenges.
In compensated acidosis breathing increases in order to blow off more carbonic acid which decreases PCO2 because of the lowered carbonate or HCO3.
When the breathing rate can no longer get any faster and when the kidneys can no longer increase their function to keep up with the acid load then the blood pH starts to change from a pH of 7.365 to 7.3 then to 7.2. At a blood pH of 6.95 the heart relaxes and the patient goes into a coma and dies.
19) Metabolism of a normal adult diet results in the generation of 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton per day, which must be excreted if the urine acid-base balance is to be maintained at 7.2 or greater and the blood and interstitial fluids of the Interstitium are to be maintained at 7.365. Currently myself and Dr. Galina Migalko are the only published scientists in the World on this subject of upmost importance in medical diagnostics and correct and effective treatments that can be quantified and validated in their efficacy!
A meq is a milli-equivalent which is an expression of concentration of substance per liter of solution, calculated by dividing the concentration in milligrams per 100 milliliters by the molecular weight.
This process involves two basis steps;
1) the re-absorption of the filtered sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 and,
2) the excretion of the 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton or acids produced each day by the formation of titratable acidity and NH4+ or ammonium.
Both steps involve H+ or proton or acid secretion from the cells of the kidney into the urine which can then be measured using pH Hydrion strips.
The loss of NaHCO3 in the urine is equivalent to the addition of H+ or acidity to the blood, Interstitium and body cells, since both are derived from the dissociation of H2CO3 or carbonic acid.
21) The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+.
The normal person must reabsorb 4300 meq of NaHCO3 each day which eventually will lead to aging and death.
The secreted H+ or proton ions are generated within the kidney cells from the dissociation of H2O or water.
This process also results in the equimolar production OH- or hydroxyl ions or alkalinity.
The OH- ions bind to the active zinc-containing site of the intracellular carbonic anhydrase; they then combine with CO2 to form HCO3-ions, which are released back into the kidney cells and returned to the systemic blood circulation.
Second, the dietary acid load is excreted by the secretion of Hydrogen or H+ or proton ions from the kidney cells into the urine.
These H+ or proton ions or acids can do one of two things:
The H+ or proton ions or acids can combined with the urinary buffers, particularly HPO4 in a process called titratable acidity.
The biochemistry is:
H+ + HPO4 = H2PO4, or the phosphate buffering system or the H+ or proton ions can combine with ammonia (NH3) to form ammonium as follows:
NH3 + H+ = NH4.
22) This ammonia is trapped and concentrated in the kidney as ammonium, which is then excreted in the urine.
23) In response to the acid load in the body fluids:
36% of the Hydrogen or H+ or proton or acid goes intracellular in exchange for the release of Na+ (sodium) into the blood stream.
15% of the acid load goes intracellular in exchange for K+ (potassium) – common in diabetics.
6% of the Hydrogen or H+ or proton or acid goes directly into the cell to be buffered by intracellular processes. This is what causes cell mutations that leads to degenerative disease.
43% is buffered extra-cellularly or in the Interstitium as NaHCO3 or sodium bicarbonate combining with Hydrogen or H+ or proton to form H2CO3 or carbonic acid which breaks down to CO2 or carbon dioxide to be released by the lungs.
10% of CO2 or carbon dioxide is excreted through the lungs and 90% of CO2 is used by the body to re-absorb alkaline minerals and make sodium bicarbonate. The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+.
24) Of all the ways the body can buffer metabolic and dietary acids to protect the blood, interstitial and intracellular pH, is the excretion of protein (the eating of animal flesh) generated acid residues is the only process that does not add sodium bicarbonate back into the blood circulation.
This creates a loss of bases or alkalinity in the blood, Interstitium and Intracellular fluids which is the forerunner of ALL sickness and disease.
In the long run the only way to replace these lost bases is by eating more alkaline electron-rich green food, drinking alkaline water at a pH at 9.5 and -250 mV, supplementing sodium, potassium and magnesium salts and long chain polyunsaturated fats on a daily basis.
