The New England quarterback’s alkaline diet has many rules to keep people on track as they attempt this new lifestyle.
Just in time for the Super Bowl!
1. Consume mainly alkaline foods – At least 80%!
2. Pay attention to portion sizes. The plate should include two palm sizes of vegetables and one-palm size of protein
3. Stop eating two to three hours before bed
4. You cannot combine protein and complex carbs for a meal
5. Cannot eat fruit alone
6. Little to no carbs for breakfast
7. Eat foods based on seasons
8. Consume 20oz of alkaline water at a pH of 9.5 right when you wake up
9. If you cannot give up coffee then limit caffeine intake to 200mg (two cups of coffee)
10. No soda, carbonation, milk, dairy, fruit juices, sweetened drinks, and alcohol!
Giving it a try! Toronto-based fitness trainer Keltie O’Connor shared with her followers how she attempted the alkaline diet!
Before the pH Alkaline diet Keltie admitted she was bloated!
After 30 days on the pH Alkaline Diet no more digestive problems and bloating!
To learn more about the pH Miracle lifestyle read The pH Miracle, revised and updated.
To order the pH Miracle Alkaline Lifestyle and Diet book go to: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-O.-Young/e/B001ILKCSU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1547305442&sr=1-2-ent
The Truth About Alkalizing Your Body Fluids
WARNING – WARNING – WARNING – WARNING
Reading the following article may disrupt just about everything you thought you understood about the anatomy, physiology and the functionality of the human body!
Read at YOUR OWN RISK!
The following article was published by Dr. Robert O. Young, April 12th, 2012, covering his work, research and discovery of the interstitial fluid of the colloidal connective tissue, the largest organ of the body and the alkaline buffering system, a new organ system. Dr. Young also shares his discovery of the true purpose ot the stomach and small intestines and his foundational theory that the human body is alkaline by design although acidic by function.
Please Read and Share this very important break-through research that pre-dates the so-called discovery in 2018 of the interstitial fluids of the interstitium as a NEW ORGAN and NEW ORGAN SYSTEM.
The interstitial fluid of the Interstitium is what I have been referring to as the interstitial fluid of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade for over 25 years.
Many of my critics called me a quack when I suggested over 25 years ago that the largest organ of the human body was NOT the skin but a new organ, undetected by current medical savants, called the interstitial fluid of the colloidal connective tissues.
This organ holds all the impurities of the blood in order to maintain its delicate pH balance at 7.365. The colloidal connective tissue holds these impurities until they can be removed by the lymphatic system via perspiration, urination or defecation.
You will also learn about another new organ system I refer to as the Alkaline Buffering System and the real functionality of the stomach!
Reading the following article may disrupt everything you learned in elementary, secondary, graduate and post graduate school. If you are a medical doctor or a naturopathic doctor you will have to unlearn just about everything you were taught at medical school!
The following is a rebuttal to Dr. Ben Kim, a conventionally trained doctor and Dr. Robert O. Young, a biochemist, nutritionist and a naturopathic practitioner.
Dr. Ben Kim states: Is it true that the foods and beverages you consume cause your blood to become more alkaline or acidic? Contrary to popular hype, the answer is: not to any significant degree.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The pH of blood and interstitial fluids are constantly being challenged with environmental, dietary, respiratory, and metabolic acids. The body deals with blood acids by eliminating these acids through the four channels of elimination (urination, perspiration, defecation and respiration) and the buffering of acids through the alkaline buffering system in order to maintain the delicate pH balance of the blood plasma and interstitial fluids at 7.365.
Dr. Kim Ben states: The pH of your blood is tightly regulated by a complex system of buffers that are continuously at work to maintain a range of 7.35 to 7.45, which is slightly more alkaline than pure water.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The pH of your extracellular fluids, which includes the blood plasma and the interstitial fluids are kept at a very narrow range at 7.365 to 7.385. Any pH measurement of blood plasma in excess of 7.385 indicates a condition of compensated acidosis and any pH measurement of blood plasma or interstitial fluids below 7.365 indicates a condition of decompensated acidosis.
When the pH of the blood plasma increases above the 7.385 this is the result of the blood pushing environmental, dietary, respiratory and metabolic acids out into the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade as the blood is pulling alkaline mineral salts such as calcium ions from the bones or magnesium ions from the muscles to offset the increase of acids in the blood. It is always a sure sign that as the blood plasma is becoming more alkaline the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade are becoming more acidic and this is the cause of ALL inflammatory and degenerative diseases.
When the body tissues, organs, cells, or the alkaline reserves (sodium, calcium, magnesium and potassium) become deficient in alkaline minerals the blood plasma pH will drop below the ideal 7.365 causing decompensated acidosis leading to hemolysis at a pH below 7.365 or a coma and/or death at a pH below 7.2.
Dr. Kim Ben states: If the pH of your blood falls below 7.35, the result is a condition called acidosis, a state that leads to central nervous system depression. Severe acidosis – where blood pH falls below 7.00 – can lead to a coma and even death.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: If pH of the blood plasma drops below 7.365 the result is called decompensated acidosis. If the pH of the blood plasma stays at the ideal 7.365 this is called compensated acidosis. And if the pH of the blood plasma increases above the 7.365 this is called “latent tissue acidosis” in the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade.
The blood plasma pH always goes alkaline when the blood pushes out environmental, dietary, respiratory or metabolic acids out into the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade. These acids are always deposited into what I call the ‘acid catchers’ which are the connective tissues of the schade. This leads to what I call ‘latent tissue acidosis’.
As acids build-up in the colloidal connective tissues of the schade and if NOT eliminated by the lymphatic system and the out through the channels of elimination, including the skin, lungs, bowels or urine this will result in ALL the connective tissue diseases and degenerative diseases, including ALL cancerous conditions.
Dr. Kim Ben states: If the pH of your blood rises above 7.45, the result is alkalosis. Severe alkalosis can also lead to death, but through a different mechanism; alkalosis causes all of the nerves in your body to become hypersensitive and over-excitable, often resulting in muscle spasms, nervousness, and convulsions; it’s usually the convulsions that cause death in severe cases.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: If the blood plasma pH increases over 7.385 you are in a state of ‘latent tissue acidosis’ of the interstitial fluids on the colloidal connective tissue of the shade and a high risk for cancer. This is what I call the “tee-ter-totter effect”. The body is pulling alkaline minerals into the blood to compensate for an equal amount of acids being pushed out into the interstitial fluids of the connective tissues of the schade to keep the blood plasma in an alkaline state. The result is tissue acidosis which then leads to hypersensitivity and over-excitable nerves, muscle spasms, nervousness and convulsions that can lead to coma or even death. All of these symptoms are NOT a result of too much base or alkalinity but the result of too much acid from the blood being deposited into the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade. The cause of ‘latent tissue acidosis’ is caused by an acidic lifestyle and dietary choices.
Dr. Kim Ben states: The bottom line is that if you’re breathing and going about your daily activities, your body is doing an adequate job of keeping your blood pH somewhere between 7.35 to 7.45, and the foods that you are eating are not causing any wild deviations of your blood pH.
Dr. Robert O. Young: The bottom line is when you understand that having an acidic lifestyle and diet does affect the blood plasma and interstitial fluid pH in a negative way.
The blood responds to increased acids from lifestyle and diet by pushing them out into the interstitial fluids of the connective tissues or the colloidal connective tissues of the schade. The foods you eat, the liquids you drink, the air you breath, even your thoughts will effect the pH of blood and then the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues. The blood is constantly responding to the acidic wastes of lifestyle and diet choices!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Kim Ben stated: So what’s up with all the hype about the need to alkalize your body? And what’s to be made of the claim that being too acidic can cause osteoporosis, kidney stones, and a number of other undesirable health challenges?
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The hype about alkalizing your blood and then interstitial fluids of the connective tissues is important because the human body is alkaline by design and acidic by function. This is the foundation for understanding the true cause of ALL sickness and disease.
Dr. Kim Ben states: As usual, the answers to such questions about human health can be found in understanding basic principles of human physiology. So let’s take a look at the fundamentals of pH and how your body regulates the acid-alkaline balance of its fluids on a moment-to-moment basis.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The problems with current understanding of the basic principals of human physiology is the basic principals do NOT understand that the human body is alkaline by design and acidic by function. Current medical savants DO NOT understand that there is only one health, one sickness, one disease and one treatment. The one health is to maintain the alkaline design of the blood and interstitial fluids of the connective tissues with an alkaline lifestyle and diet. The one sickness and one disease is the over-acidification of the blood and then tissues due to an inverted way of living, eating and thinking. The one treatment is to restore the alkaline design of the body fluids with an alkaline lifestyle and diet. Remember the fish bowl metaphor? It goes like this – When the fish is sick what would you do? Treat the fish or change the water? Remember the fish is only as healthy as the water it swims in.
Dr. Kim Ben states: pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a liquid is. With respect to your health, the liquids involved are your body fluids, which can be categorized into two main groups:
1. Intracellular fluid, is the fluid found in all of your cells. Intracellular fluid is often called cytosol, and makes up about two-thirds of the total amount of fluid in your body.
2. Extracellular fluid, is the fluid found outside of your cells. Extracellular fluids are further classified as one of two types:
Plasma, which is fluid that makes up your blood.
Interstitial fluid, which occupies all of the spaces that surround your tissues. Interstitial fluid includes the fluids found in your eyes, lymphatic system, joints, nervous system, and between the protective membranes that surround your cardiovascular, respiratory, and abdominal cavities.
Your blood (plasma) needs to maintain a pH of 7.35 to 7.45 for your cells to function properly. Why your cells require your blood to maintain a pH in this range to stay healthy is beyond the scope of this article, but the most important reason is that all of the proteins that work in your body have to maintain a specific geometric shape to function, and the three-dimensional shapes of the proteins in your body are affected by the tiniest changes in the pH of your body fluids.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: pH is a measurement of the concentrations of hydrogen and hydroxyl ions in a aqueous solution. Any aqueous solutions, including your blood plasma interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade (the largest organ of the human body) and the intracellular fluids that are saturated in hydrogen ions is less or more acidic and any aqueous solution that is saturated in hydroxyl ions is less or more base or alkaline.
Once again, the human body is alkaline in its design and acidic in its function. Your blood plasma and interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissue of the schade needs to be maintained at a delicate pH of 7.365 for your cells to function properly.
I have found in my own blood research that when your pH is stable at 7.365 you find healthy blood which is even in color, even in size and even in shape. The red blood cell is the primary stem cell which becomes all other body cells. And the health of the blood and the interstitial fluid of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade is directly connected to the health of all body cells. It is blood that becomes, liver, heart, brain and skin cells. All red blood cells and then body cells are made up of microzymas.
Microzymas are the foundational, indestructible matter and intelligent matter that makes up all living cells, including the DNA. The tiniest changes in the pH of the body fluids can cause the microzymas in the red blood cells or body cells to change into bacteria, yeast and/or mold. This is how germs are created – from within NOT from without.
Dr. Kim Ben states: The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. A liquid that has a pH of 7 is considered to be neutral (pure water is generally considered to have a neutral pH). Fluids that have a pH below 7 – like lemon juice and coffee – are considered to be acidic. And fluids that have a pH above 7 – like human blood and milk of magnesia – are considered to be alkaline.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14 with the pH of 7 being the midpoint (pure water may have a pH of 7 but I have found that the pH of pure water has a range of 6.2 to 7.2 – a 10 times exponential swing. I have also found that pure water has an oxidative reduction potential in a range of +50mV to +150mV) which will drain energy from the body. Lemon is an alkaline fruit not an acidic fruit. This is because of its low sugar and high alkaline mineral content of potassium bicarbonate. Lemons do not draw down on the alkaline buffering system and contributes in excess of 10 times in hydroxyl ions (OH-) in relationship to its hydrogen ion content.
Dr. Kim Ben states: It’s important to note that on the pH scale, each number represents a tenfold difference from adjacent numbers; in other words, a liquid that has a pH of 6 is ten times more acidic than a liquid that has a pH of 7, and a liquid with a pH of 5 is one hundred times more acidic than pure water. Most carbonated soft drinks (pop) have a pH of about 3, making them about ten thousand times more acidic than pure water. Please remember this the next time you think about drinking a can of pop.
When you ingest foods and liquids, the end products of digestion and assimilation of nutrients often results in an acid or alkaline-forming effect – the end products are sometimes called acid ash or alkaline ash.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: All food and drink which has a pH of less than 8.4 will cause the production of sodium bicarbonate by the stomach and the release of this sodium bicarbonate via the salivary glands, the pylorus glands, the pancreas, gall bladder and intestinal glands to alkalize whatever ingested. The main purpose of stomach is to prepare the food in a liquid state at a pH of 8.4 for biological transformation into stem cells which takes place in the crypts of the small intestines.
Dr. Kim Ben states: Also, as your cells produce energy on a continual basis, a number of different acids are formed and released into your body fluids. These acids – generated by your everyday metabolic activities – are unavoidable; as long as your body has to generate energy to survive, it will produce a continuous supply of acids.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: Metabolism produces acidic waste products of lactic, uric, citric and glucose if not eliminated will cause dis-ease and then disease. You are only as healthy as the alkaline fluids of the body which includes the extracellular and intracellular fluids.
Dr. Kim Ben states: So there are two main forces at work on a daily basis that can disrupt the pH of your body fluids – these forces are the acid or alkaline-forming effects of foods and liquids that you ingest, and the acids that you generate through regular metabolic activities. Fortunately, your body has three major mechanisms at work at all times to prevent these forces from shifting the pH of your blood outside of the 7.35 to 7.45 range.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: There are seven main sources at work on a daily basis that can disrupt the pH of your body fluids – these forces include acids from the external environment, acids from the foods and liquids ingested, acids from the air you breath, acids from metabolism, acids from cells breaking down or catabolic activity, acids from endogenous bacteria, yeast and mold, and acids from respiration. Your body has an elaborate alkalizing buffering system at work at all times to help prevent through chelation these forces from shifting the pH of the blood plasma pH as well as the interstitial fluid pH at a delicate pH of 7.365. It is important to note that when the alkaline buffering system (a new organ discovered by Dr. Robert O. Young) becomes depleted and acids are being deposited into the interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues and the fatty tissues this is when dis-ease and eventual disease manifests.
Dr. Kim Ben states: These mechanisms are:
- Buffer Systems
Carbonic Acid-Bicarbonate Buffer System
Protein Buffer System
Phosphate Buffer System
Exhalation of Carbon Dioxide
Elimination of Hydrogen Ions via Kidneys
Dr. Kim Ben states: When people encourage you to “alkalize your blood,” most of them mean that you should eat plenty of foods that have an alkaline-forming effect on your system. The reason for making this suggestion is that the vast majority of highly processed foods – like white flour products and white sugar – have an acid-forming effect on your system, and if you spend years eating a poor diet that is mainly acid-forming, you will overwork some of the buffering systems mentioned above to a point where you could create undesirable changes in your health.
Dr. Robert O. Young states; Everything you eat, everything you drink, everything you breath, everything you think and everything you do affects the blood and interstitial fluids in an acidic way to a lesser or greater degree. That is why we age. We do not get old we mold from years of acidic lifestyle and dietary choices. The key to a healthy life or a life of sickness and disease and then eventual death is in the blood! Especially the blood plasma.
Dr. Kim Ben states: For example, your phosphate buffer system uses different phosphate ions in your body to neutralize strong acids and bases. About 85% of the phosphate ions that are used in your phosphate buffer system comes from calcium phosphate salts, which are structural components of your bones and teeth. If your body fluids are regularly exposed to large quantities of acid-forming foods and liquids, your body will draw upon its calcium phosphate reserves to supply your phosphate buffer system to neutralize the acid-forming effects of your diet. Over time, this may lead to structural weakness in your bones and teeth.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: Dr Kim Ben has described the cause of bone loss correctly. It is important to remember that the activation of the pHosphate buffering system does not happen when you are on an alkalizing lifestyle and diet and hyper-perfusing the blood and interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues with alkalinity. The alkaline lifestyle and diet is outlined in my book, The pH Miracle Revised and Updated.
Drawing on your calcium phosphate reserves at a high rate can also increase the amount of calcium that is eliminated via your genito-urinary system, which is why a predominantly acid-forming diet can increase your risk of developing calcium-rich kidney stones.
Dr. Ken Ben states: This is just one example of how your buffering systems can be overtaxed to a point where you experience negative health consequences. Since your buffering systems have to work all the time anyway to neutralize the acids that are formed from everyday metabolic activities, it’s in your best interest to follow a diet that doesn’t create unnecessary work for your buffering systems.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The protocol that will NOT unnecessarily activate the alkaline buffering systems of the body is outlined in the pH Miracle Revised and Updated by Dr. Robert O. Young.
Dr. Kim Ben states: Generally speaking, most vegetables and fruit have an alkaline-forming effect on your body fluids.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: Generally, all green fruit and vegetables are the ONLY alkalizing foods for the blood and interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues and are critical in building healthy blood and then healthy body cells.
Dr. Kim Ben states: Most grains, animal foods, and highly processed foods have an acid-forming effect on your body fluids.
Dr. Robert O. Young states; All grains, animal foods, dairy products, fermented foods, algae, probiotics, enzymes, high sugar fruit, high sugar vegetables, vinegar, corn, nuts, mushrooms, alcohol, carbonate drinks, sport drinks and tobacco products are acidic to the blood and interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade (the largest organ of the body) and will activate the alkaline buffering systems.
Dr. Kim Ben states: Your health is best served by a good mix of nutrient-dense, alkaline and acid-forming foods; ideally, you want to eat more alkaline-forming foods than acid-forming foods to have the net acid and alkaline-forming effects of your diet match the slightly alkaline pH of your blood.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The only way to achieve extraordinary health and fitness is with the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet as outlined in The pH Miracle Revised and Updated book.
Dr. Kim Ben states: The following lists indicate which common foods have an alkaline-forming effect on your body fluids, and which ones result in acid ash formation when they are digested and assimilated into your system.
Please note that these lists of acid and alkaline-forming foods are not comprehensive, nor are they meant to be.
If you’re eating mainly grains, flour products, animal foods, and washing these foods down with coffee, soda, and milk, you will almost certainly improve your health by replacing some of your food and beverage choices with fresh vegetables and fruits.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The four alkalizing food groups are chlorophyll from green fruit and green vegetables, mono and polyunsaturated oils, alkalizing water and finally alkalizing mineral salts. I call this the COWS Plan as outlined in The pH Miracle Revised and Updated book.
Dr. Kim Ben states: The primary purpose of this article is to offer information that explains why I believe that you don’t need to take one or more nutritional supplements or “alkalized water” for the sole purpose of alkalizing your body. Your body is already designed to keep the pH of your body fluids in a tight, slightly alkaline range.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: Your body is alkaline by design but acidic by function and that is why you would be wise to follow an alkaline lifestyle and diet to prevent ALL sickness and disease and remain strong, healthy and fit. Drinking alkaline water is essential to maintaining the healthy alkaline state of ALL your body fluids!!!!!!
Dr. Kim Ben states: The ideal scenario is to make fresh vegetables and fruits the centerpieces of your diet, and to eat small amounts of any other nutrient-dense foods that your appetite calls for and that experience shows your body can tolerate.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: The ideal scenario is to make fresh organic electron-rich green alkalizing fruit and vegetables the centerpiece of your diet with liberal amounts of alkalizing polyunsaturated oils, alkalizing water at a pH of 9.5 and finally alkalizing mineral salts of sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Dr. Kim Ben states: I hope these thoughts bring some clarity to this often misunderstood health topic.
Dr. Robert O. Young states: I hope these scientific truths brings some clarity to Dr. Kim Ben and others that are confused about the biochemistry, bioenergetics and the importance of alkalizing the blood and interstitial fluids of the colloidal connective tissues of the schade (the largest organ of the human body) with an alkaline lifestyle and diet as outlined in my book, The pH Miracle, revised and updated.
For additional information read The pH Miracle Revised and Updated by Dr. Robert O. Young . You can also go to his personal website at: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
How To Determine the pH of the Interstitial Fluids
YOU ARE THE WORLDS LEADING STAR! AN EXPERT ON YOU! ⭐️
December 30, 2018
If you believe this, you’re in the driver’s seat. Your life, your health, your everything, is yours to create.
But somewhere in the last 100 years or so, we’ve been taken out of the driver’s seat when it comes to our own health.
We’ve been brainwashed, drugged, numbed and controlled!!
We have become so confused about who to listen to and who to believe!!!
Science has advanced beyond what we can see or feel. We’ve been convinced that we’re not expert enough in our selves to be in that driver’s seat. We’ve handed control to what we hope are smarter, more capable hands. Medical doctors, specialists etc.
People are still dying of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.., devastating, horrendous and crazy when you are aware.
We’re in a HEALTH and MORAL crisis!
Our medical system is exceptionally good at handling trauma care. We’re getting better every day at repairing damaged tissue throughout our body. Emergency care is consistently miraculous for accidents and injuries….
But for most people, every day, health or sick care isn’t helping those who are really sick and suffering!!
More and more of us ARE turning to alternative medicine, naturopaths, iridologists, Chinese herbalists.. why?.. because traditional conventional medicine is NOT working.
It’s become almost normal to have chronic pain and disease! And if not now you are going to some time in your future! That’s what we are told!
It’s become normal to take multiple chemical drugs that treat symptoms like antibiotics, and not treat the causes, and they create their own cascade of additional health dilemmas call side-effects!
It’s almost normal to be obese etc! Go to Disneyland Parks and you will see what I mean.
WE can’t afford to live this way!
The government WANTS us to live this way believe it or not! Its become a big fat money making machine! Everyday we are poisoned by almost everything we consume, ingest, and breath!
As much as we’re getting use to it as our new normal, nobody wants to live this way.
It doesn’t feel good!
When we’re not healthy, it’s so much harder to feel, because so much is painful.
So we tune out of feeling.
Without feeling, we lose sight of choice. Without choice, we don’t create what we want. We create what we don’t want.
And that, that’s right this is exactly how they want it to be in this matrix system.
All under their control – sick, tired and then dead!
I want you to be healthy!
Live the best human experience you possibly can!
Not just free from diagnosed disease, but really radiantly healthy.
Healthy feels good!
Feeling good, we get to tune into feeling rather than tune out of it. Tuned in, we get to see what’s possible, and respond to that.
We can FEEL what’s wrong with us.
Our bodies are designed to be able to TELL us and SHOW us!
We just have to cut out the poisons in order to FEEL!
Remove the drugs, the alcohol, the chemicals, pesticides, and clear out our bodies, minds and brains! OUR BLOOD!!!
The first step IS to become ALKALINE!
Yes it’s that simple!
Yes I’m a waking example of the Alkaline lifestyle and diet!
As are many others, some very high profile celebrities have also become enlightened!
This is how you feel, how you see, and how you know what’s wrong with you!
This is how you stop disease in the first place!
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, “THE BLOOD NEVER LIES!”
Many studies show this.
Refer to Robert O Young, CPT, MSc, DSc. PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner at: http://www.drrobertyoung.com and read his book “The Ph Miracle” revised & updated!
We all desire to live inspiringly capable, creative happy lives!
So slow down, take time out.
Tune in. Feel, believe what you feel, and respond to that.
Breathe and move.
Move everything you’ve got in every direction you can, and do it with ease.
No struggle, let the stress go. Let your body shift from defense mode into healing mode.
Start looking after YOU now.
There are amazing souls out that that care, and are experienced in years of research. Robert O Young is one of them! – http://www.drrobertyoung.com
Yes it’s my job to physically train, counsel, and heal someone, but I can assure you I do what I do from passion and empathy.
As a survivor of DV I volunteer at women’s shelters and offer them everything I offer my clients. Everyone deserves a chance to live healthy.
With the New Year approaching maybe you should consider manifesting a few healthy resolutions for yourself!
There are a few spots still avail in our “Enhance Your Life Program” 💚
It’s about time you got really, fully, into you. 💋💋🦅
Namaste ~Leeza Cooper
(You can contact Leeza Copper and begin “Enhancing YOUR LIfe!” at: https://www.facebook.com/leeza.cooper.31?__tn__=%2CdlC-R-R&eid=ARCcG4oMvpaaocp9ZDr_tMAxOGGHrnnYD8ARYFfn0Ki8R_MyMNLq1AGFe9NpEym2re4O7J_qhiETXQ2K&hc_ref=ARTUwt2iutC64zxl_bG2PaO8sOQrrM1xvJBLS9LGCBhRS5btPLl2-2YFF3ZCBAHLLz0
Which brings me to Dr. Dwight Lundell. He’s an experienced heart surgeon and retired Chief of Staff and Chief of Surgery at Banner Heart Hospital in Mesa, Arizona. Not so long ago, Dr. Lundell made the following statement of confession:
“We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.
I trained for many years with other prominent physicians labeled “opinion makers.” Bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, we opinion makers insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol. The only accepted therapy was prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. The latter of course we insisted would lower cholesterol and heart disease. Deviations from these recommendations were considered heresy and could quite possibly result in malpractice. It Is Not Working!
