Jason Liosatos interviews Dr. Robert O Young on Outside The Box
Jason Liosatos interviews Dr. Robert O Young on Outside The Box
ALCAR also helps lactic acid in muscles, use fat to buffer acidity, which can increase your endurance, give you an edge in the gym, and help you recover faster. For nootropic benefits, take two grams of ALCAR a day.For better endurance and faster recovery, take 2-3 grams of ALCAR a day — one capsule at breakfast and 2 capsules before your workout. You can also take one capsule after workout.
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR), is a powerful addition to your biohacking toolbox. This valuable little molecule has been a staple in the bodybuilding and brain-hacking communities for years now, thanks to its ability to help you lose weight and power up your brain.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of acetyl L-carnitine, safety and proper supplement dosage.
Acetyl-L-carnitine is an amino naturally produced in your body to protect cells from excess metabolic acids, use stored fats to build stem cells, and protect electrical energy for cellular function.. We suggest supplementing with acetyl L-carnitine, because of its many benefits.
You can use ALCAR to enhance your cellular electron function to increase cognition function, and to reduce metabolic acids, like lactic acid during workouts, and more. ALCAR helps your body use fat for buffering excess acidic so that the body cells have more more energy — especially for your muscles and brain.
Boosts brain power: ALCAR is an anti-aging nootropic, or smart amino, meaning, it helps your brain perform better. The acetyl group on it lets it pass your blood-brain barrier and reach your brain and nerves, for buffering metabolic acids thus improve your mood, learning, and memory.
Helps the body use fat and builds muscle: ALCAR can give you an edge in the gym, too. It buffers lactic acid from cellular function of the muscle, which increases cellular endurance and recovery time of the muscle. ALCAR also improves acid-bound fat elimination while you are working out.
When you take pH Miracle ALCAR, it turns into carnitine in your body, and if your insulin levels are low — for example, from eating a high carbohydrate/sugar diet, doing intermittent fasting, working out intensely, eating a highly acidic diet of animal protein or not eating enough alkalizing fruit and vegetables— carnitine becomes very important for reducing metabolic and dietary acid-loads.
When your insulin (insulin buffers the metabolic acid glucose and lactic acid)levels are low, your body starts pushing metabolic and dietary acids into the interstitial fluid compartments and then into the fatty tissues..
The more metabolic and dietary acids that are not properly eliminated through the five channels of elimination – urination, defecation, respiration, perspiration and for women menstruation – are then stored away from the organs that sustain life in the fatty tissue. It is important to understand that overweight is NOT a fat problem but an acid problem! (Read The pH Miracle for Weight Loss)
Basically, carnitine latches onto metabolic, dietary, respiratory and environmental acidic waste and carries them out of the interstitial fluids into the fatty tissues when they cannot be removed via the elimination organs. Depositing acidic waste into the fatty tissues is protective but is also the cause of excess weight that leads to obesity!
In other words, you need carnitine to eliminate acidic metabolic, dietary, respiratory, and environmental acidic waste out through the five channels of elimination. If you’re low on carnitine, acidic waste can get into your body cells that make up all of your organs causing enervation,(low energy), irritation, inflammation, ulceration, induration (stones and tumors) and finally degeneration (cancer).
Once again, the body retains fat to protect the organs and organ systems from breakdown. But with abundant L-carnitine, your body can remove excess metabolic and dietary acidic waste and you will feel more life force energy or experience less fatigue or enervation. The best news is you will start losing excess acidic weight bound to fat and start building muscle. That’s why the pH Miracle ALCAR supplement is so popular with folks who want to lose weight and build muscle and prevent chronic and acute diseases.
Acetyl-L-carnitine is a supplement form of L-carnitine that can pass your blood-brain barrier, giving it access to the dense collection of mitochondria in your brain, as well as to the mitochondria in the rest of your body. That explains why ALCAR is becoming so popular as a nootropic supplement (something that makes your brain work better).