Remember, a cucumber a day keeps the Doctor away – an apple a day creates more acidic waste leading to blood, interstitial fluid and tissue acidosis.
25) Very important to remember: The Human Body is an acid-producing organism by function, yet it is an alkaline organism by design when healthy and strong.
Eating animal protein and sugar are deadly acidic choices – unless you want to risk premature sickness, disease and the an early painful death.
1) Sick and Tired by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner
2) The pH Miracle revised and updated by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, ND
3) Alkalizing Nutritional Therapy in the Prevention and Reversal of Any Cancerous Condition by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner and Galina Migalko MD, NMD
4) A NEW THEORY – THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE STOMACH: An Alkalizing Organ by Design and Function and NOT an Acidic ORGAN of DIGESTION by Robert O Young, DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner
The pH miracle by Dr. Robert O Young is the secret to weight loss and healthy living. Balance and maintenance of pH values within body claims effective solutions to weight loss; pH miracle continues to benefit many.
Keen on knowing the truth about burning fat and losing weight? Losing weight is really one of the toughest challenges people wish they never had to face but let’s face the reality. Your weight loss concern is not just a physical challenge but it is also an emotional feat for you. Among the wide range of weight loss regimens available today, not all are meant to be as effective as Dr. Young’s pH miracle.
Weight management and healthy eating are actually interconnected and Young’s theory through his books and literature throws a sharp light on this particular area. If you have been looking for an honest approach, turn to Young’s pH miracle claims.
Who is Robert O Young?
Dr. Robert O Young is a successful American entrepreneur, naturopath and homeopathic doctor who has dedicated most part of his life and career in exploring the most suitable, safe and effective weight loss techniques, alkaranian lifestyle and pH values. To him, weight loss is not an overnight thing; rather it is hugely dependent on lifestyle changes. His knowledge and experience has been shared by him in his pH miracle book.
About Young’s pH miracle
Through his book, Dr. Young educates and informs that maintenance of proper pH in the human body is the secret to healthy living and weight loss. Usually, human body functions on the pH range of 7.36 to 7.44 and the biological processes within human body operate on this range. This further helps in losing weight. It all depends on how your body successfully creates strong organ functioning systems and maintains optimal environment. Without any side effects, pH miracle focuses on fast, safe and natural mode of weight loss.
What does pH miracle say?
The pH miracle offers a step-by-step instruction on how one can balance pH values within. It is all connected with good exercise, proper dieting and love for your lifestyle. Also, the book covers some of the amazing and delicious recipes that are equally healthy and safe.
Aim of pH miracle
The primary aim of Dr. Robert O Young’s famous pH miracle lifestyle an diet is to offer people a complete and long term solution to weight loss issues. Hence, it not just focuses on weight loss but also on weight maintenance solutions. Apart from shedding off the extra weight, the book also throws light on change of lifestyle for a better living and effective weight loss.
Many have got positive results in weight loss through pH miracle and even online testimonials and stories are a proof of how they have benefitted several men and women in the past. Also, the fact that everything written in this book is supported by well proven medical researches and studies makes it even more authentic book on healthy living and weight loss through pH values.
Following on the heels of recent revelations that x-ray mammography may be contributing to an epidemic of future radiation-induced breast cancers, in a new article titled, “Radiation Treatment Generates Therapy Resistant Cancer Stem Cells From Aggressive Breast Cancer Cells,” published in the journal Cancer July 1st, 2012, researchers from the Department of Radiation Oncology at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center report that radiation treatment actually drives breast cancer cells into greater malignancy.
Among many other cancer causing products commonly found in the home, this dirty dozen list has made it to the Hall of Shame. The Cancer Prevention Coalition (CPC) and Ralph Nader have released a “Dirty Dozen” list of consumer products used in most American homes, and manufactured by giant U.S. corporations.
The “Dirty Dozen” products contain a wide-range of carcinogenic and other toxic ingredients and contaminants to which most of us are exposed daily.