These recommendations are no longer scientifically or morally defensible.”
Many doctors are highly admirable people, but they are still human beings. They all make mistakes, they all learn from them, but the really good ones are willing to admit to them.
Cholesterol does not cause heart disease and trying to reduce it with statin drugs is a waste of time, an international group of experts has claimed.
Not surprisingly, Lundell’s statement regarding the medical establishment’s approach to treating heart disease caused a ripple in the medical industry. It challenged the validity of statins – commonly known as cholesterol-lowering medications – such as Lipitor, Crestor, Zocor, and others.
The reason Lundell’s statement created such a buzz is because statins are big business. In the United States alone, about 25% of the population takes statin medications. They cost from as little as $53 per month to more than $600. Pfizer’s Lipitor went on sale in 1997 and its lifetime sales have surpassed $125 billion. AstraZeneca’s Crestor was the top-selling statin in 2013, generating $5.2 billion in revenue that year alone. The statin industry is estimated at around $30 billion in sales per year. Nevertheless, in the United States, more die each year of heart disease than ever before.
Lundell went on to say:
“The discovery a few years ago that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease is slowly leading to a paradigm shift in how heart disease and other chronic ailments will be treated. The long-established dietary recommendations have created epidemics of obesity and diabetes, the consequences of which dwarf any historical plague in terms of mortality, human suffering and dire economic consequences.
I have peered inside thousands upon thousands of arteries. A diseased artery looks as if someone took a brush and scrubbed repeatedly against its wall. Several times a day, every day, the foods we eat create small injuries compounding into more injuries, causing the body to respond continuously and appropriately with inflammation. While we savor the tantalizing taste of a sweet roll, our bodies respond alarmingly as if a foreign invader arrived declaring war. Foods loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, or processed with omega-6 oils for long shelf life have been the mainstay of the American diet for six decades. These foods have been slowly poisoning everyone.”
Listen to Dr. Tom Sladic, MD has he explains his understanding of the true cause of Heart Disease:
So What is the True Cause of Heart Disease?
A review of research involving nearly 70,000 people found there was no link between what has traditionally been considered “bad” LDL cholesterol and the premature deaths of over 60-year-olds from cardiovascular disease.
Published in the BMJ Open journal, the new study found that 92 percent of people with a high cholesterol level lived longer. (BMJ Open. Published online June 12 2016)
The authors have called for a re-evaluation of the guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis, a hardening and narrowing of the arteries, because “the benefits from statin treatment have been exaggerated”.
High cholesterol is commonly caused by an unhealthy acidic lifestyle and diet, and eating high levels of processed fat in particular, as well as smoking.
It is carried in the blood attached to proteins called lipoproteins and has been traditionally linked to cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart disease, stroke, peripheral arterial disease and aortic disease.
Co-author of the study Dr Malcolm Kendrick, an intermediate care GP, acknowledged the findings would cause controversy but defended them as “robust” and “thoroughly reviewed”. “What we found in our detailed systematic review was that older people with high LDL (low-density lipoprotein) levels, the so-called “bad” cholesterol, lived longer and had less heart disease.”
Vascular and endovascular surgery expert Professor Sherif Sultan from the University of Ireland, who also worked on the study, said cholesterol is one of the “most vital” molecules in the body and prevents infection, cancer, muscle pain and other conditions in elderly people. He also stated, “lowering cholesterol with medications is a total waste of time and money”.
“Lowering cholesterol with medications for primary cardiovascular prevention in those aged over 60 is a total waste of time and resources, whereas altering your lifestyle is the single most important way to achieve a good quality of life,” he said.
Lead author Dr Uffe Ravnskov, a former associate professor of renal medicine at Lund University in Sweden, said there was “no reason” to lower high-LDL-cholesterol.
Heart Disease and Cholesterol
The graph below shows the famous 10 year Framingham correlation study between cholesterol and coronary heart disease, published in the Lancet in 1986, that big Pharma relies on and sold to the American public at large.
The problem though, as you see in the next graph, after 20 years the correlation shows that high cholesterol saves lives and low cholesterol is a risk factor for heart disease!
Everyone in modern society has heard about cholesterol, and how bad it is. Most do not understand why it exists, and simply see it as a menace that must be eliminated as quickly as possible. This misunderstanding is exactly what the pharmaceutical complex promotes, because it allows them to perpetually treat high cholesterol with drugs like Lipitor. These drugs are prescribed for the remainder of a patient’s lifetime, and when he/she eventually dies of a “thought attack”, family and friends will believe that the disaster was inevitable from “high cholesterol”. The death will not be attributed to other health factors or to the drugs themselves, but to the “high cholesterol”; even though there are no known deaths from cholesterol in human history. It is all very convenient for the drug companies, so long as we do not examine what is up the other sleeve.
I am reminded of restless leg syndrome, whereby the dis-ease was ‘discovered’ immediately after the pharmaceutical for it was patented, as a reason to sell us this useless pharmaceutical drug. Now, restless leg syndrome has been upgraded to a new “disease”. The cause of restless leg syndrome is also the cause of heart disease – retained metabolic and/or dietary acids in the connective and fatty tissues leading to inflammation, induration, ulceration, degeneration and finally death
“Before 1920, coronary heart disease was rare in America — so rare that when a young internist named Paul Dudley White introduced the German Electrocardiograph to his colleagues at Harvard University, they advised him to concentrate on a more profitable branch of medicine. The new machine revealed the presence of arterial blockages, thus permitting early diagnosis of coronary heart disease. But in those days, clogged arteries were a medical rarity, and White had to search for patients who could benefit from his new technology. During the next forty years, however, the incidence of coronary heart disease rose dramatically, so much so that by the mid 1950’s, heart disease was the leading cause of death among Americans.”
— Mary Enig, Ph.D.
The amount of cholesterol that you eat actually has very little relationship with the amount that you have in your blood. When you eat more cholesterol, your body produces less, and when you eat less cholesterol, your body produces more. Another way to say this is like this – when you have more metabolic or dietary acid in your blood and interstitial fluids the body produces more LDL cholesterol, and when you have less metabolic or dietary acid in your blood and interstitial fluids the body produces less cholesterol. Why? Because LDL cholesterol is a buffer or chelator of metabolic and/or dietary waste. Understand? A body usually produces between three and four times the cholesterol that one eats. The amount produced is generally related to how much is needed. Cholesterol is indeed needed and critical for optimal health. The purpose of so-called “bad cholesterol” is not to give us heart attacks, but to buffer acidic metabolic and dietary waste and to repair the damage to arteries or veins from our acidic lifestyles and diets.
Whenever a poor acidic diet and lifestyle leads to damaged arteries, a thick and sticky substance is required to patch them. That substance is known as LDL or “bad cholesterol”. When this damaging behavior is continued, multiple patches are created, leading to what we know as “clogged arteries”. The problem is not the cholesterol, which is doing its wonderful job of preventing our death from internal bleeding. The problem is the fact that the arteries or veins are damaged enough from acidic lifestyle and dietary choices to risk internal bleeding. Blocking a body’s healthy countermeasure only leads to worse problems. It is the pharmaceutical standard of symptom suppression that is like hiding the timer of a time bomb, and then expecting it not to eventually go off. Thus, that so-called “BAD” cholesterol is not “BAD” at all. In fact LDL cholesterol is saving your acidic body from internal bleeding and inevitable death. LDL cholesterol ONLY increases in the presence of excess metabolic, dietary, respiratory and/or environmental acids which increase as a result of what you eat, what you drink and what you think. High LDL cholesterol is a warning sign of your poor acidic lifestyle and dietary choices and the body is in preservation mode. It is trying to protect itself from YOU!
Cholesterol is created to save your life! The following picture is what solidified metabolic acid bound cholesterol looks like in the blood.
Modern medicine spends a lot of time fighting this pitch, instead of the actual causes of arterial damage. Thus, it is not surprising that cholesterol-lowering drugs cause more heart dis-ease and more heart attacks and strokes. A massive portion of the elderly population is taking cholesterol-lowering drugs, even though research shows that the higher their cholesterol levels (especially LDL) the longer that they will live and the less risk for a heart attack or stroke. The graph below illustrates this point! Low cholesterol in the elderly is actually a sign that something is seriously wrong, and a heart attack or stroke may be imminent. Modern medicine has only recently come to accept that at least some cholesterol (LDL and HDL) is good and protective! But when you mention (LDL) cholesterol as “GOOD” you better take cover from current medical savants who will attack you with their ignorance!
Cholesterol is still suppressed with drugs, despite what science would make prudent from the long-term Framingham Study. It also has been proven that these drugs cause high suicide rates. The drugs can lead to personality changes, in a manner similar to (but not as intense as) S.S.R.I. antidepressants.
The anti-cholesterol hysteria began in the 1950’s, when researcher Ancel Keys proposed the Lipid Hypothesis. It stated that cholesterol and saturated fats lead to heart disease. His beliefs were promoted heavily by the new hydrogenated oils industry, which spent obscene amounts of money to convince every one of Keys’ indisputable findings. This successful marketing campaign was on par with similar marketing for fluoride at about the same time. Studies which had oppositional findings to Keys’ were ignored or maligned. As a result of his flawed scientific methodology (subjective cherry picking results to match what he wanted to find) saturated fats like butter and eggs were used less, in exchange for the poisonous trans-fats that are in hydrogenated oils. Heart disease rates have been rising exponentially ever-since.
The French eat more fats than any other group in the world, yet they have lower rates of heart disease. The Japanese eat more fats than Americans, yet have lower rates of heart disease. There are plenty of countries with similar patterns. The French lifestyle especially counters Keys’ hypothesis, and it also provides evidence that resveratrol (found in red or purple grapes) improves heart health. Resveratrol has been shown to reverse atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Maybe, just maybe its being American that causes higher rates in heart attacks. The bottom-line medical research is subjective NOT objective!
Just recently the Food and Drug Administration issued new safety warnings about a popular class of drugs used to control and lower cholesterol levels. The FDA says the drugs, known as statins, can cause several side effects, including cognitive problems such as memory lapses and confusion. But the agency is stressing that the side effects appear to be rare and not serious. I have suggested that taking any drug, like statin drugs that lowers LDL cholesterol without removing acidic lifestyle and dietary choices is a risk for heart attack, stroke and other dis-eases like diabetes. I have lowered cholesterol successfully in all cases of hyper-chlolesterolemia without drugs by just changing the diet and lifestyle to an alkaline pH Miracle lifestyle and diet that restores the alkaline design of the body.
One of my research clients Maren Hale was diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolemia and hyper-triglycerides with LDL’s over 400 mg/dl and triglycerides over 200 mg/dl. She was also overweight. Over a period of four years Maren lost over 70 pounds and lowered her cholesterol and triglycerides to healthy normal ranges on the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet. Maren and her family and extended family have been a research study of the University of Utah for familial hypercholesterolemia for over 60 years. Maren was the first of all family members to lower her cholesterol and triglycerides to normal ranges due to her commitment to living a pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet.
High cholesterol levels should be a warning to most people who inflammation caused by metabolic and dietary acid is present. It is a risk marker, and a symptom that can save your life! Eliminating the LDL cholesterol through drugs is the equivalent to eliminating the thermometer in a room that is too hot. It is illogical, and it does nothing to eliminate the dangerous cause of the symptom being expressed.
LDL cholesterol levels naturally drop whenever the body’s becomes less acidic and more alkaline in the interstitial fluids where acids are stored! And LDL cholesterol should never be forced lower with drugs because they WILL cause a heart attack or stroke! The pH Miracle alkaline lifestyle and diet can reduce LDL cholesterol, but it is never because of a lowered cholesterol intake.
The natural drop in cholesterol and triglycerides happens only when a person stops eating toxic acidic foods, drinking toxic acidic drinks and stops toxic acidic thoughts that produce toxic acidic waste products that destroy the arteries and veins!
Do YOU Understand?
Because healthy arteries and veins do not need patching. Remember that a body typically produces 3-4 times the amount of LDL cholesterol than consumed. The fats that a person eats are therefore comparatively insignificant. Cholesterol will rise whenever the body’s need for cholesterol rises and in direct relationship to the level of acidic thoughts, words and deeds. So acidic trans-fats and inflammatory acidic substances are what need to be avoided. These toxic acidic wastes are what damage the arteries and veins, and a body will be required to do a great deal of patching as a consequence. I will reference to alkalizing or chelating herbs and minerals that lower cholesterol levels naturally later, but alkalizing and chelating herbs and minerals do it by lowering the body’s need for LDL cholesterol, not by forcefully lowering it like pharmaceuticals do.
Studies on the link between cholesterol and heart health have been manipulated for decades. The first studies on eggs showed elevated cholesterol levels because they had used dehydrated eggs, and studies of coconut oil yielded similar results because they had used partially hydrogenated coconut oil to get the results that they wanted. That is why I state that ALL scientific research is subjective NOT objective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read about it here: http://wp.me/p5ggLY-a5
It is Simple – Cholesterol DOES NOT CAUSE Heart Disease!
Simply stated, without acid caused inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate on and in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without acid caused inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is acid caused inflammation from acidic lifestyle and dietary choices that causes cholesterol to become trapped.
Acid caused inflammation is not complicated. The cycle of metabolic and dietary acid inflammation is perfect in how the body releases cholesterol to bind acids that cause inflammation in the first place. However, if we chronically expose the body to injury to acidic poisonous toxins from acidic foods and drinks the human body was never designed to process, a condition occurs called systemic latent tissue acidosis that is the cause of ALL inflammation. Chronic acidic inflammation is just as harmful as acute acidic inflammation and are both caused by an increase of dietary and metabolic acids.
What thoughtful person would willfully expose himself or herself repeatedly to acidic foods, drinks, drugs or other substances that are known to cause injury to the body? Well, smokers, alcohol, coffee black tea, soda pop, energy and sport beverage drinkers perhaps, but at least they made that choice willfully.
The rest of us have simply followed the recommended mainstream acidic diet that is low in polyunsaturated fats, high in acidic carbohydrates and highly acidic animal flesh, not knowing we were causing repeated acidic injury to our blood vessels. This repeated injury creates chronic acidic inflammation leading to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity.
Let me repeat: The injury and inflammation caused from acidic foods, drinks and metabolism in our blood vessels is the cause of stokes, heart attacks, diabetes and obesity and NOT the increase of cholesterol. A low healthy fat and salt diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine will cause strokes, heart attacks, diabetes and obesity.
What are the biggest culprits of chronic acidic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, dairy products, animal flesh, chocolate, coffee, tea, including green tea, alcohol, soda pops, vinegar, peanuts, mushrooms, flour and corn and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of saturated vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods.
Take a moment to visualize rubbing a stiff brush repeatedly over soft skin until it becomes quite red and nearly bleeding if you kept this up several times a day, every day for five years. If you could tolerate this painful brushing, you would have a bleeding, swollen infected area that became worse with each repeated acid causing injury. This is a good way to visualize dietary and metabolic acids as the brush leading to the inflammatory process that could be going on in your body right now.
Regardless of where the acidic inflammatory process occurs, externally or internally, it is the same. Using Ultrasound I have peered inside thousands upon thousands of arteries. A diseased artery looks as if someone took a brush and scrubbed repeatedly against its wall. Several times a day, every day, the acidic foods we eat create small injuries compounding into more injuries, causing the body to respond continuously and appropriately with increased acid caused inflammation.
While we savor the tantalizing taste of a sweet roll, chocolate or a carbonated drink our body responds alarmingly as if a foreign invader arrived declaring war. ACIDIC foods loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, or processed with saturated oils for long shelf life have been the mainstay of the American diet for six decades. These acidic foods have been slowly poisoning everyone.
How does eating a simple sweet roll or a piece a chocolate create a cascade of acid causing inflammation to make you sick?
Imagine spilling acidic sugary syrup on your keyboard and you have a visual of what occurs inside the cell. When we consume simple carbohydrates such as sugar, blood sugar rises rapidly. In response, your pancreas secretes insulin and sodium bicarbonate whose primary purpose is to bind and solidify acids so they do NOT destroy healthy body and blood cells and cause internal bleeding. In addition, the body releases cholesterol to help solidify excess dietary and/or metabolic acids that have NOT been properly eliminated through the four channels of elimination – urination, perspiration, respiration and defecation.
The body solidifies acids to protect healthy tissues, glands and organs from ulceration and then degeneration. After years of an acidic lifestyle and diet solidified acids will build-up on the wall of the arteries and veins leading to atherosclerosis, stroke and heart attack.
What does all this have to do with inflammation? Blood sugar which is a metabolic acid is controlled in a very narrow range. Extra acidic sugar molecules that are not solidified and eliminated through the four channels of elimination will injure the blood vessel wall. This repeated acidic injury to the blood vessel wall causes irritation, inflammation, ulceration and eventual degeneration or heart disease and/or cancer. When you spike your blood sugar levels or acid levels several times a day, every day, with acidic foods or thoughts it is exactly like taking sandpaper to the inside of your delicate blood vessels.
While you may not be able to see it, rest assured, tissue, gland and organ acidosis is present. I have seen it in over 40,000 client/patients spanning over 30 years who all shared one common denominator — dietary and metabolic acid caused inflammation in their veins, arteries, glands, tissues and organs. This is what retained physiological acid looks like in the tissues using full-body thermography to show the acidic red and white hot spots.
Let’s get back to the sweet roll and chocolate. These innocent looking goodies not only contain the acid sugar, they are also fermented and processed in one of many saturated oils. Chips and fries are soaked in soybean oil; processed foods are manufactured with saturated oils for longer shelf life.
If the balance shifts by consuming excessive sugar, animal protein, vinegar, coffee, tea, alcohol, corn, peanuts and saturated oil, the cell membranes will be damaged and the body and blood cells will begin to degenerate causing even more acids leading to greater risk of inflammation and dis-ease.
Today’s mainstream American ACIDIC diet has produced an extreme imbalance in the alkaline design of the body and an increase in dietary and metabolic acids that cause ALL sickness and dis-ease. You read this correctly – ALL sickness and dis-ease is caused by metabolic, dietary, respiratory and/or environmental ADIDS! There are no other causes. Germs and viruses are the symptoms of cellular breakdown and NOT the cause of ANY disease. Simply said, germs do NOT cause dis-ease!
To make matters worse, eating these acidic foods and drinks causes the body to hold on to more fat as a depository for these excess acids that are NOT being properly eliminated through the four channels of elimination. That is why people get fat. The increase in fat is in direct relationship to the increase of acidic foods, drinks and lifestyle choices. The process that began with a sweet roll or a cup of coffee, or a piece of chocolate or a glass of wine turns into a vicious cycle over time that creates heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and finally, Alzheimer’s disease, as the acid caused inflammatory process continues unabated.
There is no escaping the fact that the more we consume prepared and processed acidic foods, the more we increase the inflammation switch little by little each day. The human body cannot process, nor was it designed to consume, foods packed with sugars, animal flesh, dairy products, vinegar, alcohol, coffee, tea, chocolate, soda pop, mushrooms, peanuts, corn, flour and saturated processed oils.
There is but one answer to quieting acid caused inflammation, and that is returning to foods closer to their natural alkaline state. To build muscle, eat more chlorophyll concentrated alkaline foods.
Choose carbohydrates that are very complex such as colorful fruit and vegetables. Cut out of your diet saturated oils from corn or soybean.
One tablespoon of corn oil contains 7,280 mg of saturated oil; soybean contains 6,940 mg. Instead, use olive oil, avocado oil, hemp oil or fax oil.
Forget the “science” that has been drummed into your head for decades. The science that saturated fat alone causes heart disease is non-existent. The science that saturated fat raises blood cholesterol is also very weak. Since we now know that cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease, the concern about saturated fat having no place on its hydrogen chain to buffer metabolic and dietary acid is real science. It is acid that causes disease and ALL polyunsaturated oils help to buffer excess acids by the carbon chain picking up the hydrogen ion or acid on its unsaturation. In other words, all polyunsaturated fats whether Omega 1, 3, 6 or 9 buffer or neutralize all dietary and/or metabolic acids on their unsaturated carbon.
The cholesterol theory led to the no-fat, low-fat recommendations that in turn created the very acidic foods now causing an epidemic of acid caused inflammation,induration, ulceration and degeneration. Mainstream medicine made a terrible mistake when it advised people to avoid foods high in cholesterol. We now have an epidemic of arterial acidic caused inflammation leading to heart disease and other silent killers.
Government nutrition guidelines recommend a diet high in carbohydrate regardless of the ample evidence of the health risks it promotes. Yet, heart disease and obesity rates have risen in correlation with a reduced intake of dietary fat. The Food Standards Agency states all individuals’ diets should contain “plenty of starchy foods such as rice, bread, pasta and potatoes”. In addition to this, “just a little saturated fat”. This recommendation is a recipe for heart disease and stroke because of its high level of dietary acid.
While science has moved on, nutritional advice lags behind. And in a study published in Open Heart, a group of researchers conclude that national dietary advice on fat consumption issued to millions in the 1970s to reduce the risk of heart disease which suggested that fat should form no more than 30% of daily food intake lacked any solid trial evidence and shouldn’t have been introduced.
While more circumspect, cardiologist Rahul Bahl wrote in a linked editorial:
“There is certainly a strong argument that an over-reliance in public health on saturated fat as the main dietary villain for cardiovascular disease has distracted from the risks posed by other nutrients, such as carbohydrates.”
Fat and High-Carbohydrate Foods
Some fats aren’t good – trans fats, for example, which are mostly man-made – while others, such as monounsaturated fats found in olive oil are seen as having beneficial qualities.
Today, government guidelines recommend that fats should compose no more than 35% of an individual’s daily calorie intake – and that saturated fat, in particular, ought to supply less than 11%.
Fat intake decreased from 36.6% to 33.7% from 1971 to 2006, while the intake of carbohydrates rose from 44.0% to 48.7%. Yet obesity levels have escalated.
There is evidence to also show that carbohydrates can lead to feelings of increased hunger. A recent study in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that eating carbohydrate foods with a high glycemic index (bread, rice, pasta) caused effects on the brain that led to feelings of increased hunger, which could in turn lead to eating more.
Another study in 2013 found high-carb meals could leave you feeling hungrier hours later compared to a low-carb meal with more fibre, protein and fat. The team behind the research attributed this to the plummeting levels of blood sugar that regularly follows high-carb meals.
The Diet-Heart Hypothesis
At the University of Hull they have been also looking at the effects of saturated fats on triglyceride levels – a type of fat (lipid) found in the blood. Using coconut oil because of its high (90%) saturated fat content, we found that when coupled with exercise, it significantly reduced triglyceride levels. A recent Brazilian rat study also found that coconut oil and exercise could lower blood pressure.
So where does our unshakable idea that fat leads to heart disease come from? The diet-heart hypothesis, that low density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol is raised in the blood by eating saturated fat, which then leads to clogged arteries and eventual heart disease, is not a credible claim.
This theory linking saturated fat and heart disease has been around since 1955 when Ansel Keys introduced his lipid hypothesis. Despite it being the foundation of dietary recommendations, it has never been proven and we have been advised to avoid certain foods including meat, dairy products and coconuts. And these myths are so deeply embedded in our minds, that recent science advocates have seen how hard it is to challenge established thinking.
Saturated Fat and Cholesterol
When we talk about high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or LDL – often referred to as good and bad cholesterol – we aren’t actually referring to cholesterol itself. These lipoproteins actually carry cholesterol, fat and fat soluble vitamins in the bloodstream. It appears that elevated levels of cholesterol (or more accurately, cholesterol which is transported around the blood by lipioproteins) is correlated with an increase in the risk of heart disease.
However, correlation does not mean causation. Very low cholesterol is linked with an increased risk of death (though not from heart disease). And in the very old, research suggests cholesterol can be protective. So it’s fair to say the relationship between cardiovascular disease and total cholesterol is complex.
Type of cholesterol is important. The “good” (HDL) cholesterol is strongly linked with a reduced risk of heart disease. However, LDL, the “bad” cholesterol, is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. But it turns out that there are in fact subtypes of LDL which make this black and white picture more complicated. The actual size of the LDL particle is significant. Individuals are at a heightened risk of heart disease if they have most small, dense LDL particles, that may more easily lodge in the arteries, as opposed to those who have large LDL particles.
Your blood lipid profile is frequently used as a medical screening tool for abnormalities in lipids (including triglycerides and cholesterol). These blood lipid profile tests can identify approximate risks for cardiovascular disease and specific genetic diseases. Studies have also shown that saturated fats do not harm your blood lipid profile – and can actually improve it. Saturated fats could lower the risk of heart disease by shifting LDL cholesterol from dense small LDL to large LDL.
Numerous short-term feeding trials have shown that an increase in saturated fat consumption leads to a rise in overall LDL. Nevertheless, the result is inconsistent and weak. The methods used in a number of these research studies have been criticised – and plenty of studies support the contrary, that no association exists between total LDL and saturated fat consumption.