More mental & physical energy: Older men and women who took ALCAR daily saw a significant boost to their physical and mental energy levels, as well as better overall cognitive ability.
Improves cognitive function: People with low carnitine levels see a major decrease in brain function. Taking ALCAR improves that brain function. A lot. In a recent study, 8 out of 14 participants reversed a diagnosis of dementia and returned to their full cognitive abilities after taking ALCAR daily. 
Lowers inflammation: Acetyl-L-carnitine decreases inflammation in healthy adults. Part of it is because ALCAR increases glutathione, your body’s master antioxidant. Side note: glutathione is awesome for hacking hangovers. And, as it turns out, ALCAR decreases damage to brain cells after drinking, too.
Boosts circulation: In healthy adults, ALCAR increased circulation and nutrient-rich blood flow after a high-fat meal. Good blood flow is an essential part of brain and muscle function and the removal of dietary and metabolic acids from the interstitial fluid compartments of the Interstitium that make YOU sick and tired.
It’s worth mentioning that, although a few of these studies are in healthy young adults, a lot of acetyl-L-carnitine research is in older people. It’s clear that ALCAR is great for anti-aging, but what if you’re young and thriving, and want an extra edge?
As is the case with many nootropics, ALCAR is popular in the brain-hacking world thanks to lots of individual reports about how much it helps cognitive function. That is why pH Miracle L-Carnitine is one of those supplements that’s worth trying on your own, to experience ALL of its benefits.
Increases strength: Resistance-trained young men who took carnitine 90 minutes before intense exercise enjoyed a significant increase in power output, as well as lower lactate levels (lactate contributes to the burning feeling in your muscles).
Burns more fat: Young men who took carnitine burned more fat during moderate exercise, and their muscles produced more energy during intense exercise.
Boosts testosterone: Men who took acetyl-L-carnitine after lifting had more dense hormone receptors in their muscles, which may have improved their testosterone uptake. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16826026 In other words, ALCAR doesn’t increase your testosterone; it makes you better at using the testosterone you have (Here’s how to increase your testosterone).
Reduces muscle fatigue: One study found that acetyl-L-carnitine decreases muscle fatigue in young people, too.
The pH Miracle ALCAR can help your workout in the gym, reduce acidic waste that causing inflammation that leads to faster recovery. And if you’re older, pH Miracle acetyl-L-carnitine is especially useful for maintaining your energy levels and shedding acidic body fat
pH Miracle Acetyl-L-carnitine is a valuable addition to your daily supplement routine, especially if you’re an athlete or you’re looking for anti-aging benefits. As with most supplements, timing matters. Here’s what you need to know.
Most of the studies you just read about used between 2 to 3 grams of L-carnitine, taken every day. Two grams a day is a good place to start. From there, you can increase or decrease the dose when you reach your goals. Here are sample plans for taking pH Miracle ALCAR:
pH Miracle ACETYL L-CARNITINE FOR NOOTROPIC BENEFITS/ANTI-AGING:
2g/day; half first thing in the morning, half in the afternoon
pH Miracle ACETYL L-CARNITINE FOR FITNESS AND REMOVING ACID BOUND FAT:
2-3g day; half 90 minutes before exercise (to increase your muscle endurance), half after exercise (to speed up recovery)
 Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2008 Mar-Apr;46(2):181-90. Epub 2007 Jul 20.
 J Psychiatr Pract. 2010 Jan;16(1):5-14. doi: 10.1097/01.pra.0000367773.03636.d1.
 Tohoku J Exp Med. 2011 Jul;224(3):209-13. doi: 10.1620/tjem.224.209.
 Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 Oct 15;51(8):1601-9. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2011.06.020. Epub 2011 Jun 28.
 Am J Cardiol. 2008 Nov 15;102(10):1413-7. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2008.07.022. Epub 2008 Sep 11.
 Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002 Jul;67(1):33-8.
 Psychosom Med. 2004 Mar-Apr;66(2):276-82.