COSMETICS AND PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
1) Talcum Powder- (Johnson & Johnson. Inc.)
Labeled Toxic Ingredient:
TALC, Carcinogenic and a risk factor for ovarian cancer; lung irritant.
2) Cover Girl Replenishing Natural Finish Make Up (Foundation) (Procter & Gamble. Inc.)
Labeled Toxic Ingredients
TALC, Carcinogenic; Lung Irritant.
TRIETHANOLAMINE (TEA), Interacts with nitrites to form carcinogenic nitrosamines.
LANOLIN, Often contaminated with DDT and other carcinogenic pesticides.
PARABENS, Contact dermatitis.
FRAGRANCE, Wide range of unlabeled, untested, and toxic ingredients; contact dermatitis.
3) Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste – (Procter & Gamble. Inc.)
Labeled Toxic Ingredients:
FD&C BLUE #1, Carcinogenic.
FLUORIDE, Possibly carcinogenic.
4) Alberto VO5 Conditioner (Essence of Neutral Henna)
Labeled Toxic Ingredients:
FORMALDEHYDE, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; contact dermatitis and sensitizer.
POLYSORBATE 80, Generally contaminated with the carcinogen 1,4-dioxane.
FD&C RED #4, Carcinogenic.
FRAGRANCE, Wide range of undisclosed ingredients; contact dermatitis.
5) Clairol Nice ‘n Easy (Permanent Haircolor) (Clairol. Inc.)
Labeled Toxic Ingredients:
QUATERNlUM-15, Formaldehyde-releaser; carcinogenic; neurotoxic; contact dermatitis and sensitizer.
DIETHANOLAMINE (DEA), Carcinogenic; also interacts with nitrites to form a carcinogenic nitrosamine.
PHENYLENE-DIAMINES, Includes carcinogens and other ingredients inadequately tested for carcinogenicity; contact dermatitis.
PROPYLENE GLYCOL, Contact dermatitis.
FRAGRANCE, Wide range of undisclosed ingredients; contact dermatitis.
NOTE: Also evidence of causal relation to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, multiple myeloma and other cancers.
6) Ajax Cleanser (Colgate-Palmolive. Inc.)
Unlabeled Toxic Ingredients:
CRYSTALLINE SILICA, Carcinogenic; eye, skin and lung irritant.
NOTE: Carcinogenicity of silica is admitted in 1994 Material Safety and Data Sheet (MSDS).
(Manufacturer claims to have reduced silica levels since 1993.)
7) Zud Heavy Duty Cleanser (Reckitt & Colman. Inc.)
Unlabeled Toxic Ingredient:
CRYSTALLINE SILICA, Carcinogenic; eye, skin and lung irritant. (Carcinogenicity is denied in Material Safety and Data Sheet.)
8) Lysol Disinfectant Spray (Reckitt & Colman. Inc.)
Labeled or Unlabeled Toxic Ingredient:
ORTHOPHENYLPHENOL (OPP): Carcinogenic; irritant. (Carcinogenicity is denied in Material Safety and Data Sheet.)
See article on the truth about disinfectants and suggested alternatives!
9) Zodiac Cat & Dog Flea Collar (Sandoz Agro. Inc).
Labeled Toxic Ingredient
PROPOXUR, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic.
10) Ortho Weed-B-Gon Lawn Weed Killer (Monsanto Co.)
Labeled Toxic Ingredient
SODIUM 2,4-DICHLOROPHENOXYACETATE (2,4-D), Carcinogenic with evidence of casual relation to lymphoma, soft tissue sarcoma and other cancers ; neurotoxic; reproductive toxin.
11) Beef Frankfurters – (eg. Oscar Mayer Foods Corporation)
Unlabeled Toxic Ingredients
BENZENE HEXACHLORIDE, Carcinogenic.
DACTHAL, Carcinogenic (can be contaminated with dioxin); irritant; strong sensitizer.