Cause and Correlation
If it was true that saturated fat did cause heart disease, then it follows that people who consume more would be at higher risk. But observational studies – again only illustrative of correlation not cause – haven’t shown this. One study looked at a population of 347,747 subjects from a total of 21 studies and concluded that there was “no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart or cardiovascular disease”. This has also been the conclusion of other reviews.
So What About Randomized Controlled Trials?
One such study divided 12,866 male subjects at a high risk of heart disease into a low-fat or Western diet group. After six years, no difference was found between them. The Women’s Health Imitative, the biggest randomized controlled trial in diet history, comprised of 48,835 postmenopausal women who were also divided into two similar groups and came up with similar findings.
The Cold-Pressed Organic Coconut Oil Connection
If you don’t care for the science, then take an everyday example. Look at the large populations of the Masai in Africa who consume large amounts of saturated fat but have low levels of coronary heart disease. Or the Tokelauans of New Zealand who consume a massive amount of saturated fat through coconuts: more than 60% of their daily calories come from coconuts. These populations have no history of heart disease. And the health benefits of coconut oil are now becoming known more widely.
We are learning so much more about fats and that there is no evidence that saturated fat causes heart disease. Leading nutrition experts have been calling for an amendment to dietary recommendations for more than ten years. But despite these calls and the high-quality evidence assembled throughout the past decade, doctors, governments – and by extension the public – still take extraordinarily little notice. But a decade of research to the contrary would suggest it’s time we moved away from entrenched thinking, towards a more enlightened attitude to saturated fat.
What you can do is choose whole, organic, raw, NON-GMO, alkaline foods your grandmother served and not those your mom turned to as grocery store aisles filled with manufactured acidic foods and drinks. By eliminating acidic causing inflammatory foods and adding essential nutrients from fresh, raw, organic, alkaline unprocessed food, you will reverse years of damage in your arteries and throughout your body from consuming the typical American ACIDIC diet.
To learn more read the following article, THE PH MIRACLE FOR HEART DISEASE – DISCOVER THE TRUTH ABOUT HEART DISEASE, CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE, ATHEROSCLEROSIS, CHOLESTEROL, HYPERTENSION, STROKE AND MORE! –
To learn more read the following article: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KBMFRA4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p2_i8
To learn more about the work, research, findings of publications of Robert O Young CPT, MSc, DSc, PhD and Naturopathic Practitioner go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
- Ravnskov U, Diamond DM, Hama R, et al. Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review
- Office Of Dietary Supplements Fact Sheet: Folate
- Doshi SN, McDowell IF, Moat SJ, Payne N, Durrant HJ, Lewis MJ, Goodfellos J. Folic acid improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease via mechanisms largely independent of homocysteine. Circulation. 2002;105:22-6.
- Doshi SN, McDowell IFW, Moat SJ, Lang D, Newcombe RG, Kredean MB, Lewis MJ, Goodfellow J. Folate improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2001;21:1196-1202.
- Wald DS, Bishop L, Wald NJ, Law M, Hennessy E, Weir D, McPartlin J, Scott J. Randomized trial of folic acid supplementation and serum homocysteine levels. Arch Intern Med 2001;161:695-700.
- Jennings E. Folic acid as a cancer preventing agent. Med Hypothesis 1995;45:297-303.
- Freudenheim JL, Grahm S, Marshall JR, Haughey BP, Cholewinski S, Wilkinson G. Folate intake and carcinogenesis of the colon and rectum. Int J Epidemiol 1991;20:368-74.
- Giovannucci E, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA, Hunter DJ, Fuchs C, Rosner BA, Speizer FE, Willett WC. Multivitamin use, folate, and colon cancer in women in the Nurses’ Health Study. Ann Intern Med 1998;129:517-24.
- A Paoloni-Giacobino, R Grimble, C Pichard. Genetics and nutrition. Clinical Nutrition Volume 22, Issue 5, Pages 429-435 (October 2003)
- Corradaa MM, Kawasab CH, Hallfrischc J, Mullerd D, Brookmeyere R. Reduced risk of Alzheimer?s disease with high folate intake: The Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging. Alzheimer’s and Dementia Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages 11-18 (July 2005).
- Wang HX, Wahlin Å, Basun H, Fastbom J, Winblad B, Fratiglioni L. Vitamin B12 and folate in relation to the development of Alzheimer?s disease. Neurology May 8, 2001 vol. 56 no. 9 1188-1194.
- Office Of Dietary Supplements Fact Sheet
- Appel LJ. Nonpharmacologic therapies that reduce blood pressure: A fresh perspective. Clin Cardiol 1999;22:1111-5.
- Simopoulos AP. The nutritional aspects of hypertension. Compr Ther 1999;25:95-100.
- Appel LJ, Moore TJ, Obarzanek E, Vollmer WM, Svetkey LP, Sacks FM, Bray GA, Vogt TM, Cutler JA, Windhauser MM, Lin PH, Karanja N. A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure. N Engl J Med 1997;336:1117-24.
- Saris NE, Mervaala E, Karppanen H, Khawaja JA, Lewenstam A. Magnesium: an update on physiological, clinical, and analytical aspects. Clinica Chimica Acta 2000;294:1-26.
- Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Fluoride. National Academy Press. Washington, DC, 1999.
- Paolisso G, Sgambato S, Gambardella A, Pizza G, Tesauro P, Varricchio H, D’Onofrio F. Daily magnesium supplements improve glucose handling in elderly subjects. Am J Clin Nutr 1992;55:1161-7.
- Altura BM and Altura BT. Magnesium and cardiovascular biology: An important link between cardiovascular risk factors and atherogenesis. Cell Mol Biol Res 1995;41:347-59.
- Ford ES. Serum magnesium and ischaemic heart disease: Findings from a national sample of US adults. Intl J of Epidem 1999;28:645-51.
- Liao F, Folsom A, Brancati F. Is low magnesium concentration a risk factor for coronary heart disease? The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Am Heart J 1998;136:480-90.
- Ascherio A, Rimm EB, Hernan MA, Giovannucci EL, Kawachi I, Stampfer MJ, Willett WC. Intake of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and fiber and risk of stroke among US men. Circulation 1998;98:1198-204.
- Elisaf M, Milionis H, Siamopoulos K. Hypomagnesemic hypokalemia and hypocalcemia: Clinical and laboratory characteristics. Mineral Electrolyte Metab 1997;23:105-12.
- Xing JH and Soffer EE. Adverse effects of laxatives. Dis Colon Rectum 2001;44:1201-9.
- Mauskop A, Altura BM. Role of magnesium in the pathogenesis and treatment of migraines. Clin Neurosci. 1998;5(1):24-27.
- Peikert A, Wilimzig C, Kohne-Volland R. Prophylaxis of migraine with oral magnesium: results from a prospective, multi-center, placebo-controlled and double-blind randomized study. Cephalalgia. 1996;16(4):257-263.
- Pfaffenrath V, Wessely P, Meyer C, et al. Magnesium in the prophylaxis of migraine–a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Cephalalgia. 1996;16(6):436-440.
- Wang F, Van Den Eeden SK, Ackerson LM, Salk SE, Reince RH, Elin RJ. Oral magnesium oxide prophylaxis of frequent migrainous headache in children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Headache. 2003;43(6):601-610.
- Bendich A. The potential for dietary supplements to reduce premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms. J Am Coll Nutr. 2000;19(1):3-12.
- Rude RK. Magnesium deficiency: A cause of heterogeneous disease in humans. J Bone Miner Res 1998;13:749-58.
- Rude KR. Magnesium metabolism and deficiency. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1993;22:377-95.
- Kelepouris E and Agus ZS. Hypomagnesemia: Renal magnesium handling. Semin Nephrol 1998;18:58-73.
- Ramsay LE, Yeo WW, Jackson PR. Metabolic effects of diuretics. Cardiology 1994;84 Suppl 2:48-56.
- Kobrin SM and Goldfarb S. Magnesium Deficiency. Semin Nephrol 1990;10:525-35.
- Lajer H and Daugaard G. Cisplatin and hypomagnesemia. Ca Treat Rev 1999;25:47-58.
- Tosiello L. Hypomagnesemia and diabetes mellitus. A review of clinical implications. Arch Intern Med 1996;156:1143-8.
- Paolisso G, Scheen A, D’Onofrio F, Lefebvre P. Magnesium and glucose homeostasis. Diabetologia 1990;33:511-4.
- Elisaf M, Bairaktari E, Kalaitzidis R, Siamopoulos K. Hypomagnesemia in alcoholic patients. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 1998;22:244-6.
- Abbott L, Nadler J, Rude RK. Magnesium deficiency in alcoholism: Possible contribution to osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease in alcoholics. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 1994;18:1076-82.
- Rude RK, Shils ME. Magnesium. In: Shils ME, Shike M, Ross AC, Caballero B, Cousins RJ, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 10th ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006:223-247.
- Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Magnesium. Dietary Reference Intakes: Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington D.C.: National Academy Press; 1997:190-249.
- Schwartz R, Walker G, Linz MD, MacKellar I. Metabolic responses of adolescent boys to two levels of dietary magnesium and protein. I. Magnesium and nitrogen retention. Am J Clin Nutr. 1973;26(5):510-518.
- Shils ME. Magnesium. In Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, 9th Edition. (edited by Shils, ME, Olson, JA, Shike, M, and Ross, AC.) New York: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 1999, p. 169-92.
- Spencer H, Norris C, Williams D. Inhibitory effects of zinc on magnesium balance and magnesium absorption in man. J Am Coll Nutr. 1994;13(5):479-484.
- Torsten Bohn, Lena Davidsson*, Thomas Walczyk and Richard F. Hurrel Fractional magnesium absorption is signi?cantly lower in human subjects from a meal served with an oxalate-rich vegetable, spinach, as compared with a meal served with kale, a vegetable with a low oxalate content. Laboratory for Human Nutrition, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland (Received 27 May 2003 – Revised 7 November 2003 – Accepted 28 November 2003
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: Low magnesium levels can be associated with long-term use of Proton Pump Inhibitor drugs (PPIs)
- Leach RM, Harris ED. Manganese. In: O’Dell BL, Sunde RA, eds. Handbook of nutritionally essential minerals. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc; 1997:335-355.
- Freeland-Graves J, Llanes C. Models to study manganese deficiency. In: Klimis-Tavantzis DL, ed. Manganese in health and disease. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc; 1994.
- Reginster JY, Strause LG, Saltman P, Franchimont P. Trace elements and postmenopausal osteoporosis: a preliminary study of decreased serum manganese. Med Sci Res. 1988;16:337-338.
- Odabasi E, Turan M, Aydin A, Akay C, Kutlu M. Magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium levels in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Can magnesium play a key role in osteoporosis? Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2008;37(7):564-567.
- Keen CL, Zidenberg-Cherr S. Manganese. In: Ziegler EE, Filer LJ, eds. Present Knowledge in Nutrition. 7th ed. Washington D.C.: ILSI Press; 1996:334-343.
- Carl GF, Gallagher BB. Manganese and epilepsy. In: Klimis-Tavantzis DL, ed. Manganese in health and disease. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc; 1994:133-157.
- Blaurock-Busch, E. Wichtige Nahrstoffe fur Gesunde Haut und Haare, Kosmetik Internat. 3/87.
- Collipp, P.J., et al. Manganese in infant formulas and learning disability. Ann. Nutr. Metab. 27(6):488-494, 1983.
- “Guidelines for Niacin Therapy For the Treatment of Elevated Lipoprotein a (Lpa)”. Rush Hemophilia & Thrombophilia Center. August 15, 2002, Revised July 27, 2005. Retrieved 20 November 2009. “facial flushing is a common side effect of niacin therapy that usually subsides after several weeks of consistent niacin use”
- Katzung, Bertram G. (2006). Basic and clinical pharmacology. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. ISBN 0071451536.
- Greenbaum CJ, Kahn SE, Palmer JP. Nicotinamide’s effects on glucose metabolism in subjects at risk for IDDM. Diabetes. 1996;45(11):1631-1634.
- Lampeter EF, Klinghammer A, Scherbaum WA, et al. The Deutsche Nicotinamide Intervention Study: an attempt to prevent type 1 diabetes. DENIS Group. Diabetes. 1998;47(6):980-984.
- Hageman GJ, Stierum RH. Niacin, poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 and genomic stability. Mutat Res. 2001;475(1-2):45-56.
- Jacobson EL, Shieh WM, Huang AC. Mapping the role of NAD metabolism in prevention and treatment of carcinogenesis. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;193(1-2):69-74.
- Weitberg AB. Effect of nicotinic acid supplementation in vivo on oxygen radical-induced genetic damage in human lymphocytes. Mutat Res. 1989;216(4):197-201.
- Tang AM, Graham NM, Saah AJ. Effects of micronutrient intake on survival in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. Am J Epidemiol. 1996;143(12):1244-1256.
- Brown RR, Ozaki Y, Datta SP, Borden EC, Sondel PM, Malone DG. Implications of interferon-induced tryptophan catabolism in cancer, auto-immune diseases and AIDS. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1991;294:425-435.
- Murray MF, Langan M, MacGregor RR. Increased plasma tryptophan in HIV-infected patients treated with pharmacologic doses of nicotinamide. Nutrition. 2001;17(7-8):654-656.
- Office of Dietary Supplements Fact Sheet: Vitamin B6
- New SA, Bolton-Smith C, Grubb DA, Reid DM. Nutritional influences on bone mineral density: a cross-sectional study in premenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997;65(6):1831-1839.
- New SA, Robins SP, Campbell MK, et al. Dietary influences on bone mass and bone metabolism: further evidence of a positive link between fruit and vegetable consumption and bone health? Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;71(1):142-151.
- Tucker KL, Hannan MT, Chen H, Cupples LA, Wilson PW, Kiel DP. Potassium, magnesium, and fruit and vegetable intakes are associated with greater bone mineral density in elderly men and women. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;69(4):727-736.
- Ascherio A, Rimm EB, Hernan MA, et al. Intake of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and fiber and risk of stroke among US men. Circulation. 1998;98(12):1198-1204.
- Iso H, Stampfer MJ, Manson JE, et al. Prospective study of calcium, potassium, and magnesium intake and risk of stroke in women. Stroke. 1999;30(9):1772-1779.
- Fang J, Madhavan S, Alderman MH. Dietary potassium intake and stroke mortality. Stroke. 2000;31(7):1532-1537.
- Bazzano LA, He J, Ogden LG, et al. Dietary potassium intake and risk of stroke in US men and women: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I epidemiologic follow-up study. Stroke. 2001;32(7):1473-1480.
- Green DM, Ropper AH, Kronmal RA, Psaty BM, Burke GL. Serum potassium level and dietary potassium intake as risk factors for stroke. Neurology. 2002;59(3):314-320.
- Barri YM, Wingo CS. The effects of potassium depletion and supplementation on blood pressure: a clinical review. Am J Med Sci. 1997;314(1):37-40.
- Hajjar IM, Grim CE, George V, Kotchen TA. Impact of diet on blood pressure and age-related changes in blood pressure in the US population: analysis of NHANES III. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161(4):589-593.
- Appel LJ, Moore TJ, Obarzanek E, et al. A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure. DASH Collaborative Research Group. N Engl J Med. 1997;336(16):1117-1124.
- Gennari FJ. Hypokalemia. N Engl J Med. 1998;339(7):451-458.
- Shearer MJ. The roles of vitamins D and K in bone health and osteoporosis prevention. Proc Nutr Soc. 1997;56(3):915-937.
- Booth SL. Skeletal functions of vitamin K-dependent proteins: not just for clotting anymore. Nutr Rev. 1997;55(7):282-284.
- Suttie JW. Vitamin K. In: Shils ME, Shike M, Ross AC, Caballero B, Cousins RJ, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 10th ed. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006:412-425.
- Allison (2001). The possible role of vitamin K deficiency in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease and in augmenting brain damage associated with cardiovascular disease. Medical hypotheses 57 (2): 151?5. doi:10.1054/mehy.2001.1307. PMID 11461163.
- ODS Fact Sheet on Coumadin – http://ods.od.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/coumadin1.pdf
- Office of Dietary Suppliments Face Sheet: Vitamin C
- Gokce N, Keaney JF, Jr., Frei B, et al. Long-term ascorbic acid administration reverses endothelial vasomotor dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease. Circulation. 1999;99(25):3234-3240.
- Audera, C (2001). “Mega-dose vitamin C in treatment of the common cold: a randomised controlled trial”. Medical Journal of Australia 389: 175.
- Hemilä, Harri; Chalker, Elizabeth; Douglas, Bob; Hemilä, Harri (2007). “Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold”. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) (3): CD000980.
- Fleming DJ, Tucker KL, Jacques PF, Dallal GE, Wilson PW, Wood RJ (December 2002). “Dietary factors associated with the risk of high iron stores in the elderly Framingham Heart Study cohort”.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 76 (6): 1375?84.Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2000.
- Weinstein M, Babyn P, Zlotkin S. An orange a day keeps the doctor away: scurvy in the year 2000. Pediatrics 2001;108:E55.
- Hoffman FA. Micronutrient requirements of cancer patients. Cancer. 1985;55 (1 Suppl):295-300.
- Deicher R, Hörl WH. Vitamin C in chronic kidney disease and hemodialysis patients. Kidney Blood Press Res 2003;26:100-6.
- Aishah Al-Jarallah, Fatima Igdoura, Yi Zhang, Christine B Tenedero, Elizabeth J White, Melissa E Macdonald, Suleiman A Igdoura, Bernardo L Trigatti. The effect of pomegranate extract on coronary artery atherosclerosis in SR-BI/APOE double knockout mice. Atherosclerosis. 2013 May ;228(1):80-9. Epub 2013 Mar 7. PMID: 23528829
- Michael Aviram, Mira Rosenblat, Diana Gaitini, Samy Nitecki, Aaron Hoffman, Leslie Dornfeld, Nina Volkova, Dita Presser, Judith Attias, Harley Liker, Tony Hayek. Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation. Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;23(3):423-33. PMID: 15158307
- GreenMedInfo.com, Pomegranate’s Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Mahalaxmi Mohan, Harshal Waghulde, Sanjay Kasture. Effect of pomegranate juice on Angiotensin II-induced hypertension in diabetic Wistar rats. Phytother Res. 2009 Dec 17. PMID: 20020514
- Filomena de Nigris, Maria Luisa Balestrieri, Sharon Williams-Ignarro, Francesco P D’Armiento, Carmela Fiorito, Louis J Ignarro, Claudio Napoli. The influence of pomegranate fruit extract in comparison to regular pomegranate juice and seed oil on nitric oxide and arterial function in obese Zucker rats. Nitric Oxide. 2007 Aug ;17(1):50-4. Epub 2007 May 5. PMID: 17553710
- Filomena de Nigris, Sharon Williams-Ignarro, Vincenzo Sica, Lilach O Lerman, Francesco P D’Armiento, Russell E Byrns, Amelia Casamassimi, Daniela Carpentiero, Concetta Schiano, Daigo Sumi, Carmela Fiorito, Louis J Ignarro, Claudio Napoli. Effects of a pomegranate fruit extract rich in punicalagin on oxidation-sensitive genes and eNOS activity at sites of perturbed shear stress and atherogenesis. Cardiovasc Res. 2007 Jan 15;73(2):414-23. Epub 2006 Sep 1. PMID: 17014835
- Yasunori Sawayama, Kyoko Okada, Shinji Maeda, Hachiro Ohnishi, Norihiro Furusyo, Jun Hayashi. Both hepatitis C virus and Chlamydia pneumoniae infection are related to the progression of carotid atherosclerosis in patients undergoing lipid lowering therapy. Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi. 2006 Aug;97(8):245-55. PMID: 17087362
- M Aviram, L Dornfeld, M Rosenblat, N Volkova, M Kaplan, R Coleman, T Hayek, D Presser, B Fuhrman. Pomegranate juice consumption reduces oxidative stress, atherogenic modifications to LDL, and platelet aggregation: studies in humans and in atherosclerotic apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 May ;71(5):1062-76. PMID: 10799367
- Adde FV, Rodrizues JC, Cardoso AL. Nutritional follow-up of cystic fibrosis patients: the role of nutrition education. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2004;80(6):475-82.
- Beckles Willson N, Elliot TM, Everard ML. Omega-3 fatty acids (from fish oils) for cystic fibrosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(3):CD002201.
- Bope. Conn’s Current Therapy 2010. 1st ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, An Imprint of Elsevier; 2009.
- Bruzzese E, Raia V, Gaudiello G, et al. Intestinal inflammation is a frequent feature of cystic fibrosis and is reduced by probiotic administration. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004;20(7):813-9.
- Cabrera C, Artacho R, Gimenez R. Beneficial effects of green tea — a review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2006;25(2):79-99.
- Campbell, T.M. The China Study, BenBella Books; First Paperback Edition edition (May 11, 2006).
- Caramia G, Cocchi M, Garliardini R, et al. Fatty acids composition of plasma phospholipids and triglycerides in children with cystic fibrosis. The effect of dietary supplementation with an olive and soybean oils mixture. Pediatr Med Chir. 2003;25(1):42-9.
- Chin J. Intestinal microflora: negotiating health outcomes with the warring community within us. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2004;13(Suppl):S24-5.
- Cvetnic Z, Vladimir-Knezevic S. Antimicrobial activity of grapefruit seed and pulp ethanolic extract. Acta Pharm. 2004;54(3):243-50.
- D’Agostino, Russell MW, Huse DM et al. ‘Primary and subsequent coronary risk appraisal: new results from the Framingham Study’, American Heart Journal 2000.
- D’Agostino, Russell MW, Huse DM et al. ‘Primary and subsequent coronary risk appraisal: new results from the Framingham Study’, American Heart Journal 2000.
- D’Agostino, Vasan, Pencina, Wolf, Cobain, Massaro, Kannel. ‘A General Cardiovascular Risk Profile for Use in Primary Care: The Framingham Heart Study’.
- D’Agostino, Wolf, Belanger, Kannel ‘Stroke Risk Profile: Adjustment for Antihypertensive Medication’, Stroke 1994.
- Dolinoy D.C., Weidman J.R., Waterland R.A., Jirtle R.L. (2006). Maternal Genistein Alters Coat Color and Protects Avy Mouse Offspring from Obesity by Modifying the Fetal Epigenome. Environmental Health Perspectives, 114:567-572.
- Dolinoy D.C., Huang D., Jirtle R.L. (2007). Maternal nutrient supplementation counteracts bisphenol A-induced DNA hypomethylation in early development. PNAS, 104: 13056-13061.
- Doron S, Gorbach SL. Probiotics: their role in the treatment and prevention of disease. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2006;4(2):261-75.
- Farrell P, Rosenstein B, White T, et al. Guidelines for Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis in Newborns through Older Adults: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Consensus Report. Journal of Pediatrics. 2008;153(2)
- Ferri. Ferri’s Clinical Advisior 2010. 1st ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby, An Imprint of Elsevier; 2009.
- Gonclaves C, Dinis T, Batista MT. Antioxidant properties of proanthocyanidins of Uncaria tomentosa bark decoction: a mechanism for anti-inflammatory activity. Phytochemistry. 2005;66(1):89-98.
- Grey V, Mohammed SR, Smountas AA, et al. Improved glutathione status in young adult patients with cystic fibrosis supplemented with whey protein. J Cyst Fibros. 2003;2(4):195-8.
- Guo R, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Herbal medicines for the treatment of COPD: a systematic review. Eur Respir J. 2006;28(2):330-8.
- Hale LP, Greer PK, Trinh CT, James CL. Proteinase activity and stability of natural bromelain preparations. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005;5(4):783-93.
- Harlan M. Krumholz, MD; Teresa E. Seeman, PhD; Susan S. Merrill, PhD; Carlos F. Mendes de Leon, PhD; Viola Vaccarino, MD; David I. Silverman, MD; Reiko Tsukahara, MD; Adrian M. Ostfeld, MD; Lisa F. Berkman, PhD. Lack of Association Between Cholesterol and Coronary Heart Disease Mortality and Morbidity and All- Cause Mortality in Persons Older Than 70 Years. JAMA. 1994;272(17):1335-1340. doi:10.1001/jama.1994.03520170045034.
- Heggers JP, Cottingham J, Gussman J, et al. The effectiveness of processed grapefruit-seed extract as an antibacterial agent: II
- Mechanism of action and in vitro toxicity. J Altern Complement Med. 2002;8(3):333-40.
- Huang SH, Schall JI, Zemel BS, Stallings VA. Vitamin E status in children with cystic fibrosis and pancreatic insufficiency.J Pediatr. 2006;148(4):556-559.
- Infante P, Redecillas F, Torrent V, et al. Improvement of intestinal function in cystic fibrosis patients using probiotics. An Pediatr. 2008;69(6):501-5.
- Jonsdottir B, Bergsteinsson H, Baldursson O. Cystic Fibrosis–Review. Laeknabladid. 2008;94(12):831-7.
- Kannel, D’Agostino, Silbershatz, Belanger, Wilson, Levy. ‘Profile for Estimating Risk of Heart Failure’ – Arch Intern. Med. 1999.