 J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009 Apr 2;6:9. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-6-9.
 J Physiol. 2011 Feb 15;589(Pt 4):963-73. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2010.201343. Epub 2011 Jan 4.
 Metabolism. 2010 Aug;59(8):1190-9. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2009.11.012. Epub 2009 Dec 31.
 J Strength Cond Res. 2008 Jul;22(4):1130-5. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31817d48d9.
 J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug;17(3):455-62.
 Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Feb;282(2):E474-82.
 JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):295-9. doi: 10.1177/0148607109353440.
 Hypertension. 2009 Sep;54(3):567-74. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.109.132522. Epub 2009 Jul 20.
 Ann Nutr Metab. 2008;52(4):335-8. doi: 10.1159/000151488. Epub 2008 Aug 19.
 Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Dec;86(6):1738-44.
 Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2008 Mar-Apr;46(2):181-90. Epub 2007 Jul 20.
 Drugs Aging. 2003;20(10):761-7.
 J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2007 Nov;41(3):224-30. doi: 10.3164/jcbn.2007032.
Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner, Galina Migalko MSc, MD, NMD
Corresponding authors: R. Young, G. Migalko (drrobertyoung.com, universalmedialimaging.com), Affiliation, pH Miracle Medical Association, Valley Center, Californai and Universal Medical Imaging, Valley Village, California.
Every year it is estimated that more than 30 million people worldwide, leading to over 6 million deaths (1) die from potentially preventable systemic acidosis or what is called Sepsis. The burden of systemic acidosis or sepsis is highest in low and middle-income countries where the acid loads from lifestyle and diet on the interstitial fluid compartments of the Interstitium becomes excessive and severe (pH of interstitial fluids drops below 7.2 where normal pH is 7.365). It is estimated that 3 million newborns and 1.2 million children suffer from sepsis globally every year (2).Apr 19, 2018
An individual who is sick or injured and not being treated for decompensated acidosis of the Interstitial Fluids of the Interstitium and the blood, buildup excess dietary, metabolic or cellular degenerative acids, in the Interstitium which causes cellular breakdown that leads to Sepsis and then death. Sepsis is suggested in the medical literature to be caused by an outside infection. This so-called infection can only be a contributing factor and not causative. My research, in association with Dr. Galina Migalko, MD, has revealed that Sepsis is an acidic condition of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium, leading to severe decompensated acidosis and the degeneration of the body cells that make up our organs and glands that sustain life. In addition, acids held in the compartments of the Interstitium can eventually effect the pH of the blood plasma causing erythrocytosis and leukocytosis and eventual death. Therefore, Sepsis is an outfectious condition of the body cells (giving birth to bacteria and/or yeast) and the body’s inability to remove an excessive buildup of acidity in the Interstitium and the blood, through the four channels of elimination, including urination, respiration, defecation or perspiration. In addition, our research and findings suggest, using high-tech EMF electrode testing of the biochemistry of the body fluids, including the pH of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium, shows that Sepsis results from an individual’s hyper-inflammatory or hyper-acidic state of the interstitial fluids of the Interstiium and then the blood plasma, created from an acidic lifestyle, diet, metabolism, environment, stress, and injury, all contributing factors. Currently, Sepsis has a very low Standard of Care in hospitals and hospital-induced outfections that increase the risk of Systemic Sepsis of the Interstitial Fluids of the Interstitium and then the blood plasma. The cause is directly related to the administration of dextrose, glucose, antibiotic IV’s and acidic hospital food and drink. In response to the low standard of care in hospitals we will share in this article our non-invasive, non-radioactive high-tech medical equipment for testing the chemistry of the blood, interstitial fluids, and intracellular fluids, thereby validating the severe decompensated acidosis, the efficacy of treatment for restoring and balancing the ideal chemistry and alkaline pH at 7.365 and for preventing and treating Systemic Sepsis successfully of the Interstitial Fluids of the Interstitium and Blood Plasma.