DIELDRIN, Carcinogenic; xenoestrogen.
DDT, Carcinogenic; xenoestrogen.
HEPTACHLOR, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; reproductive toxin; xenoestrogen.
HEXACHLOROBENZENE, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; teratogenic.
LINDANE, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; damage to blood forming cells.
HORMONES: Carcinogenic and feminizing.
ANTIBIOTICS: Some are carcinogenic, cause allergies and drug resistance.
NITRITE, Interacts with meat amines to form carcinogenic nitrosamines which are a major risk factor for childhood cancers.
12) Whole Milk – (eg. Borden or Lucerne)
Unlabeled Toxic Ingredients
DDT, Carcinogenic; xenoestrogen.
DIELDRIN, Carcinogenic; xenoestrogen.
HEPTACHLOR, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; reproductive toxin; xenoestrogen.
HEXACHLOROBENZENE, Carcinogenic; neurotoxic; reproductive toxin.
ANTIBIOTICS: Some are carcinogenic, cause allergies and drug resistance.
RECOMBINANT BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE and IGF-1: Also, risk factor for breast, colon and prostate cancers.
Hemp, Almond or Coconut milk
“What is particularly galling about the “Dirty Dozen”, emphasized Ralph Nader, “is that these toxic chemicals don’t have to be there. Yet these corporations continue to expose people to health hazards unnecessarily”.
Current product labeling provides no warning for cancer and other chronic health risks. Food is labeled for cholesterol, but not for carcinogens. Cosmetics are labeled for major ingredients, but not for those that form carcinogens or contain carcinogenic contaminants. Except for pesticides, household products contain no information on their ingredients.
Cancer rates are skyrocketing. Currently, more than one-third of all of us will develop cancer in our lifetime, and one-fourth will die from the disease. Many cancers are due to avoidable exposures to industrial carcinogens in the food we eat, and the cosmetics and household products we use.
For more information, see: Steinman, D. and Epstein, S.S.
The Safe Shopper’s Bible, Macmillan/IDG 1995, New York, NY (800-434-3422)
Epstein, S.S. The Politics of Cancer Revisited, East Ridge Press 1998, Hankins, NY (845-887-6467).
Read more on toxic products and ingredients found in home products and food.
Hopefully this has gotten the message across that just because these products sit on store shelves, do not guarantee it’s safe to use. These are 13 of the thousands of products that have not been tested alone or in conjunction. I would like to add one more to this product hall-of-shame.
13) Most Brand-Name Laundry Detergents
These are commonly loaded with extremely toxic chemicals. Residues of these chemicals are left on your clothes and are absorbed by your skin and evaporated into the air where they could be breathed in. In a study conducted by Clemson University, 2% of a fabric’s weight comes from laundry detergent. It was found that this is equivalent to a full scoop of laundry detergent that is accumulated on the clothing wash after wash. And the skin absorbs 75% of what any fat soluble substances that are on the surface within 26 seconds, specially during perspiration. In addition to this, most consumers would be surprised to find that even ‘Green’ labeled detergents contain toxic ingredients. Read: The Truth About Laundry Detergents.
Hidden Toxic Ingredients
Linear alkyl sodium sulfonates (LAS) or ‘anionic surfactants’, carcinogenic, reproductive toxins
Petroleum Distillates, carcinogenic, cause lung damage, lung inflammation and damage to mucous membranes.
Phenols, toxic to central nervous system, heart, blood vessels, lungs and kidneys.
Sodium hypochlorite (household bleach): When it reacts with organic materials in the environment, carcinogenic and toxic compounds are created than can cause reproductive, endocrine and immune system disorders.
There are typically no symptoms of fatty liver. Some people experience fatigue or vague abdominal discomfort. The liver may become slightly enlarged—which will be noticed by the doctor thorough a physical exam.
There are different types of fatty liver:
Nonalcoholic fatty liver (NAFL) develops when the liver has difficulty breaking down fats, which causes a buildup in the liver tissue. The cause is not related to alcohol. NAFL is diagnosed when more than 10 percent of the liver is fat.