- Kaati G., Bygren L.O., Pembrey M., Sjostrom M. (2007). Transgenerational response to nutrition, early life circumstances and longevity. European Journal of Human Genetics, 15: 784-790.
- Kormosh N, Laktionov K, Antoshechkina M. Effect of a combination of extract from several plants on cell-mediated and humoral immunity of patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Phytother Res. 2006;20(5):424-5.
- Kucharski R., Maleszka J., Foret S., Maleszka R. Nutritional Control of Reproductive Status in Honeybees via DNA Methylation (2008). Science, 319: 1827-1830 (registration required)
- McCabe H. Riboflavin deficiency in cystic fibrosis: three case reports. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2001;14(5):365-70.
- McGowan P.O., Meaney M.J., Szyf M. (2008). Â Diet and the epigenetic (re)programming of phenotypic differences in behavior. Brain Research, 1237: 12-24 (subscription required).
- Mizejewski GJ, Pass KA. Fatty acids, alpha-fetoprotein, and cystic fibrosis. Pediatrics. 2001;108(6):1370-3.
- Murray KL, Lee CK, Mogayzel PJ Jr, Zeitlin PL, Rosenstein BJ. Dietary supplement use in pediatric patients with cystic fibrosis. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008;65(6):562-5.
- National Institutes of Health (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) www.nih.gov.
- Nutrition Reviews 54: 1-30, 1996. Raised glutathione levels fight the oxdiation of fats circulating in the bloodstream including cholesterol, retarding the process of plaque formation in the arteries leading to most heart attacks and strokes.
- Olveira G, Olveira C. Nutrition, cystic fibrosis and the digestive tract. Nutr Hosp. 2008;23(2):71-86.
- Paterson PG, Juurlink BH. Nutritional Regulation of Glutathione in Stroke. Neurtox Res. 1999 Dec; 1(2): 99-112.
- Parikh, Pencina, Wang, Benjamin, Lanier, Levy, D’Agostino, Kannel, Vasan. ‘A Risk Score for Predicting Near-Term Incidence of Hypertension: The Framingham Heart Study’, Annals of Internal Medicine 2008.
- Pencina, D’Agostino, Larson, Massaro, Vasan. ‘Predicting the 30-Year Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: The Framingham Heart Study’, Circulation 2009.
- Proesmans M, Vermeulen F, De Boeck K. What’s new in cystic fibrosis? From trating symptoms to correction of the basic defect. Eur J Pediatr. 2008;167(8):839-49.
- RahmanI, MacNee W. Oxidative Stress and Regulation of Glutathione in Lung Inflammation. Eur Respir J. 2000 Sep; 16(3):534-54.
- Roum JH, Buhl R, McElvaney NG, et al. Systemic Deficiency of Glutathione in Systic Fibrosis. J Appl Physiol 1993; 75:19-24.
- Rubin BK. The pharmacologic approach to airway clearance: Mucoactive agents. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2006;7 Suppl 1:S215-9.
- Schnabel RB, Sullivan LM, Levy D, Pencina MJ, Massaro JM, D’Agostino RB, Sr., Newton-Cheh C, Yamamoto JF, Magnani JW, Tadros TM, Kannel WB, Wang TJ, Ellinor PT, Wolf PA, Vasan RS, Benjamin EJ. Development of a risk score for atrial fibrillation (Framingham Heart Study): a community-based cohort Lancet 2009;373:739-745.
- Simopoulos AP. Omega-3 fatty acids in inflammation and autoimmune diseases. J Am Coll Nutr. 2002;21(6):495-505.
- The Adult Treatment Panel III, JAMA. 2001.
- Wilson, Meigs, Sullivan, Fox, Nathan, D’Agostino. ‘Prediction of Incident Diabetes Mellitus in Middle-aged Adults: The Framingham Offspring Study,’ Archives of Internal Medicine 2007.
- Young, RO, Sick and Tired, Woodland Publishing, Orem, Utah, 2001.
- Yoon JH, Baek SJ. Molecular targets of dietary polyphenols with anti-inflammatory properties. Yonsei Med J. 2005;46(5):585-96.
- Young, RO, Young, SR, Young, The pH Miracle Revised and Updated, Grand Central Publishing, New York, NY, 2010Pollak O J. 1952, An Etiologic Concept of Atherosclerosis Based on Study of Intimal Alterations after Shock. Circulation;5;539-550. Full free paper at:http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/5/4/539.pdf
- 148. Ross R, Glomset J, Harker L. 1977. Response to injury and atherogenesis. Am J Pathol. Mar;86(3):675-8
- Press release. 2006. New Explanation For The Cause Of Atherosclerosis: The Acidity Theory, Medical News Today, Aug 10 at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/49244.php
- Press release. 2006. Beyond Lipids: Understanding the Mechanics of Atherosclerosis (press release). UCSD News, July 12. at: http://www.jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/news/news_releases/release.sfe?id=554
- Kaunas R, Usami S, Chien S. 2006 Regulation of stretch-induced JNK activation by stress fiber orientation. Cellular Signalling, Nov;18(11):1924-31 at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16581230
- Haga JH, Li Yi-Shuan J. and Chien S. 2007. Molecular basis of the effects of mechanical stretch on vascular smooth muscle cells, Journal of Biomechanics, 40(5):947-60.
- Mesquita QHde. 1979. Myogenic Theory of Myocardial Infarction (Teoria Miogênica do Enfarte do Miocárdio, Gemini, Sao Paulo, SP – Brazil Book in Portuguese language with a summary in English at: http://www.infarctcombat.org/LivroTM/parte8.htm
- Mesquita QHde, Baptista CAS. 1994. Why Myogenic Theory not Thrombogenic Theory. Arq Bras Cardiol, V. 62 (4) – (Official Journal of Brazilian Cardiology Society). Full translated paper at http://www.infarctcombat.org/MTxTT-ABC.pdf
- Fernandes VS et al. 2006, Subclinical atherosclerosis and incipient regional myocardial dysfunction in asymptomatic individuals. The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA), J Am Coll Cardiol 47: 2420-8 Full free paper at http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/content/full/j.jacc.2005.12.075v1
- Marwah R, Doux J, Lee P and Yun A. 2007. Is atherosclerosis a neurogenic phenomenon? Medical Hypotheses, V 69, I 4: 884-887
- Selye H. 1950. The physiology and pathology of exposure to stress: A treatise based on the concepts of the general-adaptation-syndrome and the diseases of adaptation”, Montreal, Acta, Inc. / Selye H et al. 1970 Experimental Cardiovascular Diseases, Volume 1 (History, Cardiovascular Disease, Factors Influencing Cardiovascular Disease); Volume 2 (Histology and Histochemistry, Chemical and Functional Changes, References), Springer-Verlag, Berlin New York
- Cannon WJ. 1914. The emergency function of the adrenal medulla in pain and the major emotions. Am J Physiol. 33:356-372
- Benson JC, Eckert SP, McCleskey EW. 1999. Acid-Evoked Currents in Cardiac Sensory Neurons – A possible mediator of myocardial ischemic sensation, Circulation Research, 84:921-928. Full free paper at http://circres.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/8/921
- Gianni M et al. 2006. Apical ballooning syndrome or takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a systematic review, European Heart Journal, V27,N13: 1523-1529
- Akashi YJ et al. 2002. Reversible left ventricular dysfunction “takotsubo” cardiomyopathy related to catecholamine cardiotoxicity, J. Electrocardiol 2002; 35:351-356
- Arora S et al. 2006. Transient left ventricular apical ballooning after cocaine use; is catecholamine cardiotoxicity the pathologic link? Mayo Clin Proc. 2006; 81:820-832. Full free paper at http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pdf/8106/8106cr2.pdf
- Wittstein IS et al. 2005. Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress, New Engl J Med, Feb 10, V352: 539-548
- Graham LN, Smith PA et al. 2004. Sympathetic neural hyperactivity and its normalization following unstable angina and acute myocardial infarction, Clin Sci (Lond), Jun;106(6):605-11
- Gazes PC, Richardson JA et al. 1959. Plasma catecholamine concentrations in myocardial infarction and angina pectoris, Circulation 19:657-661
- Waldenstrom AP et al. 1978. A possible role of noradrenaline in the development of myocardial infarction, Am Heart J. 95:43-51
- Nadeau RA, de Champlain J. 1979. Plasma catecholamine in acute myocardial infarction, Am Heart J, 98: 548-554
- McCance AJ, Thompson PA, Forfar JC. 1993. Increased cardiac sympathetic nervous activity in patients with unstable coronary heart disease, Eur Heart J, Jun;14(6):751-7
- Makikalio A. 2005. Cardiovascular autonomic and hormonal dysregulation in ischemic stroke with an emphasis on survival, International Journal of Circumpolar Health 64:5
- Korner P. 2007. Essential Hypertension and Its Causes: Neural and Non-Neural Mechanisms. New York, Oxford University Press
- Rainforth MV, Schneider RH, Nidich SI, Gaylord-King C, Salerno JW, Anderson JW. 2007. Stress Reduction Programs in Patients with Elevated Blood Pressure: A Systematic Review and Metaanalysis. Curr Hypertens Rep Dec;9(6):520-8. Full free paper at: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=18350109
- Barnett PA, Spence JD, Manuck SB, et al. 1997. Psychological stress and the progression of carotid artery disease, J Hypertens 15:49–55
- Kamarck TW, Everson SA, Kaplan GA, et al. 1997. Exaggerated blood pressure responses during mental stress are associated with enhanced carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged Finnish men: findings from the Kuopio ischemic heart disease study. Circulation,96:3842–8 Full free paper at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/96/11/384210
- Jennings JR, Kamarck TW et al. 2004. Exaggerated blood pressure responses during mental stress are associated with enhanced carotid atherosclerosis in middle-aged Finnish men: findings from the Kuopio ischemic heart disease study, Circulation;110:2198-2203. Full free paper at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/110/15/2198
- Hauss WH et al. 1990. Adrenaline and noradrenaline as possible chemical mediators in the pathogenesis of arteriosclerosis. Ann N Y Acad Sci 598:91-101
- Matthews KA et al. 1998. Stress-Induced Pulse Pressure Change predicts women’s carotid atherosclerosis, Stroke 29:1525-1530
- Matthews KA, Zhu S, Tucker DC, Whooley MA. 2006. Blood pressure reactivity to psychological stress and coronary calcification in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults Study, Hypertension, Mar; 47(3):391-5. Full free paper at http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/47/3/391
- Ghiadone L et al. 2000. Mental stress induces transient endothelial dysfunction in humans, Circulation102:2473. Full free paper at http://circ.ahajounals.org/cgi/content/full/102/20/2473
- Steptoe A. et al. 2006. Delayed blood pressure recovery after psychological stress is associated with carotid intima-media thickness. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. Nov, 26(11):2547-51
- Eller NH, Netterstrom. 2007. Psychosocial factors at home and at work and four-years progression in intima-media thickness. In J Behav Med 2007; 14 (1):21-29
- Faramawi et al. 2007. Relation between depressive symptoms and common carotid artery atherosclerosis in American persons > 65 years of age, Am J Cardiol; 99:1610-1613
- Schoner W. 2002. Endogenous cardiac glycosides, a new class of steroid hormones. Eur J Biochem. 268, 2440-2448, Full free paper at http://www.ejbiochem.org/cgi/content/full/269/10/2440
- Nesher M, Shpolansky U, Rosen H, Lichtstein D. 2007.The digitalis-like steroid hormones: New mechanisms of action and biological significance. Life Sci. May 15;80(23):2093-107
- Sophocleus A et al. 2003. Circulating endogenous digitalis-like factors (EDLF) in man is derived from the adrenals and its secretion is ACTH-dependent. J Endocrinol Invest Jul;26(7):668-74
- Weidemann H et al. 2004. Diverse effects of stress and additional adrenocorticotropic hormone on digitalislike compounds in normal and nude mice, Journal of Neuroendocrinology, Vol 16, 458-463. Full free paper at http://physiology.huji.ac.il/pdf/lichtstein/weiden-et-al04.pdf
- Hassan M. AM Qazzaz et al. 2004. De Novo Biosynthesis and Radiolabeling of Mammalian Digitalis-Like Factors. Clin Chem. Mar;50(3):612-20. Full free paper at http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/50/3/612
- Rose AM, Valdes RJ. 1994. Understanding the sodium potassium pump and its relevance to disease, Clin. Chem. 40/9: 1674-1685 Full free paper at: http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/reprint/40/9/1674
- Vasilyev A, Khater K, and Rakowski RF. 2004. Effect of Extracellular pH on Presteady-State and SteadyState Current Mediated by the Na+/K+ Pump,. J Membr Biol. March 15; 198(2):65–76. Full free paper at: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1357233
- Li C, Geering K, Horisberger JD. 2006. The Third Sodium Binding Site of Na,K-ATPase Is Functionally Linked to Acidic pH-Activated Inward Current. Membr Biol. 213(1):1-9.
- Mesquita QHde, Baptista CAS. 2002. Cardiotônico: insuperável na preservação da estabilidade miocárdica como preventivo das síndromes coronárias agudas e responsável pela prolongada sobrevida, Ars Cvrandi, maio 35:3. Full free paper at http://www.infarctcombat.org/28anos/digitalicos.html . Summary in English at: http://www.infarctcombat.org/heartnews-16.html
- Mesquita QHde, Baptista CAS et al. 2002. Efeitos do cardiotônico + dilatador coronário na coronáriomiocardiopatia crônica estável, com e sem enfarte prévio, a longo prazo. Ars Cvrandi, setembro;35:7. Full free paper at http://www.infarctcombat.org/qhm/cme.pdf Summary in English athttp://www.infarctcombat.org/heartnews-16.html
- Kern B. 1970. Der Myokard-Infarkt. Haug-Verlag, Heidelberg.
- Gao JRS et al. 2002. Isoform specific stimulation of cardiac Na/K pumps by nM concentrations of glycosides, J Gen Physiol 119:297-312. Full free paper at http://www.jgp.org/cgi/content/full/119/4/297
- Schobel HP et al. 1991.Contrasting effects of digitalis and dobutamine on baroreflex sympathetic control in normal humans, Circulation V84, 1118-1129. Full free paper at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/84/3/1118
- Gutman Y, Boonyaviroj P. Naunyn Schmiedebergs. 1977. Mechanism of inhibition of catecholamine release from adrenal medulla by diphenylhydantoin and by low concentration of ouabain (10 (-10) M). Arch Pharmacol Feb;296(3):293-6
- von Ardenne M. 1978. Die Hemmung der mikrozirculation beim myokardinfarkt und das perlingual applizierte g-strophanthin, Arzneimittel-Forsch. 28; 202:
- Pierre SV et al. 2007. Ouabain triggers preconditioning through activation of the NA+, K+-ATPase signalling cascade in rat hearts, Cardiovasc Res, Feb 1;73(3): 488-96
- Pugin J, Dunn-Siegrist I, Dufour J, Tissieres P, Charles PE, Comte R. 2007. Cyclic Stretch of Human Lung Cells Induces an Acidification and Promotes Bacterial Growth, Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. Oct 5 doi:10.1165/rcmb.2007-0114OC
- Levy B, Gibot S, Franck P, Cravoisy A, Bollaert PE. 2005. Relation between muscle Na+K+ ATPase activity and raised lactate concentrations in septic shock: a prospective study. Lancet. Mar 5-11;365(9462):871-5.
- Schade DS.1982. The role of catecholamines in metabolic acidosis. Ciba Found Symp;87:235-53
- Abarquez RF Jr. 1967. Digitalis in the treatment of hypertension. A preliminary report. Acta Med Philipp. Jan-Mar;3(3):161-70
- Yuan CM, Manunta P, Hamlyn JM et al. 1993. Long-term ouabain administration produces hypertension in rats. Hypertension, 3;22;178-187 Full free paper at: http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/22/2/178
- Manunta, P., Hamilton, J., Rogowski, A.C., Hamilton, B.P., Hamlyn, J.M. 2000. Chronic hypertension induced by ouabain but not digoxin in the rat:antihypertensive effect of digoxin and digitoxin. Hypertension Research 23 (Suppl), S77–S85.
- Yang Q, Huang W, Jozwik C, Lin Y, Glasman M et al. 2005. Cardiac glycosides inhibit TNF-alpha/NF-kappaB signaling by blocking recruitment of TNF receptor-associated death domain to the TNF receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA Jul 5;102(27):9631-6. Full free paper at http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/102/27/963111
- Sternberg EM. 2001. Neuroendocrine regulation of autoimmune/inflammatory disease, J Endocrinol Jun; 169(3):429-35. Full free paper at http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/cgi/reprint/169/3/429
- Brum PC, Kosek J, Patterson A et al. 2002. Abnormal cardiac function associated with sympathetic nervous system hyperactivity in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283: H1838-H1845. Full free paper at http://ajpheart.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/283/5/H1838#B4
- F. E. Demartini, P. J. Cannon, W. B. Stason, and J. H. Laragh. 1965. Lactic Acid Metabolism in Hypertensive Patients. Science 11 June, Vol. 148. no. 3676, pp. 1482 – 1484
- Sharda S, Gupta SN and Khuteta KP. 1975. Effect on mental stress on intermediate carbohydrate-and lipidmetabolism. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. Apr-Jun;19(2):86-9.
- Hall JB, Brown DA. 1979. Plasma glucose and lactic acid alterations in response to a stressful exam. Biol Psychol. May;8(3):179-88.
- von Ardenne M, Reitnauer PG. 1989. Increase of perfusion pressure at constant perfusion rate caused by low pH values, Biomed Biochim Acta, 48(4):317-23
- Yasushi Horai et al. 2005. Changes in pH increase perfusion pressure of coronary arteries in the rat. J Pharmacol Sci 97; 400: 407
- Austin C, Wray S. 2000. Interactions Between Ca2+ and H+ and Functional Consequences in Vascular Smooth Muscle, Mini Review, Circulation Research 86:355. Full free paper at: http://circres.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/86/3/355
- Kim YM et al. 2005. Contribution of Na_-K_ pump and KIR currents to extracellular pH-dependent changes of contractility in rat superior mesenteric artery, Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:792-800 Full free paper at http://ajpheart.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/289/2/H792
- Carter G, Gavin JB. 1989. Endocardial damage induced by lactate, lowered pH and lactic acid in nonischemic beating hearts. Pathology Apr;21(2):125-30
- Sharma AM, Kribben A et al. 1990. Salt sensitivity in humans is associated with abnormal acid-base balance. Hypertension; 16, 407-413. Full free paper at http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/16/4/407
- Harold T. Edwards, Edward H. Bensley, David B. Dill and Thorne M. Carpenter. 1944. Human Respiratory Quotients in Relation to Alveolar Carbon Dioxide and Blood Lactic Acid After Ingestion of Glucose, Fructose, or Galactose. Journal of Nutrition Vol. 27 No. 3 March, pp. 241-251. Full free paper at http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/27/3/241
- Hallfrisch J. 1990. Metabolic effects of dietary fructose. FASEB J, Vol 4; Jun: 2652-2660. Full free paper at http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/reprint/4/9/2652.pdf
- Mesquita QHde. 1982. Aspectos angiográficos coronários e ventriculograficos do primeiro enfarte do miocárdio em coronariopatia crônica silenciosa. Rev. Bras. Med., V 39: N7
- LA Naves and McCleskey EW. 2005. An acid-sensing ion channel that detects ischemic pain. Braz J Med Biol Res, 38 (11) 1561-69 http://www.scielo.br/pdf/bjmbr/v38n11/v38n11a01.pdf
- Vogt AM, Ackermann C, Yildiz M, Schoels W, Kübler W. 2002. Lactate accumulation rather than ATP depletion predicts ischemic myocardial necrosis: implications for the development of lethal myocardial injury, Biochim Biophys Acta Mar 16;1586(2):219- 26.
- Todd GL, Baroldi G, Pieper GM, Clayton FC, Eliot RS. 1985. Experimental catecholamine- induced myocardial necrosis. I. Morphology, quantification and regional distribution of acute contraction band lesions. J Mol Cell Cardiol. Apr 17(4):317- 38.
- Henning RJ, Well MH, Weiner F. 1982. Blood lactate as prognostic indicator of survival in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Circ Shock, 9(3):307-15
- Vikhert AM, Cherpachenko NM. 1985. Histoenzymological characteristics of the myocardium in sudden cardiac death. Arkh Patol 47(7):29-34
- Huang Y, McNamara JO. 2004. “Ischemic Stroke: “Acidotoxicity” Is a Perpetrator”, Cell, Volume 118, Issue 6, 17 September, Pages 665-666Tennant R. 1935. Factors concerned in the arrest of contraction in an ischemic myocardial area. Am J Physiol: 133; 677-682
- Katz AM, Hecht H. H. 1969. The early pump failure of the ischaemic heart. Am J Med: 47; 497-502
- Elharrer V, Zipes D.P. 1977. Cardiac electrophysiologic alterations during myocardial ischaemia. Am J Physiol: 233: H329-345
- Pan HL et al. 1999. Role of protons in activation of cardiac sympathetic C-fibre afferents during ischaemia in cats. J Physiol. Aug 1;518 ( Pt 3):857-66. Full free paper at http://jp.physoc.org/cgi/content/full/518/3/857
- Leake DS. 1997. Does an acidic pH explain why low density lipoprotein is oxidised in atherosclerotic lesions? Atherosclerosis. Mar 21;129(2):149- 57
- Gown MA, Benditt PE. 1982. Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) isozymes of human atherosclerotic plaques. Am J Pathol 1982, 107:316-321
- Morgan J, Leake DS. 1995. Oxidation of low density lipoprotein by iron or copper at acidic pH. J Lipid Res. Dec;36(12):2504- 12. Full free paper at: http://www.jlr.org/cgi/reprint/36/12/2504
- Patterson RA, Leake DS. 1998. Human serum, cysteine and histidine inhibit the oxidation of low density lipoprotein less at acidic pH. FEBS Lett. Sep 4;434(3):317- 21.
- Naghavi M et al. 2002. pH Heterogeneity of human and rabbit atherosclerotic plaques; a new insight into detection of vulnerable plaque. Atherosclerosis Sep, V 164; 1:27-35
- Khan T, Soller B, Naghavi M, Casscells W. 2005. Tissue pH determination for the detection of metabolically active inflamed vulnerable plaques using near-infrared spectroscopy: an in-vitro feasibility study. Cardiology.; 103(1): 10-6.
- Sneck M, Kovanen PT, Oorni K. 2005. Decrease in pH strongly enhances binding of native, proteolysed, lipolysed, and oxidized low density lipoprotein particles to human aortic proteoglycans, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 280;45: Nov. Full free paper at http://www.jbc.org/cgi/reprint/280/45/37449
- Oorni K and Kovanen PT. 2006. Enhanced extracellular lipid accumulation in acidic environments. Curr Opin Lipidol 17(5);534-40: Oct
- Patterson RA, Horsley ETM, Leake DS. 2003. Prooxidant and antioxidant properties of human serum ultrafiltrates toward LDL: important role of uric acid. Journal of Lipid Research, Vol. 44, 512-521, March Full free paper at http://www.jlr.org/cgi/reprint/44/3/51212
- Hayden MR, Tyagi SC. 2004. Uric acid: A new look at an old risk marker for cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes mellitus: The urate redox shuttle. Nutr Metab (Lond). 1: 10, October 19. Full paper at http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=529248
- McCully KS. 1969. Vascular pathology of homocysteinemia: implications for the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Am J Pathology 56:111:28
- Stoney CM. 1999. Plasma homocysteine levels increase in women during psychological stress, Life Sci 64(25):2359-65
- Stoney CM and Engebretson TO. 2000. Plasma homocysteine concentrations are positively associated with hostility and anger, Life Sci 66(23):2267-75
- Hapuarachchi JR, Chalmers AH et al. 2003. Changes in clinically relevant metabolites with psychological stress parameters. Behav Med. Summer;29(2):52-9
- Jerlich A et al. 1999. Correlation of low-density lipoprotein modification by myeloperoxidase with hypocholorous acid formation, Int. J. Clin, Lab, Res 29(4):155-61
- Podrez EA, Abu-Soud HM, Hasen SL. 2000. Myeloperoxidase-generated oxidants and atherosclerosis. Free Radic Biol Med 28:1717–172
- Yang J, Cheng Y, Ji R, Zhang C. 2006. Novel model of inflammatory neointima formation reveals a potential role of myeloperoxidase in neointimal hyperplasia. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. Dec;291(6):H3087- 93.