To examine the biochemistry of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium, representing 80 percent of the extracellular fluids compared to the biochemistry of the blood plasma, representing 20 percent of the extracellular fluids, to validate that Sepsis is caused by a declining pH of the interstitial fluids leading to decompensated acidosis of the Interstitium and the human blood.
Data was drawn from the use of a new technology used by NASA for non-invasive and non-radioactive testing of the chemistry, including the pH, of the blood, interstitial fluids of the Interstitium and the intracellular fluids.
All patients tested were in hypercalcemia of the interstitial fluids, chronic bone and muscle loss, and decompensated acidosis of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium with a pH near or below 7.2. After administration of an alkalizing dose of sodium and potassium bicarbonate rectally and/or by IV, the chemistry, including the pH of the interstitial fluids are restored within their normal alkaline range (7.365) resulting in the successful reversal and cure of systemic acidosis or Sepsis, preventing the loss of life.
Dr. Young may be on the threshold of a new biology, whose principle—if proven—could revolutionize the biology and medicine worlds.” Neil Solomon, M.D., Ph.D. Former Head of Research for John Hopkins University.
Over the past two and a half decades, Robert O. Young has been widely recognized as one of the top research and clinical scientists in the World. Throughout his career, his research has been focused at the cellular level. Having a specialty in cellular nutrition, biochemistry and microbiology, Dr. Young has devoted his life to researching the true causes of “disease,” subsequently developing “The New Biology™” to help people balance their life.
In 1994, Dr. Young discovered the biological transformation of red blood cells into bacteria and bacteria to red blood cells. He has since documented several such transformations.
Dr. Young’s research has been published in several noted journals, including The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. (Sympathetic Resonance Technology, Scientific Foundations and Summary of Biologic and Clinical Studies, Dec. 2002, Vol. 8, No. 6: 835-842.), the International Journal of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (Alkalizing Nutritional Therapy in the Prevention and Treatment of Any Cancerous Condition – https://medcraveonline.com/IJCAM/IJCAM-02-00046) and The International Journal of Vaccines and Vaccinations (Who Had Their Finger on the Magic of Life ; https://medcraveonline.com/IJVV/IJVV-02-00047) . He is the author of over 100 published peer-reviewed articles (Published now in Herbal Nutrition Medications 1988) and author and co-author of many books including: Herbal Nutritional Medications (1988), One Sickness, One Disease, One Treatment (1992), Sick and Tired (Woodland Publishing, 1995), Back to the House of Health (Woodland Publishing, 1999), The pH Miracle (Warner Books, 2002), The pH Miracle for Diabetes (Warner Books, 2003), Back to the House of Health 2 (Woodland Books, 2003) , The pH Miracle for Weight Loss (Warner Books, 2004), The pH Miracle: Revised and Updated (Warner Books, 2010), Reverse Cancer Now (Hikari Omni Publishing, 2014), The pH Miracle for Cancer (Hikari Omni Publishing, 2015) and The Cancer Solution (Hikari Omni Publishing, 2018).
The pH Miracle series of books have sold over 10 million copies, have been translated into 29 languages and are gaining a widespread following internationally in over 159 countries.
Aside from his work as an author, Dr. Young has been honored to speak at Central University for Nationalities – Beijing, China Women’s College – Beijing, All-China Women’s Federation – Beijing, Tsinghua University – Beijing, Brigham Young University, Utah Valley State College, University of Minnesota, University of Hartford, Olin University, Sacred Heart University of Boston, Oxford University – U.K., Harvard University, the University of Vienna, and the University of Victoria.
In addition, Dr. Young has been honored with an invitation to sit on the Vegetarian and Fasting Committee for NASA’s earth and space missions. He also worked with a team of research scientists at the University of Puerto Rico, as well as the Center of Diabetes in Puerto Rico, on a potential natural cure for Type I and Type II diabetes.