Alcoholic fatty liver is the earliest stage of alcohol-related liver disease. The liver is damaged by heavy drinking and unable to break down fats. If the patient abstains from alcohol and eat healthy, the fatty liver will go away. Within six weeks of being alcohol-free, the fat will disappear. However, if excessive alcohol use continues, cirrhosis may develop.
Since fatty liver is the buildup of extra fats in the liver, it is more likely to develop if someone is overweight or obese.
Other factors that may increase the risk for fatty liver are:
• excessive alcohol use
• excessive use of over-the-counter medication can increase your risk of fatty liver
• type 2 diabetes (fat accumulation in the liver has been linked to insulin resistance, the most common cause of type 2 diabetes)
• high cholesterol
• high triglyceride levels
• metabolic syndrome
Possible symptoms of fatty liver include:
• Weight excess in the abdominal area
• Inability to lose weight
• Elevated cholesterol and/or triglyceride levels
• Nausea and/or indigestion
• Overheating of the body
• Excessive sweating
• Red itchy eyes
• Discomfort over the liver area
How to diagnose a Fatty Liver
– Physical Exam
If the liver has become inflamed, physician can detect it by examining the abdomen. An extensive history may reveal fatigue or loss of appetite as well. A thorough history will include poor diet, alcohol use and other medications or supplements.
– Blood Tests
Higher than normal liver enzymes may be found on a routine blood test. This does not confirm a diagnosis of fatty liver. Further analysis will look for the cause of inflammation.
– Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound and Thermography
Ultrasound of the abdomen (anatomical test) usually shows the liver is “echogenic,” that is more dense than usual toward sound waves. The liver can also be enlarged due to fat.
Thermography is the test of physiology and is the only test to visualize the inflammation in the liver.
– Other imaging studies may be done as well such as a CT (computed tomography) scan or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
To reduce the risk of fatty liver, make healthy lifestyle choices, such as:
• Avoid alcohol consumption
• Avoid smoking
• Discontinue drugs or toxins
• Avoid fast and junk food
• Choose a healthy diet
• Use antioxidants to protect further damage to the liver
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Increase hydration with alkaline ionized water and raw green juices
• Exercise every day
• Add a lymphatic massage and infrared sauna to your routine
Welcome to my world, I am Scott Jacobs and what I am about to share with you in my opinion is the largest kept secret in the world. It helped me reclaim my health, my life and an inner peace that I have not had in 52 years. Had I known about this years ago, I could have evaded many of life’s pitfalls and painful situations. My life choices and lack of knowledge and wisdom resulted in a 325 pound unhappy depressed and physically failing human being. One of my mentors, Dr Robert O Young, refers to it as the pH Miracle and says it is Alkalizing love; Development of self first priority. I believe this is a necessary and key ingredient for every human being and a priority to be taught to every child in the world. It would alleviate so much self destruction in our world and we would move from striving to thriving!
We’ve all heard of global warming. Its premise is that the build-up of trash and waste we generate produces toxic gas that is causing the Earth’s atmosphere to deteriorate — which is literally heating up the Earth. What you may not know is that something quite similar happens when trash and waste build up in your body. Toxic acidic fluid forms, causing your body to deteriorate — leaving the body chronically sick, tired and diseased. I’ve coined a new term to describe the phenomenon: “body warming.”
Dr. Robert O. Young, microbiologist, scientist, nutritionist and author of “The pH Miracle” and “The pH Miracle for Weight Loss,” has studied the human body at the cellular level for more than 25 years. The premise of Young’s work is the human body must remain in balance in order to thrive. The balance he’s referring to is your pH balance; pH means “potential for hydrogen.” Your body is 70 percent water. Young says, to be in optimal pH balance, the fluid within your body (your blood) should test at 7.365, to maintain a healthy alkaline/acid balance. Think of pH imbalance as your own personal form of acid rain. But instead of damaging Earth’s soil and lakes and, eventually, the fish, trees and plants that thrive in them, pH imbalance damages your internal “environment.” That’s why I call it “body warming.”