- Meuwese MC, Stroes ESG, Hazen SL, et al. 2007. Serum myeloperoxidase levels are associated with the future risk of coronary artery disease in apparently healthy individuals: The EPIC-Norfolk Prospective Population Study..J Am Coll Cardiol 50:159-165
- Wong ML et al. 2000. Acute systemic inflammation up-regulates secretory sphingomyelinase in vivo: A possible link between inflammatory cytokines and atherogenesis, PNAS 97;8681-8686 Full free paper at http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/97/15/8681
- Abela GS. 2006. Plaque Rupture by Cholesterol Crystallization – A Novel Concept for Acute Coronary Syndrome, American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session, March 13, Full free paper at http://www.cardiosource.com/rapidnewssummaries/summary.asp?SumID=164
- Malek AM, Alper SL, Izumo S. 1999. Hemodynamic shear stress and its role in atherosclerosis JAMA 282: 2035-2042
- Cheng C et al. 2006. Atherosclerotic lesion size and vulnerability are determined by patterns of fluid shear stress. Circulation 113:2744-2753. Full free paper at at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/113/23/2744
- Cunningham KS and Gotlieb AI. 2005. The role of shear stress in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis (Mini review), Laboratory Investigation 85, 9-23, Full free paper at: http://www.nature.com/labinvest/journal/v85/n1/full/3700215a.html
- Texon M. 1957. A hemodynamic concept of atherosclerosis, with particular reference to coronary occlusion. Arch Intern Med 99:418–42
- Imparato AM, Lord JW Jr, Texon M, Helpern M. 1961. Experimental atherosclerosis produced by alteration of blood vessel configuration. Surg Forum 12:245–247.
- Rittersma SZH, van der Wal AC, Koch KT, et al. 2005. Plaque instability frequently occurs days or weeks before occlusive coronary thrombosis. A pathological thrombectomy study in primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Circulation; 111:1160-1165. Full free paper at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/111/9/1160
- Ojio S, Takatsy H, et al. 2000. Considerable time from the onset of plaque rupture and/or thrombi until the onset of acute myocardial infarction in humans coronary angiographic findings within 1 week before the onset of infarction. Circulation;102:2063. Full free paper at:http://www.circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/102/17/206
- Ulrich E. Heidlan, Bodo E. Strauer. 2001. Left ventricular muscle mass and elevated heart rate are associated with coronary plaque disruption, Circulation 104:1477. Full free paper at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/104/13/1477
- Baroldi G, Bigi R, Cortigiani L. 2004. Ultrasound imaging versus morphopathology in cardiovascular diseases. Coronary collateral circulation and atherosclerotic plaque. Cardiovascular ultrasound; 3: 6. Full free paper at: http://www.cardiovascularultrasound.com/content/3/1/6
- Roberts W. C. 1974. Coronary Thrombosis and Fatal Myocardial Ischemia. Circulation;49;1-3 Full free paper at http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/49/1/1.pdf
- Rioufol G, Finet G, Andre-Fouet X et al. 2002. Multiple atherosclerotic plaque rupture in acute coronary syndrome: a three-vessel intravascular ultrasound study. Circulation; 106:804-808. Full free paper at: http://www.circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/01.CIR.0000025609.13806.31v1
- Yasunori Ueda, Masanori Asakura, et al. 2001. The healing process of infarct-related plaque: Insights from 18 months of serial angioscopic follow-up. Am Coll Cardiol, 38:1916-1922.Full free paper at: http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/reprint/38/7/1916
- Giorgio Baroldi, Riccardo Bigi and Lauro Cortigiani.2005. Ultrasound imaging versusmorphopathology in cardiovascular diseases. Myocardial cell damage. Cardiovascular Ultrasound 3:32. Full free paper at http://www.cardiovascularultrasound.com/content/3/1/32
- Murakami T, Mizuno S, Takahashi Y, Ohsato K et al. 1998. Intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy for acute myocardial infarction, Am. J Cardiology Oct 1;82 (7):839-44
- Wang HX, Leineweber C, et al. 2007. Psychosocial stress and atherosclerosis: family and work stress accelerate progression of coronary disease in women. The Stockholm Female Coronary Angiography Study. Journal of Internal Medicine 261;245-254
- Richmond AC et al. 2000. Effects of stress reduction on carotid atherosclerosis in hypertensive African Americans, Stroke 31:568-573. Full free paper at: http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/31/3/568
- Fields JZ et al. 2002. Effect of a multimodality natural medicine program on carotid atherosclerosis in older subjects: a pilot trial of Maharishi Vedic Medicine, American Journal of Cardiology, 89; 8:952-958
- Manchanda SC, Narang R, Reddy KS, Sachdeva U, Prabhakaran D, Dharmanand S, Rajani M and Bijlani R. 2002. Retardation of coronary atherosclerosis with yoga lifestyle prevention, J Assoc Physicians India Jul; 48(7): 687-94 13.
- Rainer Rauramaa et al. 2004. Effects of aerobical physical exercise on inflammation and atherosclerosis in men: The DNASCO Study. Annals of Internal Medicine, 15 June, 140:12:1007-1014,
- Lichtor T et al. 1987.The sympathetic nervous system and atherosclerosis. J Neurosurg Dec;67(6):906-1,Pauletto P et al. 1991. Sympathetic drive and vascular damage in hypertension and atherosclerosis, Hypertension Apr;17(4 Suppl):III75-81.
- Wikstrand J, Berglund G, Hedblad B, Hulthe, Wikstrand J. 2003.Anti-atherosclerotic effects of beta-blockers. Am J Cardiol. Jun 19;91(12A):25H-29H.
- Sipahi I et al. 2007. B-Blockers and progression of coronary atherosclerosis; Pooled analysis of 4 intravascular trials. Annals of Internal Medicine, 3 July, V147; Issue 1: 10-18
- Mesquita QHde, Kerbrie SV, Mari SM, Baptista CA, Monteiro J, Maciel MC. 1978. Preservação funcional do miocárdio isquêmico pelo cardiotonico a longo prazo: recateterização de 29 casos. Medicina de Hoje, março 1978
- Hansson GK. 2005. Inflammation, atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease, NEJM V 352; N16 April 21.
- Malcolm Kendrick. 2007. Are statins overused? Future Lipidol, 2 (5)
- Player MS, King DE, et al. 2007. Psychosocial Factors and Progression From Prehypertension to Hypertension or Coronary Heart Disease, Ann Fam Med ;5(5):403-411. Full free paper at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/565806?src=mp.
- Palatini P, Longo D, Zaetta V, Perkovic D, Garbelotto R, Pessina AC. 2006. Evolution of blood pressure and cholesterol in stage 1 hypertension: role of autonomic nervous system activity, J Hypertens.Jul;24(7):1375-81.
- Grassi G, Quarti-Trevano F, Seravalle G, Dell’Oro R. 2007. Cardiovascular risk and adrenergic overdrive in the metabolic syndrome. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis Jul; 17(6): 473-81.
- Choi CS, Kiim YB, Lee FN, et al. 2002. Lactate induces insulin resistance in skeletal muscle by suppressing glycolysis and impairing insulin signaling. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 283: E233–E240, 2002. Full free paper at: http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/283/2/E233,
- Tentolouris N, Tsigos C, Perea D et al. 2003. Differential effects of high-fat and high-carbohydrate isoenergetic meals on cardiac autonomic nervous system activity in lean and obese women. Metabolism. Nov;52(11):1426- 32.
- Calynn Davis Bunol, 2005. Thesis, Autonomic nervous system modulation of the heart following a high carbohydrate liquid meal, December. Full free paper at http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-09082005-165133/unrestricted/Bunol_thesis.pdf
- Erkilla AT, Matthan NR, et al. 2006. Higher plasma docosahexaenoic acid is associated with reduced progression of coronary atherosclerosis in women with CAD. J Lipid Res; 47: 2814-19 Full free paper at http://www.jlr.org/cgi/reprint/47/12/2814.
- Ogilve GK, Fettman MJ et al. 2000. Effect of fish oil, arginine, and doxorubicin chemotherapy on remission and survival time for dogs with lymphoma: A double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled study, Cancer; 88: 1016-28. Full free paper at: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgibin/fulltext/75504731/PDFSTART
- Graziani Y. 1977. Regulation of cyclic AMP level and lactic acid production in Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Biochim Biophys Acta April 27;497(2):499-506.
- Nazam Ansari N, Bhandari U, Pillai KK. 2007. Protective role of curcumin in myocardial oxidative damage induced by isoproterenol in rats. Hum Exp Toxicol, Dec;26(12):933-8.
- Dernek S et al. 2004. Cardioprotection with resveratrol pretreatment: improved beneficial effects over standard treatment in heart rats after global ischemia. Scand Cardiovasc J Aug;38(4):245-54.
- Al Makdessi S, Sweidan H, Müllner S, Jacob R. 1996. Myocardial protection by pretreatment with Crataegus oxyacantha: an assessment by means of the release of lactate dehydrogenase by the ischemic and reperfused Langendorff heart. Arzneimittelforschung Jan;46(1):25-7.
- Leor J, Goldbourt U et al. 1995. Digoxin and increased mortality among patients recovering from acute myocardial infarction: importance of digoxin dose, Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. Oct;9(5):723-
- Adams KF Jr, Patterson JH et al. 2005. Relationship of serum digoxin concentration to mortality and morbidity in women in the digitalis investigation group trial: a retrospective analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. Aug 2;46(3):497-504.
- Wycoff C.C. 1969. New Concepts of Digitalis, Calif Med. 1969 December; 111(6): 423–432. Full free paper at http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1503737.
- T Bjornheden, M Levin, M Evaldsson, O Wiklund. 1999. Evidence of hypoxic areas within the arterial wall in vivo, Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology; 19:870-87.
- Quick AJ. 1935. The effect of exercise on the excretion of uric acid. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. Full free paper at: http://www.jbc.org/cgi/reprint/110/1/107.pdf
- Flierl MA, Rittirsch D, Nadeau BA et al. 2007. Phagocyte-derived catecholamines enhance acute inflammatory injury. Nature Oct 11;449 (7163):721-5
- Lee KS and Klaus W. 1971. The subcellular basis for the mechanisms of inotropic action of cardiac glycosides. Pharmacol Rev 23:193-261
- Wen Y, Leake DS. 2007. Low density Lipoprotein oxidation undergoes within lysosome in cells. Circ.Res. 100;1337-1343. Full free paper at http://circres.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/100/9/1337
- Marshall MW and Iacono JM (1976). Changes in lactate dehydrogenase, LDH isoenzymes, lactate, and pyruvate as a result of feeding low fat diets to healthy men and women. Metabolism. 1976 Feb;25(2):169-78.
- Yoshimura T, Miyoshi T, et al. (1986). Effect of high carbohydrate diet on serum lactate
- dehydrogenase isozyme pattern in Japanese young men. Acta Biol Hung. 1986;37(3-4):243-8.
Every day I am asked questions about the alkaline lifestyle such as practices, food, beverages, exercises…. all toting to be alkaline or which have an alkalizing effect that clearly do not and are not.
Often I meet with new clients who have been working on an “alkaline system” or who have received “alkaline advice” or who have been doing all sorts of “alkaline cures” and eating alkaline, clearly were not; otherwise their symptoms would have disappeared and the root of their health issues would have already cleared and healed. It’s true our body when in perfect health (pH) is alkaline by design and acidic by function. There is only one sickness, one illness and one disease though with many names and faces. Ii is called the over acidification of the body fluids (blood, interstitial and intracellular fluids which are all in perfect balance at 7.365), tissues, muscles, organs and bones.
I am always surprised when I listen to a clients story and then look at their blood, interstitial fluids and intracellular fluids. It is such an eye opener and refreshing at the same time. So I am putting all those questions, issues, myths and false educational totes here for you in hopes that you may benefit and understand the true anatomy, physiology and functionality of this beautiful body we have been given to live in. Because if you do not take care of your body where are you going to live? http://www.drrobertyoung.com
1. Apple cider vinegar is alkalizing and healthful for digestion!
Vinegar is one of my top ten foods to NEVER ingest. Vinegar is the urine of acidic fermentation of a live food from apple or rice. Vinegar causes an acidification of the blood and then tissues by robbing your body of the alkaline minerals of sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium leading to sickness and dis-ease.
It is considered a toxic neurotoxin that destroys brain cells in the gut and in the head leading to ALS, dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc. Vinegar reduces to ethanol alcohol in the body leading to stomach, bowel, brain, liver and pancreatic cancer. This is why vinegar from ALL sources (especially from apple and rice) is in my top ten foods NEVER to ingest. Read, share and like the following scientific research article on the toxic effects of this poisonous acidic liquid called vinegar:
2. Fruit is Alkalizing.
Traditional fruit is fructose aka sugar which is acidic. There are two types of food and beverages; alkaline or acidic. This makes life very easy and simple and true health even easier. Sugar aka acid equals illness and disease. There are 7 friendly fruits that either are or have an alkalizing effect on our body; avocados, lemons and limes (both are high is alkaline minerals), colored bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers occasionally grapefruit.
Yes, all those berries, apples, pineapples, mangoes, bananas, grapes etc are all high sugar and acidic. Even though they may tote health benefits, they are 100% acidic with damaging long term side effects. You can get all the benefits without the acidic toxification by eating and drinking green colored veggies.
However, if you are eating traditional fruit eat it in the morning on an empty stomach and 20 minutes away from all other food and beverages. And never mix it with any “healthy” item like yogurt or granola… it’s alcohol poisoning at this point as it begins to ferment and make acetaldehyde from fermenting in your bowel.
3. Mushrooms are healthy for us and are an alkaline veggie.
They are mould and fungus and 100% acidic. Think about how they grow and what they naturally grow out of…. right! NO more mushrooms… medicinal or otherwise.
4. Natural sugars are okay like honey (regurgitated bee saliva) or maple syrup (sap of sugar and water).
Both are sugar and sugar to the body is sugar! Besides maple syrup is full of mould which often is visible in the bottle before it is even opened. It grows in the sap and is still in the syrup once boiled down. I can assure you that after all the years of tapping, boiling, bottling and selling it I have seen my fair share of this. Yes, yummy, natural but 100% acidic and toxic to us.
Sugars are not only known to spike insulin levels, but also to be the most preferable food for cancerous cells, thus promoting their growth.
Cancers seem to have a sweet tooth or sugar is the cancer? This is a known fact that has been around for many years.
The Nobel laureate in medicine, German Otto Warburg, back in 1931, first discovered that tumors and cancers both use sugars to “feed” themselves and/or to increase in size. In order to proliferate, cancer cells seem to prefer feeding on fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS); the reason is that HFCS is being metabolized by cancerous cells most quickly and easily.
Now it is clear why high-fructose corn syrup is considered the worst offender. And since cakes, pies, cookies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, high sugar fruit and many other extremely popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with refined sugars and HFCS in particular, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days.
Just In Case YOU Forgot – Artificial Sweeteners
No, these are no better than sugar. In fact, they’re often worse. Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, neotame, acesulfame potassium, etc. might contain fewer calories, but they can still increase the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, metabolic syndrome and cancer. You may not have noticed but many sugar-free gums contain aspartame, which is considered the most dangerous substance in the world. There are no healthy alternatives to sugar. Ingest it knowing the risk it is an additive drug and will destroy your health and fitness.
5. We need lots of protein.
The average person only needs .8g per 2.2 lbs. of body weight daily, of a healthy digestible usable protein. Heavier workouts and athletes may require more.
Animal proteins are the most acidic source for protein!
A study done over a 10 year period, eating red meat every day, even a small amount, such as that quarter pound hamburger you like to enjoy at lunch, increased a man’s risk of dying from cancer by 22 percent and a woman’s chance by 20 percent. A separate research study has shown that eating a lot of red meat increased the risk of breast, prostate, and colon cancer.
Red meat (animal flesh made from the blood of the animal) seems particularly dangerous when talking about colon cancer. A study done in the US followed almost 150,000 people between the ages of 50 and 74. This study showed that the long term consumption of red meat significantly increased the amount of colon cancer found in the subjects studied.
30 years of research, respectively, has found red meat to increase total mortality rates and cancer mortality rates.
Notes: Results were after controlling for age, weight, alcohol, exercise, smoking, family history, calorie intake, and intake of whole plant foods. Nuts were found to be protective when taken as an alternative protein source.
Greens (chlorophyll) builds healthy blood which builds healthy body cells used for tissue, muscle, organs and bone cells. That means with a green plant based nutritional source, 100 calories of dark leafy greens like kale or spinach has double the protein per 100 calories compared to that of any meat. It makes so much easy to get ample amount when drinking green shakes. Get your greens on and build strong healthy muscle easier, faster and less down/burn time because there is way less acidic build up.
The top 15 foods for advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are all meat sourced with roasted BBQ chicken skin and fried bacon being the top.
Notes: AGEs are gerontotoxins (aka aging toxins). AGEs cause proteins to cross together causing stiffness, oxidation stress, and inflammation in muscles, brain tissue, eyes, heart, bone, red blood cells, and kidneys. Thought to contribute to muscle loss as we age.
47% of U.S. retail meat tested is contaminated with staph (Staphylococcus) bacteria. Multidrug resistant strains were common.
Notes: Turkey was the most common with 77% and chicken and pork with 41% and 42%, respectively. A superbug version (methicillin resistant) was also found of MRSA that can jump from pig to human.
Chicken, Turkey and Duck
The consumption of chicken, turkey and duck is associated with an increase in lymphoma (blood cancer).
Our liver can only detox about 50% of the heterocyclic amines (carcinogens) formed from cooked chicken. Not the originally thought 99% which other animals can.
Notes: The animal that can detox 99% is the lab rat. Thus, the prior incorrect conclusion.
Also the handling of chicken significantly increases the risk of dying from penile (penis) cancer, thought to be due to exposure to cancer causing viruses in poultry.
Fire retardant chemicals (PBDE) and polychlorinated naphthalenes (PCNs) found heavily in turkey and chicken.
Notes: For PBDEs, fish was the worst offender, followed by turkey, and the third worst being chicken. PCNs have a dixion-like effect on the body. The animal with the highest levels was fish. Second was chicken.
Source: Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) levels in an expanded market basket survey of U.S. food and estimated PBDE dietary intake by age and sex. Environ Health Perspect. 2006 Oct;114(10):1515-20.
PhIP stimulates breast cancer cells to invade healthy cells more so than the hormone estrogen itself. Even when PhIP is at low concentrations.
Notes: PhIP is most common in chicken, beef, and fish.
Chicken nuggets from 2 national food chains found actual chicken meat was not the predominant ingredient as fat was found in greater quantities along with epithelium, bone, nerve (brain and spine), and connective tissue.
Bottom-line chickens do not have urinary tract system and are more likely to absorb their urine into their connective tissues. Of course that is what makes them so juicy.
Although fish sounds like one of the healthiest foods possible, farmed salmon is one you should avoid. Unfortunately, more than 60 percent of the salmon consumed in the USA is farm raised.
These fish are fed unnatural acidic diets and are contaminated with chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides, and other known cancerous causing carcinogens. They live in very crowded conditions which results in these fish having 30 times the number of sea lice than wild salmon. Farmed salmon are fed acidic chemicals to make their meat that reddish pink color that should occur naturally but doesn’t because of the acidic diet of chicken litter that they are fed.
Also, due to their acidic diet, they have less of the healthy omega-3 that we think we are getting when we consume fish. Studies have also shown that farmed salmon contain high levels of PCB’s, mercury, and cancer causing dioxins. Avoid farmed salmon and buy only wild sockeye salmon. It is best just to avoid the eating of acidic fish and go with alkalizing fruit and vegetables.
Even when meat consumption is reduced to only fish and eggs, insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) remained relatively the same.
Notes: IGF-1 has been shown to promote cancer growth.
Source: The associations of diet with serum insulin-like growth factor I and its main binding proteins in 292 women meat-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002 Nov;11(11):1441-8.
All types of meat (no matter how it is cooked) increases cancer of the uterus.
Notes: Poultry and fish increased the risk for cancer of the uterus the most.
Processed Meats are ALL Acidic and Cause Cancer!
What exactly are processed highly-acidic meats? This is a long list that includes, but is not limited to, sausages, hot dogs, bacon, most lunch meats like bologna or pimento loaf.
Researchers who wrote in the journal of BMC Medicine said that the excessive salts and chemicals that are used when making processed meats are damaging to your health. The study showed that 1 in every 17 people who were involved in the study died and those who ate 160 grams or more of processed meats increased their risk of early death as much as 44 percent within 12 years as opposed to those who ate 20 grams or less. This study involved people from 10 European countries and went on for almost 13 years.
All these processed meats contain numerous acidic chemicals and preservatives, including sodium nitrates, which make them, look appealing and fresh but are well known cancerous causing carcinogens.
Nitrites in processed meat form nitrosamines (carcinogens also found in cigarette smoke) and are associated with the two leading pediatric cancers, brain tumors and childhood leukemia.
Notes: Hot dogs have some of the highest levels. Pregnant women should probably avoid hot dogs.
Smoking meats seem to be particularly bad as the meat picks up tar from the smoking process. Yes, tar, the same deadly ingredient that cigarette smoke contains!
6. Whey is a healthy protein source.
FALSE – Say NO-Whey to Whey!
Whey is a toxic acid with side effects that cause congestion in our body systems leading to acidic poisoning. Whey is the scum produced from the bubbling foam from making cheese, then skimmed off the top, dried and processed and then packaged and sold as a “protein” supplement. It’s scum for Petes’ sake!
Once again it has been funneled into profits and business at our health risk. All it does is make our blood sick and congested. So all those pre-fab shakes and smoothies are adding to your health issues and concerns. Healthy food has no side effects. It also has no bar code unless it is fresh vegetable and needed to be bagged for the produce department.
7. Eggs are good for us.
Eggs are full of thousands of bacteria and acidic… looks like bugs under a microscope. They are a chicken’s period, a potential little chic.
Eggs according to the Department of Agriculture contain over 38 million microorganisms that may be harmful to the body. Eggs will activate the immune system to clear the toxins from eggs for 3 to 5 hours after ingestion.
A recent question in The New York Times Well blog created some confusion by asking how many eggs you can (or should) eat. The answer was not eggs-actly correct.
Since one egg has the same amount of cholesterol as a Big Mac, it is unnecessary—even detrimental to your health—to consume eggs or egg products. One egg has more cholesterol than your body needs. In fact, any added dietary cholesterol is unnecessary because our bodies already produce more than the amount we require. An excess of cholesterol leads to heart disease, so it’s no surprise that a 2010 study in the Canadian Journal of Cardiology found that those who consume the most eggs have a 19 percent increased risk for cardiovascular problems.
What The New York Times blog fails to explain is that eating an occasional egg might not increase health risks for people already eating a high-fat, high-cholesterol diet—just as smoking an occasional cigar might not increase health risks for people already smoking cigarettes. But if people are already eating a healthful diet without any added dietary cholesterol, eggs can contribute to many problems in addition to heart disease. Recent studies in Atherosclerosis and the International Journal of Cancershow that egg consumption can also cause diabetes and even cancer.
The misperception surrounding the necessity of eggs has even spread to the courtroom. Unilever is suing Hampton Creek Foods for using the term “mayo” in relation to its egg-free Just Mayo condiment. The argument is that “mayonnaise” is defined as an egg-based product. However, removing the egg from mayonnaise also removes the cholesterol, a win-win. The lawsuit seems to be backfiring for Unilever by helping people realize that there are more healthful alternatives to Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
A half an egg a day or more is shown to double the odds of mouth, throat, esophageal, prostate, and bladder cancer; triple the odds of colon and breast cancer.
Notes: May be explained by the dixons present. While banned, levels are still present in our food and seem to be worst in animal products.
No matter what you call it, egg-free is the better option.
For more information about egg consumption and health, read and share our fact sheet:http://www.pcrm.org/pdfs/health/Nutrition-Fact-Sheets/Eggs-fact-sheet.pdf
8. We need dairy for calcium.
Dairy is very dirty and full of thousands of puss cells per liter plus it is liquid sugar and 100% acidic. It contains animal casein which is for building animal hooves and interferes with our human design. It is meant for calves not humans. It is a government business.
By ingesting dairy in all its forms we rob our body of minerals as it tries to buffer the acidic liquid or cream sugar. Our body saves us by purging calcium out of our bones to buffer the acids from it…. thus osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Eat dark leafy greens to get way more calcium and zero negative side effects.
Dairy products, including milk, cheese, ice cream, butter, and yogurt contain the acid lactose that breaks down to lactic acid that leads to sensitivities, inflammation, pain, ulcerations and cancer.
Elderly people given milk as children have triple the risk of colorectal cancer.
Due to the extreme processes that milk goes through and the high amounts of antibiotics, hormones, and genetically-modified substances that cows are continually exposed to, I believe there are real and eminent concerns associated with drinking milk from cows. All cows release toxins through their milk, as milk is a natural exit-portal for substances that the body cannot use.
“Ingredients” Added to Cow’s Milk – Read more on the the dangers of dairy products: http://blog.phoreveryoung.com/2014/11/19/the-dangers-of-drinking-cows-milk-2/
9. “Healthy Chocolate,” organic cocoa/cocao has health benefits and good for us.
Believe me, I wish I could lie on this one but I CANNOT.
It’s Absolutely FALSE! There is no such thing as healthy alkalizing chocolate!
All, yes ALL! Chocolate has two lethal ingredients… theobromine and methobromine and 100% acidic. If any of it is ingested by an animal it can kill them. It does the same to us too. The death is just slower with longs side effects like constipation, spastic bowel, skin irruptions, headaches and such.
There is NO such thing as healthy chocolate!