Before Dr. Young began his extensive nutritional research, his love for sports and science led him to the University of Utah—where he studied biology and business in the early 70’s. There he was granted a full athletic scholarship for tennis. His team was consistently one of the top 10 in the nation. He had the experience of competing with the likes of Stan Smith, Jimmy Connors, and Roscoe Tanner.
In the 80’s, following his schooling at the University of Utah, Dr. Young studied medical microbiology—training under Dr. Robert Bradford at the Bradford Research Institute in Chula Vista, California. Dr. Bradford was a trustee and professor at Capital University in Washington, DC, where he taught live and dry blood microscopy. Dr. Young also studied darkfield microscopy in Essen, Germany under his teaching Professor Dr. Maria Bleker—who was the prodigy of the great late biologist, Dr. Gunther Enderlein—in Essen, Germany.
In 1993, Dr. Young received a MS in nutrition from the American College in Birmingham, Alabama. In 1995, he received his D.Sc. with emphasis in chemistry and biology. Dr. Young’s doctoral dissertation was on Disseminated Intravascular Blood Coagulation and Pathological Blood Coagulation. In 1997, Dr. Young received a Ph.D. from Clayton College of Natural Health. His Professor, James E. Harvey from San Diego State University, reviewed and accepted his dissertation as completing all the requirements for a doctorate of philosophy degree in nutrition. Continuing his studies and research, Dr. Young later received an additional doctorate degree in naturopathy (ND) from Clayton College (1999).
Dr. Young is a member of the Farm Bureau (Membership number C118341) as well as a recognized certified Avocado grower by the California Avocado Commission.
Dr. Young is a member of the American Society of Microbiologists, the Microscopy Society of America, the American Naturopathic Association, an honorary member of the Connecticut Holistic Health Association, the Presidents Council at Brigham Young University, a consultant for InnerLight, Inc., pH Miracle, Inc., organizing committee member for the Conference on Bacterial, Viral and Infectious Diseases in Dubai, UAE, and an advisor to Dean Lawrence Carter at the Martin Luther King Chapel at Morehouse College. He was honored by Professor Lawrence Carter at Morehouse College and inducted into the collegium of scholars as well as placed on the advisory board.
Professor Carter made this statement about Dr. Young’s work: “With over 52 books on the market, Dr. Robert O. Young has established himself as the preeminent scientific researcher on how to balance the body chemistry and achieve one’s ideal weight. Every African American and African Caribbean, every person suffering from type I and type II diabetes, hypertension, cancer, AIDS, heart disease and youth obesity, and every person reared on ‘soul food’ needs to discover The pH Miracle and the rejuvenating recipes that alkalize and energize an over acidified diet.”
“I have made this revolutionary dietary paradigm shift an official part of my professional ministry because it eliminated my acid reflux without prescriptions and reduced my weight by 50 pounds in less than two months. This reduction in weight greatly speeded reduction of my PSA level after seeds-implant treatment for low-grade prostate cancer. Dr. Young’s nonviolent peace diet is the natural scientific solution for a healthy body that is free from the warring of excess acidity. With Dr. Young’s new biology and nutrition program, pastors and congregations will rediscover the miraculous link between nutrition, health and spirituality.” —The Reverend Dean Lawrence Edward Carter Sr., Ph.D.; Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel; Gandhi Institute for Reconciliation; Founder, Gandhi, King, Ikeda Legacy of Building Peace Exhibition; Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr Young has been the keynote speaker at medical and health gatherings all over the world and appeared as a guest on many national radio and television shows. In 2002, he and his wife appeared on CBS’s The Early Show with Jane Clayson and Bryant Gumbel. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4iBpmjIeo) In addition, Dr. Young has also been interviewed by CNN Nightly News, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nwZPqbCbo&t=4s), CBS News and ABC News. In 2018, he was the Key Note speaker at the 3rd International Conference on Liver Disease and Pancreatic Cancer in Rome, Italy and the Key Note speaker at the Annual Conference on Bacterial, Viral and Infectious Disease in Dubai, UEA. Some of his most notable accomplishments include: developer of a new theoretical paradigm called the New Biology Theory; pioneer in the research of a biological process called Pleomorphism; and the discoverer of the etiology of diabetes, cancer, atherosclerosis, and many other diseases. Dr. Young’s work has been featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Dr. Oz and several documentaries including “Crazy Sexy Cancer”, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bmmxz5rGNY&t=3487s) and “The Secret”.
