The Santa Barbara shooter Elliott Rodger, The Sandy Hook Elementary shooter, Adam Lanza, the Aurora movie theater shooter, James Holmes, the Columbine killer, Eric Harris, the Charleston shooter Dylann Storm Roof, and a host of other mass murdering young children, students, employees or total strangers were all on some type of psychotropic drugs when they committed their crimes.
According to a study published in the journal PLoS One and based on the FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System, the following mind-altering drugs are most frequently linked to violence. Here are eleven killers of children:
11. Suboxone contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Suboxone is a habit-forming drug that has been connected with sudden outbursts of aggressive and violent behaviors.
10. Naloxone is an special narcotic drug that reverses the effects of other narcotic medicines. Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) is an antidepressant associated with 7.9 times more violence than many other drugs.
9. Venlafaxine (Effexor) is related to Pristiq and is an antidepressant also used in treating those with anxiety disorders. Effexor is 8.3 times more associated with violent behavior than other drugs.
8. Fluvoxamine (Luvox) is an antidepressant that affects serotonin (SSRI), and is 8.4 times more likely to be linked to violence than other medications
7. Triazolam (Halcion) can be addictive and is a benzodiazepine that supposedly treats insomnia. It’s 8.7 times more likely to be associated with violence than other medications.
6. Atomoxetine (Strattera) is often prescribed to treat ADHD and is 9 times more likely to be associated with violence.
5. Mefoquine (Lariam) treats malaria and sometimes produces bizarre behavior, and is 9.5 times more likely to be linked to violence.
4. Amphetamines come in many forms and are often used to treat ADHD (even to children not diagnosed with ADHD). They are 9.6 times more likely to be linked to violence.
3. Paroxetine (Paxil) is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressant. Many users experience severe withdrawal symptoms and are more likely to produce children with birth defects as well as 10.3 times more likely to be linked to violence than other medications.
2. Fluoxetine (Prozac) is a household name for a powerful SSRI antidepressant linked with 10.9 times more violence than other drugs.
1. Varenicline (Chantix) is administered to smokers to supposedly help curb cigarette cravings, but it’s a whopping 18 times more likely to be linked to violent behavior than other drugs.
The Food and Drug Administration, which approves these drugs, recognizes that more 100,000 adverse drug reaction (ADR) deaths occur each year. ADR’s are the fourth leading cause of death, ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents and automobile deaths.
Drug companies market to doctors to prescribe their medications and use fake studies to sell their efficacy. The drug company GlaxoSmithKline was recently fined a mere $93,000 in Argentina for killing 14 babies during illegal lab vaccine trials in which the company falsified parental authorizations so that the babies could participate without legitimate parental permission. According to one pediatrician working at the public hospital when GSK began recruiting babies for their illegal human trials, not only did GSK force illiterate parents into handing over their children, but they also “recruited” several doctors working at the hospital into their cause. The actual number of children affected may run in the thousands.
According to a study published in Human and Experimental Toxicology, the more vaccinated a baby, the more likely he or she will die or suffer from a serious reaction.
Yet lawful gun owners may become the scapegoat for the mess Big Pharma is creating and more draconian, liberty stealing laws will likely result from the shooting.
Oct 6, 2012 … On the surface, screening the mental health of children for suicidal … the mental health testing of all 52 million school children and the 6.5 …
Here are 44 answers to the potential cause of mass murdering children:
1) Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Colombine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.
2) Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
3) Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.
4) Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.
5) Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.
6) Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.
7) Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.
8) Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.
9) A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.
10) Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..
11) A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.
12) Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.
13) TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.
14) Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.
15) James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.
16) Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania
17) Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California
18) Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.
19) Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.
20) Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.
21) Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.
22) Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.
23) Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.
24) Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gall stone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.
25) Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.
26) Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara’s parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn’t take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)
27) Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002,
(Gareth’s father could not accept his son’s death and killed himself.)
28) Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family’s detached garage.
29) Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.
30) Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.
31) Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.
32) A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.
33) Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”
34) Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
35) Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.
36) Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
37) Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.
38) Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his New York high school.
39) The Charleston shooter Dylann Storm Roof was reportedly taking a drug, Suboxone, a narcotic that is used to treat opiate addiction. that has been linked with sudden outbursts of violence, fitting the pattern of innumerable other mass shooters who were on or had recently come off pharmaceutical drugs linked to aggression behaviors.
Missing from list… known to have taken these same meds….
40) What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21…… killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az?
41) What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado?
42) What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or?
43) What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 27 of which 14 were children and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct?
And NOW the Latest Tragedy in Roseburg, Oregon!
44) What drugs was Christopher Harper Mercer on, age 26, Killed 9 people and injured 7 people in Roseburg, Oregon was mentally ill and was on psychotropic drugs?
Those focusing on further firearms bans or magazine restrictions are clearly focusing on the wrong issue and asking the wrong questions, either as a deliberate attempt to hide these links, or out of complete and utter ignorance.
Perhaps rather than gun-control, we should be looking closer to instituting pharma-control?
Prevention is the Cure That Will Save Our Children from Physical and Mental Dis-Ease!