CHOCOLATE, ACAI, TEA LEAVES, COLA NUT, COCAO AND COCOA MULCH CAN KILL!
If you walk on all fours and have fur or if you walk on two legs and don’t have fur, two caffeine-like ingredients in chocolate, Theobromine (aka xantheose) and Methybromine can kill you and your pet animal if ingested. Not only is Theobromine and Methybromine found in chocolate, it’s also present in acai berries, tea leaves, the cola nut, cacao, and Cocoa Mulch.
Emails about Cocoa Mulch have been circulating around the Internet since 2003, and more frequently since 2007 when Calypso, a three year old Labrador, had a seizure and dropped dead on a walk after ingesting the garden mulch made from cacao bean shells. The same thing is happening to humans!
Hershey’s, the manufacturer of Cocoa Mulch, states that “50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can suffer physical harm to a variety of degrees…98% of all dogs won’t eat it.”
Robert O. Young, Director of Research at the pH Miracle Living Center, “chocolate, acai, cola nut, cacao and cocoa are all highly acidic and their poisonous acids will kill animals quickly and humans slowly. Unfortunately many of these acidic foods are being sold as health foods for the body as antioxidants. Chocolate, acai, cola nut, cocao and cocoa are not antioxidants but highly acidic oxidants that when ingested will steal electron energy from the body and use up stored alkaline buffers. This can then lead to sickness, dis-ease and many so-called diseases in animals and humans. My best advice is to never eat these so-called foods. They are not foods and especially not health foods. They are poison to the body of all animals and humans.”
Since there are many other brands of garden mulch, if you have a dog, the best choice to another brand that is free of cocoa.
In the worse case scenario, here is some information that will help determine what action should be taken if your dog or cat or child eats chocolate. The higher the cocoa content the more toxic it becomes.
• 1 ounce of Milk Chocolate is toxic per 1 pound of body weight
• 1 ounce of Semisweet Chocolate is toxic per 3 pounds of body weight
• 1 ounce of Baker’s Chocolate is toxic per 9 pounds of body weight
For example, 2 ounces of Baker’s Chocolate can put your 15 pound dog or baby at great risk, while 2 ounces of Milk Chocolate will usually cause simple digestive problems.
The clinical signs of chocolate, acai berries, tea leaves, cola nut, cocao and cocoa toxicity are:
Increased heart rate
“The acid sugar combined with the acids Theobromine and Methylbromine found in chocolate and cocao are a deadly combination. Why risk YOUR health and the life of your animal or even your child.
10. Nuts and seeds are good for us.
TRUE and FALSE
All food needs to be liquefied before it goes into our small intestinal tract. Nuts and seeds NEVER liquefy and become lodged in our bowel to fester and irritate us thus compromising our gut health.
Nuts carry mould, mildew and bacteria in the air space between the skin and the shell. Almonds have the least amount of space and therefore less opportunity to be contaminated. Still drink your nuts… as in almond milk. Best to make your own fresh but if you buy make sure it has fewest ingredients and no carrageenan.
Even peanut butter is NOT healthy!
Peanuts, peanut oil, peanut butter and cashew nuts contain twenty-six different mycotoxin-producing fungi. On top of that, broken and ground nuts (of any kind) are ready targets for airborne mold spores and quickly become rancid. You can see it on the nuts as a dark or black discoloring. Contamination occurs during the growing process because the plants themselves are not resistant. Humans who eventually ingest them are also eating the fungi and their toxic waste, inoculating their digestive tracts with negative microforms. On top of that, broken and ground nuts (of any kind) are ready targets for airborne mold spores and quickly become rancid.
You can see it on the nuts as a dark or black discoloring. Research has linked corn consumption with cancers of the esophagus and stomach, and peanuts, including peanut butter with pancreatic and liver “cancer”. Cashew nuts and dried coconut are similarly contaminated, and should also be avoided.
For more information on the acidity of peanuts go to: http://blog.phoreveryoung.com/2013/09/30/reversing-sensitivities-allergies-inflammation-pain-and-even-cancer-can-be-as-simple-as-giving-up-peanuts-peanut-oil-and-peanut-butter/
11. Gluten is the culprit and dangerous for us.
TRUE and FALSE
Yes…. it makes a glue like substance inside of us like paper mache. In fact any flour mixed with water makes a glue like substance. But there is so much more to it.
It’s all grains especially stored grains. They are 100% acidic. Just like graining a horse causes colic, ulcers and can flip their stomach; it creates harm to us too! Grains congest our bowel, increases our sugar load and upsets our delicate pH.
In addition, ALL grains contain the pesticide poison glyphosate (unless organic) which is held in the gluten like a sponge and the released into your body causing acute flaccid myelitis (polio), Zika (birth defects), paralysis, dementia. ALS, autism, AIDS, CMV, liver disease, kidney disease, bowel disease, diabetes, just to name a few of the 1000’s of illnesses this poison causes.
The few exceptions occasionally would be quinoa (actually a seed), wild rice or basmati brown rice, buckwheat and only in small servings. Then there are sprouted grains, still acidic in bread form. And different from fresh sprouts which are healthy alkaline greens, ONLY if they are grown and cared for properly. Otherwise they can collect mould and mildew fairly quickly if not attended to in a timely fashion.
12. Coffee is healthy for us.
It is 100% liquid acid that stresses out our body especially our liver and kidneys. It robs our fluids, tissues, organs and bones of alkaline minerals cause unlimited health concerns ulcers, acid reflux, headaches, synapses corrosion, poor eye sight and more.
Coffee – A Cup of Cancer
Coffee contains over 1000 chemicals of which only 22 have been studied leaving 978 left to study. All of the chemicals studied to date have been found to be carcinogentic. So next time to pick up that cup of coffee think of it as your cup of cancer.
Here are 23 good reasons to NEVER drink another cup of CANCER: https://phoreveryoung.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=154&action=edit
13. Tea is better than coffee.
Dried tea leaves have mould in them from the drying process and are 100% liquid acid affecting the same body parts as coffee. And yes, macha green tea is acidic too as is kombucha (fermented tea). Best to make fresh teas from lemons, limes and fresh green herbs.
Black and Green Tea
Does drinking green tea really help prevent or cure cancer? The answer is still NO, according to a review of 51 previous studies done over two decades.
The review, published online in The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, found that green tea may offer some help against liver cancer, breast cancer and, in men, prostate cancer, but consumption may actually increase one’s chances of developing urinary bladder cancer. Conflicting evidence was found in the case of gastrointestinal (esophagus, colon or pancreas) cancers, though the authors noted “limited moderate to strong evidence” of green tea protecting against lung, pancreatic and colorectal cancer.”
According to Robert O. Young PhD, Director of Research at the pH Miracle Living Center, “green tea is acidic and will contribute to the dietary acid and metabolic loads in the tissue causing a cancerous condition or making a cancerous condition worse.”
“Despite the large number of included studies, the jury still seems to be out on the question of whether green tea can in fact prevent the development of various cancer types,” lead review author Katja Boehm, a member of the Unconventional and Complementary Methods in Oncology Study Group in Nuremburg, Germany, said in a news release issued by the journal’s publisher, The Cochrane Collaboration.
The researchers reviewed studies involving more than 1.6 million people in Asia, where green tea consumption is a regular habit. Boehm said that variables in how much green tea people drink and how different cancers grow makes it difficult to find a conclusive relationship about whether green tea helps prevent cancer.
Dr. Young states, “cancer is not a cell but a liquid acid from diet, environment and/or metabolism that breaks down cell via fermentation. To drink acidic drinks like coffee,alcohol or tea, including green tea will only increase tissue acidosis leading to all cancerous conditions. The best advise I can give to prevent any cancerous condition is to eliminate all contributing acidic foods and drinks, including black and green tea.”
14. Too much water is harmful.
Our body uses water to keep us internally flowing and clean. What we don’t need gets discarded. However the water does need to be alkaline otherwise we are adding more liquid acidity to our bodies and not benefitting the way we could be thriving.
15. Pro-biotic, pre-biotic and digestive enzymes help us and improve our health. BIG
These three are 100% acidic. They act like Pac Man and go into our gut to help clean it up from build-up stuck food that is 100% acidic anyways, by eating the chronic impacted bowel. However, when they are done eating the waste they continue to eat us… our tissue from the inside out. It leads to bowel issues and eventually causing long term harmful side effects. It is a dangerous way to get short term relief with long term health issues.
Now how about those “friendly flora” aka bacteria, that everyone natters about. Yes, they are 100% acidic and are only present when the bowel is congested. It’s our system breaking down internally to save itself. It knows what to do to keep us healthy but when we fill it full of acidic trash it can’t keep up and goes into holding, fermenting and bloating mode.
No need for more “friendly flora” aka bacteria to add to the “clutter”. It’s kind of like stuffing an already filthy full closest with more junk and we all know that one day that closet is going to need to be cleaned out if we want to continue using it.
So, clean it out properly the first time; do a liquid green feast for 3-10 days allowing your body to come back to harmony. This may be required a few times. You know, like the initial clean and then the revamp and organization phase of a closet.
Did you know that even aloe vera juice/gel is a “natural digestive enzyme” and if over done can create long term issues in our bowel. The answer is to stop putting the acidic toxic food in, chew your food well and drink green juice, intake healthy oils and water to keep the bowel clean and healthy. Remember, a healthy bowel moves 3 to 5 times daily.
16. Antibiotics get rid of illness.
TRUE and FALSE
Antibiotics are 100% acidic and are anti or against life! When they enter our body they shock your alkaline buffering system at an alarming rate. Kind of like adding bleach to shock a dirty pool to clear it up! What happens is because of an over load of chemical acidity from the medication our body is forced to once again rob our tissues, muscles, organs and bones of our very own minerals (sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium) to encapsulate the acidic illness, usher it out one of our five channels of elimination (bowels, urine, breathe, lymphatics or glymphatics) and restore harmony back to our body.
It’s short term relief with long term side effects once again. When really all we need to do it boost our own system with electron rich alkaline foods and beverages and return to vibrancy.
17. Salt is bad for you.
TRUE AND FALSE
Typical table salt is processed, bleached, toxic and dangerous for our health. Coloured sea salt is low in sodium and high in minerals.
Every one of our systems relies on the electrical potential of salt so that we can be healthy. Our body’s pH affects every single system in our body. Our pH for all our fluids, tissues and organs are alkaline aka salty. If sea salt was bad for us the ocean would die and so would all the creatures including us (fyi the ocean pH needs to be 8.3 and it has slid to 8.2) Sea salt is life. I use pHorever Young pHlavor Sea Salt from the Great Salt Lake.
FYI… craving sugar is our body’s way of showing us it needs sustainable energy… SALT. Eat healthy colored sea salt, lose the sugar cravings and improve your health at the same time. Here is the simple equations of life… Salt is Sol. Sol is Soul. Soul is Energy. Energy is Life. Life is Salt!
18. Healthy Oils…. it is good to cook with oils.
After reading Fats that Heal and Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus, I will never put any oil in a pan again. When you heat oils past 112° they turn rancid and are in no way healthy in that state. One exception is coconut oil which can be heated to 176° before it is altered (from The Miracle of Coconut oil by Bruce Fife) Still NEVER heat an oil. Use water in a pan and lightly steam the food and then top it with a healthy oil when on your plate.
Without professional temperature control you cannot tell if the oil turn toxic. Healthy fats are necessary for optimal health, not all fats are bad not even all saturated fats are bad, for example Coconut oil is a saturated fat but it is a medium chain fatty acid and most all saturated fats are long chain fatty acids and long chain fatty acids are not good quality fats.
Remember all coconut products are now pasteurized in North America so maybe not the best food source. I do use it for oil pulling in my mouth after I brush my teeth and then spit it out. Fats help the body stockpile certain nutrients as well. The so-called “fat-soluble” vitamins—A, D, E and K.
FYI olive oil and avocados are full of vitamin K, necessary for building our fibrin net protein in our blood and giving it strength. Healthy oils are needed to develop cell membrane walls (the brain of all cells says cellular biologist, Dr. Bruce Lipton), to nature and support brain function, our nervous system, blood cell production, for glowing supple skin, bowel movements and emotions well being. We require 1/3 cup (5 tbls. of healthy oils daily) amd I male sire to include an 2 tsp of a healthy 3/6/9 oil as well!
Bottled Salad Dressings are All Toxic
Bottled salad dressings are full of sugar, artificial colors, and high fructose corn syrup. Once you drown your salad in this nutritional disaster, you might as well eat a bag of potato chips or a hot dog instead. Drop the bottled salad dressings, and use lemon juice along with some cold-pressed organic olive or avocado oil for a healthy salad dressing. I would also suggest adding liberal amounts of Real Salt or Himalayan Salt to add taste and alkalinity.
Once again, marketing is to blame for the BIG misconceptions about margarine. It’s not healthy, people! It’s one of the unhealthiest foods in your diet. So cut it out! Margarine is like a very acidic version of butter that’s made with hydrogenated vegetable oils and it’s more unnatural than you think. It’s pure chemistry. So what’s so bad about it? It’s the trans fats that can damage your heart, blood vessels, mess up your cholesterol levels and set the stage for a cancerous condition. Switch to cold-pressed organic oils like olive, hemp or flax for a healthier alternative. Just please avoid margarine!
19. A Drink of Alcohol Daily is Healthy for YOU.
An American study that followed the diet and lifestyles of more than 200,000 women for almost 14 years found that postmenopausal women who drank one drink per day or less had an almost 30 percent increase in breast cancer rates compared to women who did not drink at all.
Alcohol use is the second leading cause of cancer, right behind tobacco use. While a moderate or low consumption of alcohol can be healthy and lead to a reduced risk of heart disease, excessive drinking is known to cause heart failure, stroke, and sudden death. In 2007, experts working for the World Health Organizations International Agency for Research on Cancer looked at the scientific evidence regarding cancer and alcohol use from 27 different studies. They found sufficient evidence to state that excessive alcohol use is the main cause of mouth, esophagus, liver, colon, mouth, rectum, and female breast cancers.
20. Alkalinity helps improves health, reverses illness and disease and improves your sex drive.
TRUE TRUE TRUE!
We are alkaline by design and acidic by our bodily functions.
When we keep our 5 channels of elimination (bowels, urine, lymphatics, glymphatics and breathe) clean, clear and open we eliminate acidic build up. There is only one disease; over acidification of our fluids, tissues, muscles, organs and bones. Even sexual dysfunction is a build up of acidity.
21. Can thoughts, feelings and emotions affect our pH?
They release metabolic acid. In fact they can release 2-3x more acid than a food or beverage. Their preferred way to exit the body is out through the connective and lympathic system.
If not eliminated properly they can damage our organs if it becomes chronic… fear weakens the stomach, anger weakens the liver, grief weakens the lungs, pissed offness weakens the kidneys and heart break weakens the heart. On the other hand love, peace and joy strengthen our body parts and immune system! So manage yourself well. It’s a lifestyle and not solely about nutrition.
You see we are alkaline by design and when we tend to that and nourish it, we flourish. We are acidic by function and when we take care of our five channels of elimination and discard our metabolic acid waste from functioning, we flourish in health and vitality.
It is quite simple; put alkalinity in and keep our systems flowing with lots of water and healthy oils so all of our systems get flushed out daily! We are what we ingest.
22. Diet Anything or Die-it Anything is Healthy.
Diet foods, including frozen foods, or prepackaged foods labeled as “diet” or “low fat”, including diet sodas, generally contain aspartame, which is a chemical, artificial sweetener that we talk about in detail above. There are numerous studies showing that aspartame causes many diseases and sicknesses such as cancers, birth defects, and heart problems.
All “diet” food is chemically processed and made from super refined ingredients, excessive sodium levels, as well as artificial colors and flavors to make it taste good. Don’t ever forget, artificial anything is NOT real food! Although the FDA says that all these added chemicals are safe to eat, you might want to take their advice with a grain of salt. After all, don’t they also tell you that sugar and vegetable oils are safe to eat? (Not to mention GMO’s and fast food!)
There have been many studies that show that these additives, for some people, can actually be addicting. They feed that “feel good” part in your brain, similar to cocaine! Well, that actually makes sense because if you become addicted to these foods, the companies making them are certain to score a lot of money, aren’t they?
Be smart and eat nature’s own, natural “diet” food; alkalizing fruit and vegetables! (Organic, of course!)
23. Artificial Sweeteners are Safe!
Most people use artificial sweeteners to either lose weight or because they are diabetic and must avoid sugar. The main problem in all this is that there are numerous studies that show people who consume artificial sweeteners on a regular basis, such as in sodas, or coffee sweeteners, actually gain weight. It also does little or nothing to help those with diabetes.
In fact, artificial sweeteners actually make it even more difficult to control their blood sugar levels and worsen conditions that are related to diabetes such as cataracts and gastro paresis. Sometimes aspartame has been found to cause convulsions, which some people will mistake for an insulin reaction.
Not to mention that artificial sweeteners inhibit your body’s ability to monitor its daily calorie consumption and make the body crave even more sweets. Well, we’ve already discussed how refined sugars can cause cancer.
There is mounting evidence that the chemicals that make up these sweeteners, especially aspartame, break down in the body into a deadly toxin called DKP. When your stomach processes this chemical, it in turn produces chemicals that can cause cancer, especially brain tumors.
24. Genetically Modified Foods or GMO’s are Safe.
Genetically modified organisms, more commonly called GMO’s, are foods that have been modified by chemicals, animal or insect genes and grown with chemicals.
In a study done by Dr. Pusztai at the Rowett Institute in Scotland, rats were fed GMO foods, especially potatoes. ALL rats showed damaged immune systems, pre-cancerous cell growths, along with smaller brains and livers, in just the first 10 days of the project. American consumers believe that the FDA has approved these GMO foods and this is simply not the case.
The FDA has NO testing procedures for GMO foods, NONE. The only human study ever published showed that those foreign genes that are present in GM food transfer to the DNA in the bacteria in our digestive systems. We, the American consumer, are the guinea pig (or rat) in this case. Unfortunately, almost all grains, including soybeans, wheat, and corn, have been grown via GMO’s.
Currently GMO’s do not have to be listed on food labels, so read carefully and look for labels that state the food is GMO free.
The best way to be safe from Frankenstienian food is only buy organic and then you know you are ingesting non-GMO food or beverages.
25. Canned Foods and especially Canned Tomatoes, Peaches, Pears, Beans, Corn, and Peas are Good Sources of Alkaline Vegetables and Fruit.
Most canned foods are a concern because of what the can is lined with. The lining of almost all canned foods are made with a chemical called bisphenol-A, or BPA.
A study published in May of 2013 by the Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences showed that BPA actually affects the way genes work inside the brain of rats. Even the FDA agrees that there is a problem with BPA as it is supporting efforts to either replace or at the very least, to minimize the amounts found in canned foods. You know it must be bad when even the very lax FDA is concerned!
Tomatoes are exceptionally dangerous due to their high acidity when canned, which seems to cause BPA to leech from the lining of the can into the tomatoes themselves. The level of BPA can be so high in fact; you should seriously consider not feeding them to children. Due to FDA laws, there are no standards for labeling BPA so simply because a can does not say it has it does not mean that it does not contain BPA. Be safe and avoid cans. Only ingest fresh organic non-GMO fruit and vegetables and never from a can.
26. Eating Non-organic fruit and vegetables is OK for improving health and fitness.
Fruit and vegetables that are non-organic are contaminated with some very dangerous acidic pesticides such as atrazine, thiodicarb, and organophosphates, as well as high nitrogen fertilizers.
Atrazine is banned in European countries but still used here. This is a weed killer that causes severe problems in humans, especially in our reproductive capabilities.
A 2009 study found that when pregnant women drank water contaminated with atrazine, their babies had reduced body weights. Were you aware that the sewage from cities in the USA (nicely called bio solids) is used in the fields of farms in the USA as a form of fertilizer? You will never find organic food being cultivated in composted human sewage waste!
Conventional foods are also subjected to an enormous amount of these types’ of acidic chemicals as well as acidic hormones, to make the fruit and veggies grow bigger. Apples are probably the worst offenders with pesticides showing on more than 98 per cent of all apples tested. Fruit with a 90 per cent positive rate of pesticide residue included oranges, strawberries, and grapes.
Washing fruit and vegetables does not remove 100 per cent of the residue. Pesticides are toxic acidic chemicals to insects as well as human beings.
27. Corn and All Corn Related Products are Alkalizing.
Those little bags of popcorn are so convenient to just stick in the microwave, you wouldn’t think for a minute that they could be dangerous to your health, but they are, ncluding the radiation from the microwave.
First, let’s talk about the bag itself. Conventional microwave popcorn bags are lined with an acidic chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid ( PFOA). This is a toxin you can find in Teflon also. According to a recent study at the University of California, PFOA is linked to infertility in women. Numerous studies in lab animals and humans show that exposure to PFOA significantly increases the risk of kidney, bladder, liver, pancreas and testicular cancers. You can read more about this substance and the above mentioned studies at cancer.org.
Although every manufacturer uses slightly different ingredients, most of them use soybean oil (a GMO product) as well as various preservatives such as propyl gallate, an acidic chemical that is causes stomach inflammation and skin rashes. Now they don’t actually say they are using GMO corn kernels, but that’s because the government says they don’t have to. Even if they don’t use GMO corn, you can bet they aren’t using organic corn!
Also, applied to the popcorn itself, is a chemical called diacetyl. Use of this acidic chemical caused Conagra Foods to remove it from their brand of popcorn, ACT, because it was causing lung diseases in the workers at their factory.
28. Potato and Potato Chips are Alkalizing Health Foods.
Potato chips are cheap, great tasting, quick snack, however, the negative acidic effects they have on your body may not be worth the little bit of pleasure you derive from these crispy snacks.
Potato chips are high in both fat and acidic chemicals, which are sure to bring on weight gain. A study done in the New England Journal of medicine found that eating just 1 once of potato chips per day caused an average 2 pound weight gain in one year. Besides being full of trans-fats which can cause an increase in LDL cholesterol in most people, they have excessive processed sodium levels which, for many people, will indirectly cause increased blood pressure. Increased amounts of natural unprocessed salt will not increase blood pressure.
Potato chips have artificial flavors, numerous preservatives, and colors as well, which is something else your body doesn’t need. Potato chips are fried in high temperatures to make them crispy but this also causes them to make a material called acrylamide, a known cancerous causing carcinogen that is also found in cigarettes.
It’s hard to say no to your kids demands for potato chips, therefore, as a sneaky alternative, buy them dehydrated organic veggie chips which are a healthy alkalizing alternative.
29. Foods that are fermented, pickled, or smoked help digestion.
Foods that are cured by use of acidic nitrates or nitrites act as preservatives as well as adding color to the meat. Although nitrates do not cause cancer in and of themselves, under certain conditions these chemicals change once they are inside the body into N-nitroso composites. It’s this N-nitroso that is associated with a greater increase the risk of developing an acidic cancerous condition.
Smoking foods such as meat or nuts causes these food items to absorb considerable amounts of the tar that smoke produces. Tar is a known carcinogen. Meats such as bacon, sausage, bologna, and salami are high in fat and processed salt. Pickled foods are also very high in salts.
There is overwhelming evidence that eating these types of foods greatly increases the risk of colorectal cancer and higher rates of stomach cancer. The rates of stomach cancer are much greater in places such as Japan where a traditional acidic diet contains many foods that are high in fermented foods such as soy sauce, and/or smoked.
Processed meat is greatly associated with stomach, colon, rectum, pancreatic, lung, prostate, testicular, kidney, and bladder cancer.
30. Soda Water, Soda Pop and Sport Drinks improve energy and digestion.
False, False and False!
Perhaps you heard about the recent study that was published in May in the American Journal of Nutrition? It found that people who consumed more than one soda per day had a higher risk of stroke than people who did not drink sodas.
Loaded with sugar, sodas are an empty source of calories that cause weight gain and contribute to the nationwide epidemic of obesity. Drinking large amounts of this rapidly digested sugar causes your blood sugar to spike which can lead to both inflammation and insulin resistance. Soda is often the root cause of gastro-esophageal reflux disease, which is when the contents of the stomach leak into the esophagus causing not only pain but an actual burning of the esophagus from stomach acid.
Although sodas are not a direct cause of ulcers, they are known to irritate and make those with ulcers have more pain. Sodas also contain artificial colorings and food chemicals like derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI); no wonder soda pop has been shown to cause cancer.
Here is the link to view Dr. Young’s latest experiment on cola drinks, coffee, beer and alkaline water:
31. Commercial Fruit Juices are OK to drink when fresh juices are NOT available.
Don’t believe the big flashy labels that say 100% fruit. Most of the time, the secret is in the fine print. Commercial fruit juice often contains added sugar, coloring, preservatives, and it can lose its nutrients during pasteurization. Your best bet is finding a trusted local organic juice bar or making your own alkaline fruit and vegetable juices at home. You can also use iJuice powders which are have only traces of sugar which is less than 1 gram per serving – http://www.ijuicenow.com I would go for the latter. Have some fun and explore new tastes of iJuice organic juices.