Dr. Robert Young has devoted his career to the discovery of the missing pieces necessary to complete the larger picture of health.
To learn more about the research and discoveries of Dr. Robert O. Young go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
The research for a Universal Cure for Sepsis will be presented at the Global Summit for Infectious Diseases, in London, England, UK, June 15th and 16th.
On March 18th and 19th, of this year we announced a universal cure for cancer at the 14th Annual Global Summit on Oncology and Cancer!
This universal cure for cancer is based upon the research and findings of Dr. Robert O Young, published, January 9th, 2019, in the ACTA Scientific Cancer Biology, medical journal, Volume 3 Issue 2 , 2019.
Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer both Metabolic and Dietary Acidic Conditions of the Interstitial Fluids of the Interstitium!
A Universal Cure for Cancer!
On March 18th and 19th, of this year we announced a universal cure for cancer at the 14th Annual Global Summit on Oncology and Cancer!
This universal cure for cancer is based upon the research and findings of Dr. Robert O Young and Dr. Galina Migalko, published, January 9th, 2019, in the ACTA Scientific Cancer Biology, medical journal, Volume 3 Issue 2 , 2019.
Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer both Metabolic and Dietary Acidic Conditions of the Interstitial Fluids of the Interstitium
Cystic fibrosis (CF) [1,2] and Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma (PAC)  have similar symptomologies and are chronic, progressive, and frequently fatal acidic conditions of the respiratory system (lungs), lymphatic system (lymph nodes), intestines, pancreas, uri-nary tract system, reproductive organs and the skin as the alkaloid glands (the salivary glands, stomach, and small and large intestines) produce and secrete alkaline compounds, such as sodium bicarbonate to buffer and preserve the alkaline design of the body and the specific organs and glands affected. These metabolic and dietary acidic conditions resulting in the build-up of mucous  can affect any organ or organ system but primarily affects the respiratory, lymphatic system, digestive, and reproductive tracts in children and young adults with CF and the lungs and surrounding lymph nodes in PAC. I have suggested from my own clinical research that both of these conditions are the result of latent tissue acidosis (LTA) in the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium or the fluids that surround every cell, created from metabolism, diet, thoughts and environment and may be successfully treated and reversed with an alkaline lifestyle and diet (ALD) .\
Introduction and Historical Perspective:
According to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, about 30,000 Americans have CF. This condition occurs mostly in whites whose ancestors came from northern Europe, although it cuts across all races and ethnic groups. About 3,500 babies are born with this acidic condition each year in the United States. Moreover, about one in every 30 Americans suffer from CF [1,3].Nearly 40% of lung cancers in the US are adenocarcinoma, which usually originates in peripheral lung tissue . Most cases of adenocarcinoma are associated with smoking; however, among people who have smoked fewer than 100 cigarettes in their life-times (“never-smokers”) , adenocarcinoma is the most common form of lung cancer . Its incidence has been increasing in many developed Western nations in the past few decades, where it has become the most common major type of lung cancer in smokers (replacing squamous cell lung carcinoma) and in lifelong non-smokers . According to the Nurses’ Health Study, the risk of adenocarcinoma of the lung increases substantially after a long duration of previous tobacco smoking, with a previous smoking du-ration of 30 to 40 years giving a relative risk of approximately 2.4 compared to never-smokers, and a duration of more than 40 years giving a relative risk of approximately 5 . CF and PAC have similar symptomologies and are often accom-panied by the following signs and symptoms:o Thick, viscous mucus in the lungs caused by the glandular secretion of sodium bicarbonate in the chelation of ex-cess dietary and/or metabolic acids [3,9,10].Signs and Symptoms of CF and PACCitation:Robert Young. “Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer both Metabolic and Dietary Acidic Conditions”.