If you are too acidic over time, your immune system becomes severely sluggish. Your endocrine system gets out of whack. Your vital organs begin to shut down, and your bones become brittle. If this acidic state continues, the result is chronic disease, even death. How do we get to a state of body warming? – Too much stress and negative thinking. If you are very stressed and “feed” yourself a steady diet of negative thoughts, you will eventually produce massive quantities of acidic trash and waste in your body. In turn, they produce the toxic “liquid” called acid.
Dr. Young says negative emotions are capable of creating two to three times more tissue acidity than foods or liquids we consume. Tissue acidity results in sickness and disease or dis-ease. – A reversed way of living and eating.
Dr. Young suggests we are polluting our bodies with too many acid-producing activities, among them smoking and drinking too much alcohol. We also produce acid because of our excessive intake of acid-producing foods, such as dairy products, sugar, animal protein, processed grains and junk food.
And, finally, Dr. Young says we lack activity and exercise. Over time, all these factors add up to produce the toxic liquid called acidity, causing “body warming.” But not all is lost. Just as proponents of “global warming” “go green,” we can “go green” to counter body warming.
Here are five easy-to-stick-with tips to help you achieve pH balance and enjoy better health:
1.Change the way you think. List a half-dozen past experiences that brought you happiness, joy and/or excitement. When negative thoughts arise, think of those past experiences. In addition, incorporate more prayer and/or meditation into your life.
2. Try a simple detoxification plan and increase activity. By detoxification, I mean temporarily remove certain foods that cause acid build-up, and sweat enough to release your body’s toxins. For example, replace pasta or bread with extra broccoli portions for 10 days. Increase your activity by devoting 30 minutes a day to build up a sweat; try 10 minute intervals of a brisk walk, jog, a moderate walk or whole body vibrational exercising. http://www.phmiracleliving.com/vibratrim.htm
4. Water rules: Drink your body weight in ounces (e.g. 130 pounds of weight is 130 ounces of water). If that’s too daunting, start with half your body weight in ounces and work your way up. And make sure the water that you are drinking is alkaline. http://www.phmiracleliving.com/melody.htm http://www.phmiracleliving.com/water.htm
Test your pH every single morning. Purchase pH strips at: http://www.phmiracleliving.com When you first wake up in the morning, pull off a strip and test your first morning urine only. The urine color should be no lower than 6.8 but ideally above 7.2. To help increase your urine pH and in turn your tissue pH may I suggest the mineral salts.
http://www.phmiracleliving.com/pHourSalts.htm To become part of our alkaline community go to: http://www.phmiracleliving.com/world-clock.htm To read more about pH Miracle Living go to: http://www.phoreveryoung.wordpress.com
Did you notice how obese many of our children have become? In fact, in the past 30 years, the number of obese children in the US has tripled. Almost 4 out of 10 kids are suffering from weight issues or obesity. The rest of the countries in the world are no different and are facing similar issues regarding obesity in children.
What roles parents should play in their own child’s life to guide them to eat healthy?
First of all parents should walk the talk by setting a good example by eating healthy ourselves; then they should not randomly give kids unhealthy choices just to keep them busy or make them happy; last is to get children involved in the meal making process – such a good family bonding activity!
If you are concerned about the health of your children it may be helpful for you to understand and apply the benefits of an alkalizing green plant-based diet. Ask Broc Obama 🙂 When you are green you are clean, lean and serene!
Have fun with your kids by educating them about a healthy green alkaline plant-based diet.
You can also start your children on our alkalizing green Doc Broc Rocks Vitamin and Mineral supplement made from green grasses, fruit and vegetables. To order go to: http://store.phoreveryoung.com/collections/supplements/products/doc-broc-rocks-per-case
Remember: EDUCATION NOT MEDICATION AND EDUCATION NOT VACCINATION!