32. Granola Type Breakfast Cereals are a good breakfast and are alkalizing and healthy.
Once again, I blame it on the marketing. Breakfast cereals aren’t harmless as their happy cheerful colors and toys inside the box might suggest. They actually contain cancer-causing sugar, artificial coloring, preservatives, GMO products, and they’re often stripped of the nutrients they had before processing. Try quinoa with some avocado and Real Salt instead. It tastes great, and it’s actually good for you.
33. Wheat is the staff of life!
Wheat contains a carbohydrate that suddenly and greatly increases your blood sugar levels. This triggers high insulin production and acidic weight gain. Over time, your pancreas will become overworked and you’ll become insulin resistant, and then you can end up with diabetes and/or cancer. And high blood sugar levels trigger the production of compounds that speed up the aging process and give you wrinkled skin. So you’ll age faster and be prone to diabetes, which in itself is a big issue.
34. All Energy Bars are alkalizing and healthy.
False with no exception!
All so-called energy bars might be perceived by many athletes who are looking for a quick acidic fix or burst of pseudo energy, but hopefully that’s not you! Try to resist these highly acidic artificial energy bombs. Energy bars contain a lot of sugar, they are high in fructose corn syrup (major cause of cancer), preservatives, and can contain trans-fats. So, energy bars are candy and are full of ACID in the form of sugar, and artificial ingredients. In other words, it’s a ticking time bomb that steals energy from your body and sets the stage for serious injury to your major organs.
35. Hydrogenated oils are safe and can be used when cooking
Let’s start from the point that all hydrogenated oils are vegetable oils. Vegetable oils cannot be extracted naturally like butter is, vegetable oils must be chemically removed from their source, and then they are changed to be more acceptable to consumers. They are frequently deodorized and colored to look appealing.
All vegetable oils contain high levels of Omega–6 fatty acids. An excess of Omega- 6 fatty acids may cause health problems, such as heart disease and in increase in various cancers, especially skin cancer. You need a good balance of both Omega 3 and Omega 6. Try to get plenty of Omega 3 every day from hemp and flax. You can do this in the form of supplements and also non-GMO fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel are a very good source of Omega 3.
Hydrogenated oils are used to preserve processed foods and keep them looking appealing for a long as possible. Hydrogenated oils influence our cell membranes’ structure and flexibility, which is linked to cancer.
(If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our blog at: http://www.phoreveryoung.wordpress.com or our free newsletter at: http://www.phmiracle.com for breaking health news alerts on GMO’s, fluoride, superfoods, natural self-cures and more… You privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time.)
36. And NOW for the Biggest Myth of ALL – The Stomach is Acidic and Digests the Food We Ingest.
Read, listen, learn and understand the science of the stomach’s true functionality!
The following scientific discourse are twenty-five important points to understand concerning the the real purpose of the stomach, the physiology of digestion, the creation of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach lining, the ingestion of protein, dairy, cheese and sugar in any form and how acid/alkaline biochemistry, physiology, and anatomy relate to health, sickness, and disease.
Unfortunately, contemporary medical doctors and scientists as well as alternative health practitioners and lay people DO NOT understand how acid/base are created in the body and the onset of latent tissue acidosis in the colloidal connective tissue or the “Schade”. Welcome to the 21st century and Dr. Young’s “New Biology.”
How is acid/base created in the body?
1) The parietal or cover cells of the stomach split the sodium chloride of the blood. The sodium is used to bind with water and carbon dioxide to form the alkaline salt, sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3. The biochemistry is: H20 + CO2 + NaCl = NaHCO3 + HCL. This is why a call the stomach an alkalizing organ NOT an organ of digestion. The stomach DOES NOT digest the food or liquids you ingest it alkalizes the food and liquid you ingest.
2) For each molecule of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) made, a molecule of hydrochloric acid (HCL) is made and secreted into the so-called digestive system – specifically, the stomach (the gastric pits in the stomach) – to be eliminated. Therefore HCL is an acidic waste product of sodium bicarbonate created by the stomach to alkalize the food and liquids ingested.
3) The chloride ion from the sodium chloride (salt) binds to an acid or proton forming HCL as a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production. HCL has a pH of 1 and is highly toxic to the body and the cause of indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers and cancer.
4) When large amounts of acids, including HCL, enter the stomach from a rich animal protein or dairy product meal, such as meat and cheese, acid is withdrawn from the acid-base household. The organism would die if the resulting alkalosis – or NaHCO3 (base flood) or base surplus – created by the stomach was not taken up by the alkalophile glands that need these quick bases in order to build up their strong sodium bicarbonate secretions. These glands and organs are the stomach, pancreas, Brunner’s glands (between the pylorus and the junctions of the bile and pancreatic ducts), Lieberkuhn’s glands in the liver and its bile with its strong acid binding capabilities which it has to release on the highly acidic meat and cheese to buffer its strong acids of nitric, sulphuric, phosphoric, uric and lactic acids.
5) When a rich animal protein and dairy product meal is ingested, the stomach begins to manufacture and secrete sodium bicarbonate (NHCO3) to alkalize the acids from the food ingested. This causes a loss in the alkaline reserves and an increase in acid and/or HCL found in the gastric pits of the stomach. These acids and/or HCL are taken up by the blood which lowers blood plasma pH. The blood eliminates this increase in gastrointestinal acid by throwing it off into the Pishinger’s spaces.
6) The space enclosed by these finer and finer fibers is called the Pishinger’s space, or the extracellular space that contains the fluids that bath and feed each and every cell while carrying away the acidic waste from those same cells. There is no mention of this organ in American physiology text books. There is mention of the extracellular space but not of any organ that stores acids from metabolism and diet, like the kidney. I call this organ the “pre-kidney” because it stores metabolic and gastrointestinal acids until they can be buffered and eliminated via the skin, urinary tract, or bowels.
7) After a rich animal protein or dairy product meal, the urine pH becomes alkaline. The ingestion of meat and cheese causes a reaction in acidic fashion in the organism by the production of sulfuric, phosporhoric, nitric, uric, lactic, acetylaldehyde and ethanol acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of base in the urine. Therefore eating meat and cheese causes a double loss of bases leading to tissue acidosis and eventual disease, especially inflammation and degenerative diseases.
8) During heavy exercise, if the the resulting lactic acid was not adsorbed by the collagen fibers, the specific acid catchers of the body, the organism would die. The total collection of these fibers is the largest organ of the body called SCHADE, the colloidal connective tissue organ. NO liquid exchange occurs between the blood and the parenchyma cells, or in reverse, unless it passes through this connective tissue organ. This organ connects and holds everything in our bodies in place. This organ is composed of ligaments, tendons, sinew, and the finer fibers that become the scaffolding that holds every single cell in our bodies in place. When acids are stored in this organ, which includes the muscles, inflammation and pain develop. The production of lactic acid is increased with the ingestion of milk, cheese, yogurt, butter and especially ice cream.
That is why I have stated, “acid is pain and pain is acid.” You cannot have one without the other. This is the beginning of latent tissue acidosis leading to irritation, inflammation and degeneration of the cells, tissues and organs.
9) The more acidity created from eating meat, cheese, milk or ice cream the more gastrointestinal acids are adsorbed into the the collagen fibers to be neutralized and the less sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 that is taken up by the alkalophile glands. The larger the potential difference between the adsorbed acids and the amount of NaHCO3 generated with each meal, the more or less alkaline are the alkalophile glands like the pancreas, gallbladder, pylorus glands, blood, etc. The acid binding power of the connective tissue, the blood, and the alkalophile glands depends on its alkali reserve, which can be determined through blood, urine, and saliva pH, including live and dried blood analysis as taught by Dr. Robert O. Young. The saliva pH is an indication of alkali reserves in the alkalophile glands and the urine pH is an indication of the pH of the fluids that surround the cells or the Pishinger’s space.
10) The iso-structure of the blood maintains the pH of the blood by pushing off gastrointestinal or metabolic acids into the connective tissue or the Pishinger’s space. The blood gives to the urine the same amount of acid that it receives from the tissues and liver so it can retain its iso-form. A base deficiency is always related to the deterioration of the deposit ability of the connective tissues or the Pishinger’s space. As long as the iso-structure of the blood is maintained, the urine – which originates from the blood – remains a faithful reflected image of the acid-base regulation, not of the blood, but of the tissues. The urine therefore is an excretion product of the tissues, not the blood. So when you are testing the pH of the urine, you are testing the pH of the tissues.
11) A latent “acidosis” is the condition that exists when there are not enough bases in the alkalophile glands because they have been used up in the process of neutralizing the acids adsorbed to the collagen fibers. This leads to compensated “acidosis.” This means the blood pH has not changed but other body systems have changed. This can then lead to decompensated “acidosis” where the alkaline reserves of the blood are used up and the pH of the blood is altered. Decompensated “acidosis” can be determined by testing the blood pH, urine pH and the saliva pH. The decrease in the alkaline reserves in the body occurs because of hyper-proteinization, (eating Meat and Cheese!)or too much protein, and hyper-carbonization, or too much sugar. This is why 80 to 90 year old folks are all shrunk up and look like prunes. They have very little or no alkaline reserves in their alkalophile glands. When all the alkaline minerals are gone, so are you and your battery runs down. The charge of your cellular battery can be measured by testing the ORP or the oxidative reduction potential of the blood, urine or saliva using an ORP meter. As you become more acidic this energy potential or ORP increases.
12) If there is not enough base left over after meat and cheese or surgary meal, or enough base to neutralize and clear the acids stored in the connective tissues, a relative base deficiency develops which leads to latent tissue acidosis. When this happens the liver and pancreas are deficient of adequate alkaline juices to ensure proper alkalization of the food in your stomach and small intestine.
13) Digestion or alkalization cannot proceed without enough of these alkaline juices for the liver and pancreas, etc., and so the stomach has to produce more acid in order to make enough base, ad nauseam, and one can develop indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, GERD, ulcers, esophageal cancer and stomach cancer. All of these symptoms are not the result of too much acid or HCL in the stomach. On the contrary, it is the result of too little base in the form of sodium bicarbonate!
14) Therefore the stomach is NOT an organ of digestion as currently taught in ALL biology and medical texts, BUT an organ of contribution or deposit. It’s function is to deposit alkaline juices to the stomach to alkalize the food and to the blood to carry to the alklophile glands!!!!
15) There is a daily rhythm to this acid base ebb and flow of the fluids of the body. The stored acids are mobilized from the connective tissues and Pishinger’s spaces while we sleep.
These acids reach their maximum (base tide) concentration in this fluid, and thereby the urine (around 2 a.m. is the most acidic). The acid content of the urine directly reflects the acid content of the fluid in the Pishinger’s spaces, the extracellular fluid compartments of the body. On the other hand, the Pishinger’s spaces become most alkaline around 2 p.m. (the base flood) as then the most sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is being generated by the cover cells of the stomach to alkalize the food and drink we have ingested.
16) If your urine is not alkaline by 2 p.m. you are definitely in an ACIDIC condition and lacking in alkaline reserves. The pH of the urine should run between 6.8 and 8.4 but ideally 7.2 or greater.
17) After a high protein meal or meat or cheese, the free acids formed such as sulfuric, phosphoric, uric, and nitric acids stick to the collagen fibers to remove them from the blood and protect the delicate pH of the blood at 7.365. The H+ or proton ions from these acids are neutralized by the next base flood, the sodium bicarbonate produced after the meal. The H+ or proton ion combines with the carbonate or HCO3, converts to carbonic acid, H2CO3, which converts to CO2 and H2O. The sulfuric and other acids from proteins are neutralized as follows where the HR represents any acid with the R as its acid radical (SO4, PO4, or NO3) HR + NaHCO3 <=> H2O + NaR (Ca, Mg, K)+ CO2.
18) Medical doctors and savants are not taught in medical school and therefore do not understand or recognize latent tissue acidosis. They understand and recognize compensated acidosis and decompensated acidosis. In compensated acidosis, breathing increases in order to blow off more carbonic acid which decreases PCO2 because of the lowered carbonate or HCO3. When the breathing rate can no longer get any faster and when the kidneys can no longer increase its’ function to keep up with the acid load, then the blood pH starts to change from a pH of 7.365 to 7.3 then to 7.2. At a blood pH of 6.95 the heart relaxes and the client goes into a coma or dies.
19) Metabolism of a normal adult diet results in the generation of 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton per day, which must be excreted if the urine acid-base balance is to be maintained. A meq is a milliequivalent which is an expression of concentration of substance per liter of solution, calculated by dividing the concentration in milligrams per 100 milliliters by the molecular weight. This process involves two basis steps; 1) the reabsorption of the filtered sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 and, 2) excretion of the 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton produced each day by the formation of titratable acidity and NH4+ or ammonium. Both steps involve H+ or proton secretion from the cells of the kidney into the urine.
20) Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) must be reabsorbed into the blood stream, since the loss of NaHCO3 will increase the net acid load and lower the plasma NaHCO3 concentration. The loss of NaHCO3 in the urine is equivalent to the addition of H+ to the body since both are derived from the dissociation of H2CO3 or carbonic acid.
21) The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+. The normal subject must reabsorb 4300 meq of NaHCO3 each day! The secreted H+ or proton ions are generated within the kidney cells from the dissociation of H2O or water. This process also results in the equimolar production OH- or hydroxyl ions. The OH- ions bind to the active zinc-containing site of the intracellular carbonic anhydrase; they then combine with CO2 to form HCO3- ions which are released back into the kidney cells and returned to the systemic circulation. Second, the dietary acid load is excreted by the secretion of H+ or proton ions from the kidney cells into the urine. These H+ or proton ions can do one of two things: the H+ or proton ions can be combined with the urinary buffers, particularly HPO4, in a process called titratable acidity (The biochemistry is: H+ + HPO4 = H2PO4), or the phosphate buffering system or the H+ or proton ions can combine with ammonia (NH3) to form ammonium as follows: NH3 + H+ = NH4.
22) This ammonia is trapped and concentrated in the kidney as ammonium which is then excreted in the urine.
23) In response to acid load, 36% of the H+ or proton goes intracellular in exchange for the release of Na+ (sodium) into the blood stream. 15% of the acid goes intracellular in exchange for K+ (potassium) – common in diabetics. 6% of the H+ or proton or acid goes directly into the cell to be buffered by intracellular processes. 43% is buffered extracellularly as NaHCO3- or sodium bicarbonate combining with H+ or proton to form H2CO3 or carbonic acid which breaks down to CO2 or carbon dioxide to be released by the lungs. 10% of CO2 or carbon dioxide is excreted through the lungs and 90% is used by the body to reabsorb alkaline minerals and make sodium bicarbonate for buffering gastrointestinal and metabolic acids.
The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+.
24) Of all the ways the body can buffer metabolic and dietary acids, the excretion of protein (the eating of meat and cheese) generated acid residues is the only process that does not add sodium bicarbonate back into blood circulation. This creates a loss of bases which is the forerunner of all sickness and disease. In the long run, the only way to replace these lost bases is by eating more alkaline electron-rich green foods and long-chain polyunsaturated fats. Eating meat and cheese is definitely hazardous to your health. That is why I say, “a cucumber a day keeps the doctor away while eating meat, cheese and even an apple creates more excess acid in the colloidal connective tissues, leading to latent tissue acidosis.
25) With over 30 years of research and testing over 500,000 samples of blood and over 1,000,000 samples of urine and saliva I have come to the conclusion that the Human Body is an acid producing organism by function – yet, it is an alkaline organism by design. Eating animal protein, especially meat and cheese and sugar from any source are deadly acidic choices – unless you interested in becoming sick, tired and fat over time.
Bottom line – the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet is a program that focuses on the foundational principal that the body is alkaline by design and yet acidic by function. This make this program the ultimate program for preventing and reversing aging and the onset of sickness and dis-ease. I would say that the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet is the diet for a longer healthier life.
Please remember this very important truth, hydrochloric acid in the stomach is not the cause of digestion but the result of digestion. Start alkalizing today and begin improving the quality and quantity of your life today.
To determine the pH and chemistry and over 150 parameters of the blood and interstitial fluids I used a non-invasive 3-D functionality bio-electro scan. I was able to obtain all quantitative data that validates the true chemistry and pH of the stomach, blood and the fluids of the interstitium where metabolic and dietary acids are compartmentalized.
To learn more about the science of the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet go to:
Read: A New Theory – The Physiology of the Stomach
For more pH reading please read The pH Miracle revised and updated edition by Robert O. Young.
To learn more about Dr. Robert O. Young go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
Join Dr. Robert O. Young and Dr. Galina Migalko at their next medical conference in the Netherlands in May, 2019!
Which Lifestyle and Diet Did YOU Follow in 2018!
Dr. Young’s pH Miracle Alkaline Lifestyle and Diet
Victoria Beckham keeps her slender physique in shape by following the pH Alkaline Lifestyle and Diet, recommended by Robert O. Young PhD. This plan means you ingest ONLY alkaline foods and liquids to keep your acidic levels in your blood, interstitial fluids, intracellular fluids at an alkaline pH between 7.35 and 7.45. All of these fluids can be tested with the Full-Body 3-D Bio-Electro Scan and the non-invasive blood testing of the chemistry, including pH of the blood, stomach, intestines and interstitial fluids.
To learn more about these non-invasive medical tests click here: (http://www.universalmedicalimaging.com/index.html
The following chart lists some of the acidic foods on the pH Miracle Alkaline Diet to eliminate completely or eat sparingly:
The following chart lists some of the foods you can eat freely on the pH Miracle alkaline diet:
The supermodel Elle Macpherson stated that following a plant-based pH Miracle alkaline lifestyle and diet and taking supplements have helped her look younger than her 54 years. (wwwijuicenow.com and http://www.phoreveryoung,com)
“When I turned 50 I realized things I did in my 20s weren’t working anymore,” Macpherson said. “I follow a plant-based alkaline diet, focusing on healthy, whole food. I take green powder and protein powder every day, and I drink three liters of water a day.” (www.ijuicenow.com, http://www.phoreveryoung.com)
So where does a 6’7″ man who weighs over 270 pounds get his protein from? Tony Robbins eats broccoli! Over 50 percent of the calories from steamed organic broccoli comes from protein. It is important to note that the body does not build muscle from protein – it builds it from red blood cells. Muscle, bone, and all organs and glands are made from red blood cells NOT protein! Tony is a strong advocate and walking testimony of Dr. Young’s alkaline lifestyle and diet which he teaches from the stage at ALL his events.
Prince Harry and Meghan follow the pH Miracle Alkaline Lifestyle and Diet. In fact it was Meghan who introduced Harry to the alkaline lifestyle.
So what keeps Tom Brady so healthy, fit and strong at the age of 41 and still playing NFL Football? The answer is the pH Miracle alkaline lifestyle and diet!
The Vegan Diet
Beyonce is a big fan of Marcos Borges 22 days of Vegan program which is a vegan meal service. Although not a full vegan, the singer ordered in the service to get in shape for Coachella. “The benefits of a plant-based diet need to be known,” Beyoncé said. “We should spend more time loving ourselves, which means taking better care of ourselves with good nutrition and making healthier food choices.”
The following are just a few of the foods I recommend that you can eat freely when following an Vegan Diet as outlined in The pH Miracle revised and updated book and The pH Miracle for Weight Loss – http://www.phoreveryoung.com
The Ancient Grains Diet
To keep her energy levels at an all-time high, Angelina Jolie snacks on ancient grains such as quinoa, chia seeds, millet, buckwheat and spelt. “She’s into eating products made from ancient grains and raves about their health benefits,” a source told Marie Claire. “She claims they provide her with nutrients she can’t find anywhere else, plus shinier skin.”
The wonderful benefits of ancients grains like quinoa, millet, buckwheat and spelt, they are low in carbohydrate (sugar) and higher in protein. Keep in mind though I only recommend these grains sparingly and no more than 10 grams of protein daily.
Remember, all body cells, including bone and muscle are made from blood NOT protein. And blood is made from chlorophyll (green foods), unsaturated oil, alkaline water and mineral salts or sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
The Paleo Diet
Jessica Biel credits her super svelte physique down to the Paleo diet. Heavily endorsed by Pete Evans, the diet works on the ethos you go back to eating like a caveman and eradicate dairy, grains and legumes from your diet. “Eating Paleo just leans you down and slims you up and takes that little layer of fat and water-weight right off your body,” says Jessica. “I do a lot of cooking at home using fresh fish or lean meat like chicken and vegetables,” she adds.
The Paleo diet will provide short term benefits but long term damage from ALL the acidic foods from dairy, legumes and grains such as wheat. You are better off with both short and long term benefits by sticking with a diet that does not cause eventual gland, organ and tissue damage. That diet would be low carbohydrate, low protein and liberal amounts of healthy unsaturated oil, like hemp seed, flax seed, broccoli seed, carrot seed, cabbage seed, just to name a few.
The Atkins Diet
Kim Kardashian lost 25 kilos in 11 months on the Atkins diet, which is a high acidic protein, low carb diet. “ Anyone who has had kids knows your body changes, and it’s hard to get your body back in shape,” she said. “It takes so much determination, and mental and physical power and energy.”
Unfortunately this diet also has short term benefits with long term damage, especially to the intestinal villi if you are ingesting animal protein which does not digest (unless you juice the animal flesh). Maybe that is why Kim looks bloated in the lower abdominal area. It is important to stay away from this diet unless your protein sources are from green plants such as avocado, broccoli and buckwheat.
Check out the above list of foods to avoid and especially avoid animal sources for safe and healthy weight loss.
The World’s Number 1 Lifestyle and Diet for Health, Energy, Vitality, Fitness & Beauty!
For safe and effective weight loss or weight gain read The pH Miracle for Weight Loss by Robert O Young PhD – http://www.phoreveryoung.com or on amazon.com at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446694703/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i1
Maryanne lost over 150 pounds in less than a year following The pH Miracle for Weight Loss.
Scott Jacobs lost over 100 pounds in 12 weeks following The pH Miracle for Weight Loss lifestyle and diet plan.
Ryan Marcotte lost 31 pounds of fat and gained 11 pounds of muscle in 12 weeks following Dr. Robert O. Young’s pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet!
Donna lost over 100 pounds following Dr. Robert O. Young’s pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet! See Donna’s before and after pictures below as she shows her new found energy doing the splits on the Jump Sport Rebounder.
To learn more about the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet and Dr. Robert O. Young go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
The following pictures are PET Scans of Dawn Kali. These pictures show the before and after PET scans provided by her oncologist Dr. Smith in July and then again in October of 2013. You will see that Dawn Kali, with sure PET scan evidence that her cancer went into remission completely in October of 2013. There are three bright areas on the spine and one bright area on the hip showing active cancer and bone loss. In October of 2013 the PET scans were done again by Dr. Smith showing no cancer anywhere in Dawn’s body. She was in complete remission following the pH Miracle Protocol and taking Herceptin
Dr. Smith declared Dawn’s cancer was in remission in October, 2013.
In the above PET scan taken October, 2013 there is no evidence of cancer in Dawn’s lower extremities, including her hip bones.
No More Metastatic Breast Cancer
The two PET scans above show total remission of the Dawn’s bone cancer, diagnosed by Dr. Smith. Dr. Smith declares Dawn cancer-free in October of 2013. Look at the date above showing October 2013 as the month Dawn was in complete remission from her metastatic HER2 positive State 4 breast cancer originally diagnosed in 2007. Dawn has outlived her prognosis for this type of cancer.
Why were these before and after PET scans showing the reversal of Dawn’s cancer in October not shown to the Jury?
Where is the fraud? Dawn was seeing her doctor every 3 months for check-ups and never paid The pH Miracle Center for ANY non-invasive scans or treatments.
Follow the money? Dawn was making over $150,000 a year by heading up the pH Miracle Coaching program.
Dawn Kali talks about her inflammatory ductal cell carcinoma breast cancer diagnosis openly with Dr. Robert O. Young in 2013. This is one of the many times when Dawn Kali is actually telling the truth. Dawn also declared herself cancer free in December, 2013 in a recorded pH Miracle training of 30 potential pH Miracle Coaches.
Listen to the following two audios with Carolyn and Dawn hosting a Conference call for a training they were doing for around 30 pH Miracle Coaches. The dates of these Conference calls were June 2012 and August 2013.
- June 6th, 2012 – August 12th, 2013
Check out these newly found Facebook posts that Dawn Kali deleted from her Facebook page.
MARCH 21st at 6:00pm
1730 Shattuck Ave (@ Virginia)
MARCH 26th at 11:00am
Dr. Steven Finnell, Doctor of Chiropractic
193 Blue Ravine Road #245,
Watch for upcoming presentations in Healdsburg, San Francisco, Marin and other locations TBA soon!
Below, a note from Caroline Robitaille (Dawn Kali is now partnering with Caroline Robitaille who has led many people to better health with amazing results.)