To read the entire article go to:
Citation: Acta Scientific Cancer Biology 3.2 (2019): 11-20.
Does the Stomach Digest Food?
What is the purpose of the Stomach?
Does the Stomach Produce Sodium Bicarbonate?
Why does the Stomach Produce Sodium Bicarbonate?
What is the TRUE Purpose of the Stomach?
What is the Purpose of the Small Intestines?
Are Stems cells produced in the Small Intestines?
Does digestion and assimilation of food take place in the Small Intestines?
Is there a digestive system in the human body?
What is the true pH of the stomach and the small intestines?
Is there any healthy purpose of HCL in the stomach?
Where does all the acid go from diet and metabolism?
What are the most acidic or toxic foods to ingest?
What is the largest organ in the body?
What does this organ do?
What are the interstitial fluid compartments of the Interstitium?
These questions and many more are answered in following article. Please share the truth about the stomach and the small intestines.
To learn more about the true purpose of the stomach and intestines read: A New Theory – The pHysiology of the Stomach
ROBERT O. YOUNG, MS, D.SC., PH.D. NATUROPATHIC PRACTITIONER
Read, learn and understand the science of the stomach and the intestines true PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONALITY!
The following scientific discourse by Dr. Young are twenty-five important points to understand concerning the the real purpose of the stomach, the physiology of digestion, the creation of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach lining, the ingestion of protein, dairy, cheese and sugar in any form and how acid/alkaline biochemistry, physiology, and anatomy relate to health, sickness, and disease.
Unfortunately, contemporary medical doctors and scientists as well as alternative health practitioners and lay people DO NOT understand how acid/base are created in the body and the onset of latent tissue acidosis in the colloidal connective tissue of the “Schade” or the interstitial fluid compartments of the Interstitium.
Welcome to the 21st century and Dr. Young’s “New Biology.”
1) The parietal or cover cells of the stomach split the sodium chloride of the blood. The sodium is used to bind with water and carbon dioxide to form the alkaline salt, sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3. The biochemistry is: H20 + CO2 + NaCl = NaHCO3 + HCL. This is why I call the stomach an alkalizing organ NOT an organ of digestion. The stomach DOES NOT digest the food or liquids you ingest it alkalizes the food and liquid you ingest.
2) For each molecule of sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) made, a molecule of hydrochloric acid (HCL) is made and secreted into the so-called digestive system – specifically, the stomach (the gastric pits in the stomach) – to be eliminated. Therefore HCL is an acidic waste product of sodium bicarbonate created by the stomach to alkalize the food and liquids ingested and NOT to digest the food ingested.
3) The chloride ion from the sodium chloride (salt) binds to an acid or proton forming HCL as a waste product of sodium bicarbonate production. HCL has a pH of 1 and is highly toxic to the body and the cause of indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers and cancer.
4) When large amounts of acids, including HCL, enter the stomach from a rich animal protein or dairy product meal, such as meat and cheese, acid is withdrawn from the acid-base household. The organism would die if the resulting alkalosis – or NaHCO3 (base flood) or base surplus – created by the stomach was not taken up by the alkalophile glands that need these quick bases in order to build up their strong sodium bicarbonate secretions. These glands and organs are the stomach, pancreas, Brunner’s glands (between the pylorus and the junctions of the bile and pancreatic ducts), Lieberkuhn’s glands in the liver and its bile with its strong acid binding capabilities which it has to release on the highly acidic meat and cheese to buffer its strong acids of nitric, sulphuric, phosphoric, uric and lactic acids.