“As many of you know, Charles and I started implementing a healthier way of life almost a year ago. We wanted to take charge of our own health and not leave it to a future of foreseeable medication and/or surgeries. Since then I’ve lost a lot of weight, no more aches and pains… including a back issue that showed up a few years ago. Never in my life have I felt this fantastic! And then there is Charles… he has completely reversed his diabetes; his numbers went from high 300’s to a low of 89. His arthritis is gone, no more aches and pains… including a back issue that showed up for him last year as well. We experienced these positive changes all within a few months. And we’re still moving towards optimum health! We have both had our “Live Blood Analysis” done with Dawn Kali, so that we could first identify our problem areas and then watch the progress. And just for the heck of it… we also had our blood work done with our medical doctors and everything has not only improved but we are in the healthy range in all areas. Oh and the really fun part is that recently Charles went to have his eyes examined because he was feeling like it was time for new glasses. It was true; he needed new glasses all right….BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER HIS EYE SIGHT HAD IMPROVED!”
Now, as of January 1st I have had the privilege of coaching over 40 people towards optimum health and it’s been an amazing experience for me and them! J They too have improved in additional areas such as; cholesterol, fibromyalgia, headaches have disappeared, increased energy, mental clarity, skin rashes have disappeared, whitened teeth, brighter eyes, shiny hair, reports of feeling like they have a new lease on life… just to name a few.
I know I sound like an infomercial but it’s only because I am so passionate about this. I’ve seen first hand how a healthy diet and lifestyle can significantly change everything in a relatively short amount of time and I want to share it with you! It’s easy, it’s fun and it’s life changing. No magic pills – just learning how out-of-control our diets, stress levels and lifestyles have become – with simple ways to make positive changes.
A few years ago, Dawn Kali, a young woman who was faced with Breast Cancer was told by her doctors that she needed aggressive chemotherapy, radiation and multiple surgeries. Instead her research led her to alternative ways and Dr. Robert Young. Following his protocol she was able to avoid conventional treatments and heal herself. Today, she is cancer free and has a beautiful little three month old baby boy. Dawn then trained under Dr. Robert Young as a Microscopist and is now performing ‘Live Blood Analysis’ that can show you how to detect problems at the preventative stages.
We have recently joined forces to spread the word and taking our message on the road! I would love to see you, family and friends at one of our talks if you think you have time to learn more about improving your health. J We have two upcoming presentations but there are more to follow in Marin, Healdsburg and San Francisco. J These presentations are free and informative. J Come listen to Dawn Kali and I tell our stories while we show you what simple changes you can make for a healthier you and you will see what healthy blood vs. unhealthy blood looks like!”
For more information contact me at Caroline.Robitaille@comcast.net or 925.683.1690
ow is acid / base (alkalinity) created in the human body?? and Does It Effect the pH of the Blood and Interstitium?
The following scientific discourse are twenty-five important points to understand the creation of hydrochloric acid (HCL) and sodium bicarbonate in the stomach lining, the ingestion of protein and sugar, and how acid/alkaline biochemistry, physiology and anatomy effects the blood pH and the interstitial fluid pH and their relationship to health, sickness and disease.
Unfortunately, conventional medical doctors and scientists do not understand how acid/base is created in the human body, and the onset of latent tissue acidosis of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium.
Welcome to the 21st century and Dr. Young’s “New Biology.”
How is acid/base created by the stomach, and then the blood and interstitial fluids?
1) The parietal or cover cells of the stomach split the sodium chloride or salt of the blood. The sodium is used to bind with water and carbon dioxide to form the alkaline salt known as sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3.
The biochemistry is: H20 + CO2 + NaCl = NaHCO3 + HCL.
2) For each molecule of sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 a molecule of hydrochloric acid or HCL is formed as an acidic waste product and secreted into the digestive system or stomach (held in the gastric pits of the stomach) to be eliminated. HCL is not produced for digesting food but is a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production for alkalizing the food and water you ingest.
3) The chloride ion from the sodium chloride (salt) binds to an acid or proton forming HCL as a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production that takes place throughout the day to alkalize your food and water ingested and the acids produced from metabolism.
4) When large amounts of acids including HCL enter the stomach from a rich animal protein meal, acid is withdrawn from the acid-base household.
The human body would die if the resulting alkalosis or NaHCO3 (the base flood) or base surplus created by the stomach was not taken up by the alkalizing glands that need these quick bases in order to build up their strong sodium bicarbonate secretions against acidic water, acidic food, acidic air, and acidic thoughts.
These glands and organs are the salivary glands, the stomach, the pancreas, the Brunner’s glands (between the pylorus and the junctions of the bile and pancreatic ducts), the Lieberkuhn’s glands in the liver and its bile with its strong acid binding capabilities which it has to produce.
5) When a rich animal protein and/or carbohydrate meal (like meat and potatoes, spaghetti bolognaise etc.) is ingested the stomach begins to manufacture and secret sodium bicarbonate or NHCO3 to alkalize the acids from the food ingested.
This causes a loss in the alkaline reserves in the blood and interstitial fluids and an increase in acid and/or HCL found in the gastric pits of the stomach.
These acids and/or HCL are eventually taken up by the blood which lowers blood plasma pH. The blood eliminates this increase in gastro-intestinal acid by throwing off into the Pishinger’s spaces or compartments of the Interstitium.
6) The space enclosed by these finer and finer fibers is called the Pishinger’s space or the extra-cellular space or the compartments of the Interstitium that contains the fluids that bath and feed each and every cell while carrying away the waste from those same cells.
There is no mention of this organ in American medical physiology text books. There is the extra-cellular fluids or interstitial fluids but no organ mentioned that stores acids from metabolism and diet, like the kidney. I call this organ the “pre-kidney” or the Interstitium, which is the largest organ of the body only just now being recognized by American medical science (2018).
7) After a rich animal protein or sugary meal, the urine pH becomes alkaline.
Protein and sugar nourishment then reacts acidic in the organism not only by the production of sulfuric, phosphoric, nitric, uric, lactic and acetyl aldehyde acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of base or alkalinity in the urine. The ingestion of animal protein causes a double loss of base or alkalinity and why it is so dangerous to ingest.
8) During heavy exercise, the resulting lactic acid if not adsorbed by the collagen fibers or connective tissues, the specific acid catchers of the body, the organism would die. The total collection of these fibers is the largest organ of the body and is called the colloidal connective tissue organ of SCHADE also known as of 2018 the Interstitium.
NO liquid exchange occurs between the blood and the parenchyma cells, or in reverse, unless it passes through this connective tissue organ called the Interstitium, the largest organ in the human body.
This organ connects, holds everything in our bodies in place. It is composed of ligaments, tendons, sinew, and the finer fibers that become the scaffolding that holds every single cell in our bodies in place.
When acids are stored in this organ, which includes the muscles, inflammation and pain develop.
That is why I have stated for over 30 years, “acid is pain and pain is acid.”
You cannot have one without the other.
This is the beginning of blood plasma, interstitial fluid and intracellular acidosis.
9) The more acidity in the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breath and the thoughts we conceive the more acids that are adsorbed to the collagen fibers to be neutralized or buffered, and the less sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 is taken up by the alkalizing or alkalophile glands.
The larger the potential difference between the adsorbed acids into the blood and then Interstitium and the amount of NaHCO3 generated with each meal or thought; the more or less alkaline or rich in bases are the alkalophile glands like the pancreas, gallbladder, pylorus glands, blood, etc. The acid binding power of the connective tissue, the blood, the Intestitium and the alkalophile glands depends on its alkali reserves which can be determined through blood, urine, saliva and interstitial pH testing, including live and dried blood analysis.
10) The iso-structure of the blood attempts to maintain its delicate pH at 7.365 by pushing off the acidic waste from lifestyle and diet into the connective tissue of the Schade or now referred to as the Interstitium.
The blood gives to the urine the same amount of acid that it receives from the Interstitium, tissues and liver so it retains its iso-form and pH of 7.365.
A base or alkaline deficiency is always related to the deterioration of the deposit ability of the connective tissues and the Interstitium.
As long as the iso-structure of the blood pH is maintained, the urine, which originates from the blood, remains a faithful reflected image of the acid-base regulation, not of the blood, but of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the cells that make up the organs, tissues and glands.
The urine therefore is an excretion product of the tissues and Interstitium and not the blood.
So when you are testing the pH of the urine you are actually testing the pH of the intracellular fluids of the organs, glands and tissues as well as the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium.
11) A latent (delayed) “acidosis” is the condition that exists when there are not enough bases in the alkalophile glands because they have been used up in the process of neutralizing the acids adsorbed to the collagen fibers and the Interstitium.
This leads to compensated “acidosis” in the Interstitium and not in the blood.
This means the blood pH has not changed but other body systems have changed. This can then lead to de-compensated “acidosis” where the alkaline reserves of the blood are used up and the pH of the blood is altered and caused by what you are eating, drinking, breathing and thinking.
De-compensated “acidosis” can be determined by testing the blood pH, interstitial fluid pH, urine pH and the saliva pH.
The decrease in the alkaline reserves in the body occurs because of hyper-proteinization, (eating the flesh of animals!) too much protein and hyper-carbonization, too much sugar.
This is why 80 to 90 year old folks are all shrunk up and look like prunes.
They have very little or no alkaline reserves in their alkalophile glands and the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium have become highly acidic!
When all the alkaline minerals are gone (sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium) so are you and your electron battery runs down. The charge of your cellular electron battery can be measured testing the face angel of the cells, the ORP or the oxidative reduction potential of the blood and interstitial fluids. The test is called the 3D Bio-Electro scan.
As you become more acidic in the Interstitium this energy potential or ORP decreases. Remember your body cells rung on electrons and NOT sugar, protein or fat! We are electrical beings by function releasing chemical waste physiologically – like lactic or citric acid.
12) If there is not enough base left over after a protein or sugary meal, or enough base to neutralize and clear the acids stored in the connective tissues and the Interstitium, a relative base deficiency develops which leads to systemic tissue and interstitial fluid acidosis leading to decompensated acidosis of the blood.
When this happens the liver and pancreas are deficient of adequate alkaline juices of sodium bicarbonate to ensure proper alkalization of the food in your stomach and small intestine. This leads to genetic and stem cell mutations, deficiencies in red blood cell production in the crypts of the small intestines and finally deficiencies in the body cells that make up all glands, tissues and organs or your body.
13) Digestion or alkalization cannot proceed without enough of these alkaline juices for the liver and pancreas, etc., so the stomach has to produce more acid in order to make enough base or sodium bicarbonate leading to ad nauseam. If this biological deficiency continues then one can develop indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, GERD, ulcers, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer and bowel congestion, food allergies, constipation, diverticulitis, diverticulosis, inflammation of the bowels and finally colon cancer.
All of these symptoms are not the result of too much acid, on the contrary, it is the result of too little base or alkalinity and they major reason for drinking high pH alkaline water at 9.5!
14) The stomach is NOT an organ of digestion as currently taught in ALL biology and medical texts, BUT an organ of contribution or deposit of the alkaline compound, sodium bicarbonate.
Its function is to deposit alkaline juices to the stomach to alkalize the food, water and to the blood, to carry sodium bicarbonate to the alkalophile glands!!!! The stomach is also assigned to maintain the delicate pH of the blood and interstitium at 7.365 and the main reason I suggest drinking high pH alkaline water with your meals to buffer the highly acidic and toxic HCL.
15) There is a daily rhythm to this acid base, ebb and flow of the fluids of the body. The stored acids are mobilized from the connective tissues and Pishinger’s spaces of the Intestitium while we sleep.
These acids reach their maximum (base tide) concentration in the blood and interstitial fluids, and thereby the urine at 2 am is the most acidic.
The acid content of the urine directly reflects the acid content of the fluid in the Pishinger’s spaces of the Interstitium, the extra-cellular fluid compartments of the body protecting the delicate pH balance of the blood at 7.365.
On the other hand the Pishinger’s spaces of the Interstitium becomes the most alkaline around 2 pm (the base flood) as then the most sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 is being generated by the cover cells of the stomach to alkalize what we eat, drink, breath and think.
16) If your urine is not alkaline by 2 pm you are definitely in an ACIDIC condition and lacking in the necessary alkaline reserves, especially sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
The pH of the urine should ideally run between 7.2 and 8.4 when maintaining a healthy state of the blood, interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the Intracelluar fluids at a pH of 7.365.
17) The free flowing acids formed after a high animal protein meal include sulfuric, phosphoric, uric and nitric acids that will stick to the collagen fibers of the Interstitium to remove them from the blood and protect the blood’s delicate pH of 7.365.
The H+ or proton ions from these acids are neutralized by the next base flood, the sodium bicarbonate produced after the ingested acidic meal.
The H+ or proton ion combines with the carbonate or HCO-3, converts to carbonic acid, H2CO3, which converts to CO2 and H2O.
The sulfuric and other toxic acids from proteins are neutralized as follows where the HR represents any acid with the R as its acidic radical (SO4, PO4, or NO3) HR + NaHCO3 <=> H2O + NaR (Ca, Mg, K)+ CO2.
18) Medical doctors, Naturopathic doctors and savants do not recognize interstitial fluid and tissue acidosis because they never studied it in medical or naturopathic college. This is why they make statements that what you eat or drink does not matter because you cannot change the pH of the blood. This only shows their ignorance and lack of understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, blood and Interstitium.
Currently medical and naturopathic doctors do recognize compensated acidosis and de-compensated acidosis but they DO NOT understand or recognize latent tissue acidosis which takes place in the Interstitium. Why? Because they no very little about this organ system and they do not have the technology or the equipment to test its chemistry, including pH and compare this quantitative information with the chemistry of the blood. This is not only dangerous it is also non-intelligent because the Doctor is basing your condition on the results of only 10 to 20 percent of your body fluids – the blood. Hospitals and clients around the World DO NOT test 80 to 90 percent of the body fluids which include the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the Intracellular fluids. The chemistry, including the pH of the Interstitium is important to the over-all understanding of what is really going on when the body has health challenges.
In compensated acidosis breathing increases in order to blow off more carbonic acid which decreases PCO2 because of the lowered carbonate or HCO3.
When the breathing rate can no longer get any faster and when the kidneys can no longer increase their function to keep up with the acid load then the blood pH starts to change from a pH of 7.365 to 7.3 then to 7.2. At a blood pH of 6.95 the heart relaxes and the patient goes into a coma and dies.
19) Metabolism of a normal adult diet results in the generation of 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton per day, which must be excreted if the urine acid-base balance is to be maintained at 7.2 or greater and the blood and interstitial fluids of the Interstitium are to be maintained at 7.365. Currently myself and Dr. Galina Migalko are the only published scientists in the World on this subject of upmost importance in medical diagnostics and correct and effective treatments that can be quantified and validated in their efficacy!
A meq is a milli-equivalent which is an expression of concentration of substance per liter of solution, calculated by dividing the concentration in milligrams per 100 milliliters by the molecular weight.
This process involves two basis steps;
1) the re-absorption of the filtered sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 and,
2) the excretion of the 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton or acids produced each day by the formation of titratable acidity and NH4+ or ammonium.
Both steps involve H+ or proton or acid secretion from the cells of the kidney into the urine which can then be measured using pH Hydrion strips.
The loss of NaHCO3 in the urine is equivalent to the addition of H+ or acidity to the blood, Interstitium and body cells, since both are derived from the dissociation of H2CO3 or carbonic acid.
21) The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+.
The normal person must reabsorb 4300 meq of NaHCO3 each day which eventually will lead to aging and death.
The secreted H+ or proton ions are generated within the kidney cells from the dissociation of H2O or water.
This process also results in the equimolar production OH- or hydroxyl ions or alkalinity.
The OH- ions bind to the active zinc-containing site of the intracellular carbonic anhydrase; they then combine with CO2 to form HCO3-ions, which are released back into the kidney cells and returned to the systemic blood circulation.
Second, the dietary acid load is excreted by the secretion of Hydrogen or H+ or proton ions from the kidney cells into the urine.
These H+ or proton ions or acids can do one of two things:
The H+ or proton ions or acids can combined with the urinary buffers, particularly HPO4 in a process called titratable acidity.
The biochemistry is:
H+ + HPO4 = H2PO4, or the phosphate buffering system or the H+ or proton ions can combine with ammonia (NH3) to form ammonium as follows:
NH3 + H+ = NH4.
22) This ammonia is trapped and concentrated in the kidney as ammonium, which is then excreted in the urine.
23) In response to the acid load in the body fluids:
36% of the Hydrogen or H+ or proton or acid goes intracellular in exchange for the release of Na+ (sodium) into the blood stream.
15% of the acid load goes intracellular in exchange for K+ (potassium) – common in diabetics.
6% of the Hydrogen or H+ or proton or acid goes directly into the cell to be buffered by intracellular processes. This is what causes cell mutations that leads to degenerative disease.
43% is buffered extra-cellularly or in the Interstitium as NaHCO3 or sodium bicarbonate combining with Hydrogen or H+ or proton to form H2CO3 or carbonic acid which breaks down to CO2 or carbon dioxide to be released by the lungs.
10% of CO2 or carbon dioxide is excreted through the lungs and 90% of CO2 is used by the body to re-absorb alkaline minerals and make sodium bicarbonate. The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+.
24) Of all the ways the body can buffer metabolic and dietary acids to protect the blood, interstitial and intracellular pH, is the excretion of protein (the eating of animal flesh) generated acid residues is the only process that does not add sodium bicarbonate back into the blood circulation.
This creates a loss of bases or alkalinity in the blood, Interstitium and Intracellular fluids which is the forerunner of ALL sickness and disease.
In the long run the only way to replace these lost bases is by eating more alkaline electron-rich green food, drinking alkaline water at a pH at 9.5 and -250 mV, supplementing sodium, potassium and magnesium salts and long chain polyunsaturated fats on a daily basis.
Remember, a cucumber a day keeps the Doctor away – an apple a day creates more acidic waste leading to blood, interstitial fluid and tissue acidosis.
25) Very important to remember: The Human Body is an acid-producing organism by function, yet it is an alkaline organism by design when healthy and strong.
Eating animal protein and sugar are deadly acidic choices – unless you want to risk premature sickness, disease and the an early painful death.
1) Sick and Tired by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner
2) The pH Miracle revised and updated by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, ND
3) Alkalizing Nutritional Therapy in the Prevention and Reversal of Any Cancerous Condition by Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner and Galina Migalko MD, NMD
4) A NEW THEORY – THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE STOMACH: An Alkalizing Organ by Design and Function and NOT an Acidic ORGAN of DIGESTION by Robert O Young, DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner
The author of the best-selling pH Miracle books, already bankrupted and criminally convicted of “practicing medicine without a license,” was slammed with a $105 million judgement last month following a civil trial in a case in which a patient alleged negligence and fraud.
The plaintiff is Dawn Kali, a patient who agreed to use his medical protocol. She then sued Robert O. Young Ph.D., claiming he held himself out as a doctor and counseled her to forego traditional cancer treatment and instead use his treatments based on his “alkaline theories.” The reward was more than double what the woman sought. The trial lasted seven days and the jury deliberated less than half a day.
The 45-year-old woman’s oncologist says she has only three or four years to live and has stage four cancer. Kali had previously worked for Young and knew his treatments were outside the practices of orthodox medicine.
I have read Young’s books. I wrote about The pH Miracle for the readers of my Bob Livingston Letter™ (subscription required) back in April 2012. His theories are sound and based on science, according to my years of research.
It’s very simple. A buildup of acid in our bodies leads to death. Our standard American diet promotes acidity with its processed foods, sugars and preservatives.
Cooked and processed foods — the foods that make up the diets of most Americans — are mostly acid. Meat is always acid-forming. There are no alkaline-forming meats. Acid (low pH) causes fermentation and disease. That is why there is such a culture of disease in this country.
Acidity is fertilizer to cell mutation and malignancy. Body acidity interferes with normal cell death or apoptosis. This is the basis of normal cells mutating into malignancy. At all times the healthy body requires an excess of alkaline reserves to support the body skeleton, and equally to keep the critical 1 percent alkaline balance in the blood and the cell tissue. This is the absolute best guarantee against disease. Our glands and organs function properly in exact proportion to the balance of alkaline and acid balance.
It’s possible Young got out over his skis and promised Kali he would “cure” her cancer, though I would guess he’s smarter than that. But if he offered it as a treatment option he did nothing more or less than what mainstream doctors do. So his “crime,” “fraud” and “negligence” was not that his treatments failed. After all, mainstream medicine doesn’t cure disease, it just treats symptoms and covers them over with chemicals.
Young’s “crime,” “fraud” and “negligence” was simply that he was not part of the establishment.
Cancer is serious business. When people hear the “C” word come out of their doctor’s mouth they believe their death warrant has been signed.
It’s also serious business for the medical-industrial complex, which makes big money off cancer treatments and cancer drugs. Oncology is a most damnable plot against cancer patients. The cash register rings for every new cancer patient. Insurance companies contribute to the pain, suffering and death.
In 2014 Americans spent $32.6 billion on oncology drugs and another $11.1 billion supportive care treatments. New cancer drugs cost anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 per month.
Kali complained that Young was charging her $500 per treatment that consisted of giving intravenous fluids with baking soda. A baking soda treatment was devised and long used by Italian doctor Tullio Simoncini (who has also been stripped of his medical license).
People undergoing cancer treatments die every day. But state-sponsored, officially-approved death is OK. No one thinks twice if someone dies after chemotherapy. And chemotherapy doesn’t cure anyone. In fact, chemotherapy is a catalyst for cancer cell growth, as a study published in Nature Medicine found.
In his book Questioning Chemotherapy, leading author and consultant on cancer treatment Ralph Moss, Ph.D., explains chemotherapy to be an effective treatment option in only 2 percent to 4 percent of cancers: Hodgkin lymphoma, acute lymphocytic leukemia, testicular cancer and choriocarcinoma.
A report funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health and published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) shows that cancer-fighting drugs actually induce major stem cell damage that causes more cancer. An abstract of the report can be seen here.
The upshot is that even though the chemical cocktails used to treat tumors are sometimes initially effective at stemming more tumor growth and the spread of more tumor cells, the damage they leave behind causes more tumors to develop on stem cells. And given the right environment and genetic background, those tumors could become malignant.
Cutting, burning and poisoning (surgery, radiation and chemotherapy) do nothing to cure cancer, nor can they reverse the underlying mechanisms that triggered or promoted its growth in the first place. Moreover, cancer will likely return somewhere else in the body if conventional methods are your only treatment strategy.
It sounds backward to suggest that cancer treatment is deadlier than cancer. And saying so is certain to earn you scornful looks from the vast majority of people. But what the medical establishment doesn’t reveal is that cancer drugs like chemotherapy are the direct cause of death of thousands of cancer patients each year. Most cancer patients who die don’t die from cancer. They die with cancer.
No doubt, the powerfully toxic drugs can kill cancer cells. But they also don’t discriminate and wreak havoc on healthy cells as well.
And when too many healthy cells are destroyed, so too are the people they make up.
Now back to body pH and maintaining your health; after all, it’s better to keep your body healthy and avoid cancer than to try and treat it once it’s taken hold, right? High pH or about 7.25 is alkaline and increases the oxygen content of the blood and tissue. Cancer cells are anaerobic. If cancer cells get enough oxygen they die, hence the theory behind Young’s protocol.
According to a study conducted by the Arizona Respiratory Center at the University of Arizona and published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health’s PubMed.gov, “Acidogenic diets, which are typically high in animal protein and salt and low in fruits and vegetables, can lead to a sub-clinical or low-grade state of metabolic acidosis.” This leads to an increase in the risk of cancer, elevated levels of insulin and a host of diseases.
But you can naturally alter your pH by choosing your foods wisely. The following foods are alkaline-forming and can help your body achieve the proper pH:
- Cayenne pepper
- Lemon water
- Leafy greens
In addition to helping your pH balance, they also contain a host of necessary nutrients, antioxidants and other health benefits.
P.S.: I’ll have more to say about the benefits of keeping your body in an alkaline state in the January issue of The Bob Livingston Letter. You can subscribe here.
Join the Discussion
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don’t stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
It’s also serious business for the medical-industrial complex, which makes big money off cancer treatments and cancer drugs. Oncology is a most damnable plot against cancer patients. The cash register rings for every new cancer patient. Insurance companies contribute to the pain, suffering and death.
In 2014 Americans spent $32.6 billion on oncology drugs and another $11.1 billion supportive care treatments. New cancer drugs cost anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 per month.
Kali complained that Young was charging her $500 per treatment that consisted of giving intravenous fluids with baking soda. A baking soda treatment was devised and long used by Italian doctor Tullio Simoncini (who has also been stripped of his medical license).
People undergoing cancer treatments die every day. But state-sponsored, officially-approved death is OK. No one thinks twice if someone dies after chemotherapy. And chemotherapy doesn’t cure anyone. In fact, chemotherapy is a catalyst for cancer cell growth, as a study published in Nature Medicine found.” The Bob Livingston Letter
PS Dawn Kali did not pay for any treatments from Dr. Young. In fact she received over $200,000 i free care because she had no money! Dawn Kali brings true meeting to the words, “No good deed goes unpunished!” During the time from 2010 to April/May of 2013 Dr. Young gave Dawn Kali over $450,000 in services and money.
Why would Dawn do such a thing? Follow the money! It will always lead you back to the real criminals in this case.