5) When a rich animal protein and dairy product meal is ingested, the stomach begins to manufacture and secrete sodium bicarbonate (NHCO3) to alkalize the acids from the food ingested. This causes a loss in the alkaline reserves and an increase in acid and/or HCL found in the gastric pits of the stomach. These acids and/or HCL are taken up by the blood which lowers blood plasma pH. The blood eliminates this increase in gastrointestinal acid by throwing it off into the Pishinger’s spaces or what is called the interstitial fluid compartments of the Interstitium – the largest organ of the human body.
6) The space enclosed by these finer and finer fibers is called the Pishinger’s space, or the extracellular space that contains the fluids that bath and feed each and every cell while carrying away the acidic waste from those same cells. There is no mention of this organ in American physiology text books. There is mention of the extracellular space but not of any organ that stores acids from metabolism and diet, like the kidney. I call this organ the “pre-kidney” because it stores metabolic and gastrointestinal acids until they can be buffered and eliminated via the skin, urinary tract, or bowels.
7) After a rich animal protein or dairy product meal, the urine pH becomes alkaline. The ingestion of meat and cheese causes a reaction in acidic fashion in the organism by the production of sulfuric, phosphoric, nitric, uric, lactic, acetyl-aldehyde and ethanol acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of base in the urine. Therefore eating meat and cheese causes a double loss of bases leading to tissue acidosis and eventual disease, especially inflammation and degenerative diseases.
8) During heavy exercise, if the the resulting lactic acid was not adsorbed by the collagen fibers, the specific acid catchers of the body, the organism would die. The total collection of these fibers is the largest organ of the body called SCHADE, the colloidal connective tissue organ or the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium. NO liquid exchange occurs between the blood and the parenchyma cells, or in reverse, unless it passes through this connective tissue organ or the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium. This organ connects and holds everything in our bodies in place. This organ is composed of ligaments, tendons, sinew, and the finer fibers that become the scaffolding that holds every single cell in our bodies in place. When acids are stored in this organ, which includes the muscles, inflammation and pain develop. The production of lactic acid is increased with the ingestion of milk, cheese, yogurt, butter and especially ice cream.
That is why I have stated, “acid is pain and pain is acid.” You cannot have one without the other. This is the beginning of latent tissue acidosis leading to irritation, inflammation and degeneration of the cells, tissues and organs.
9) The more acidity created from eating meat, cheese, milk or ice cream the more gastrointestinal acids are adsorbed into the the collagen fibers to be neutralized and the less sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 that is taken up by the alkalophile glands. The larger the potential difference between the adsorbed acids and the amount of NaHCO3 generated with each meal, the more or less alkaline are the alkalophile glands like the pancreas, gallbladder, pylorus glands, blood, etc. The acid binding power of the connective tissue, the blood, and the alkalophile glands depends on its alkali reserve, which can be determined through blood, urine, and saliva pH, including live and dried blood analysis as taught by Dr. Robert O. Young. The saliva pH is an indication of alkali reserves in the alkalophile glands and the urine pH is an indication of the pH of the fluids that surround the cells or the Pishinger’s space or the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium.
10) The iso-structure of the blood maintains the pH of the blood by pushing off gastrointestinal or metabolic acids into the connective tissue or the Pishinger’s space or the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium. The blood gives to the urine the same amount of acid that it receives from the tissues and liver so it can retain its iso-form. A base deficiency is always related to the deterioration of the deposit ability of the connective tissues or the Pishinger’s space or the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium. As long as the iso-structure of the blood is maintained, the urine – which originates from the blood – remains a faithful reflected image of the acid-base regulation, not of the blood, but of the tissues. The urine therefore is an excretion product of the tissues, not the blood. So when you are testing the pH of the urine, you are testing the pH of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium that surround every organ, gland and tissue.
11) A latent “acidosis” is the condition that exists when there are not enough bases in the alkalophile glands because they have been used up in the process of neutralizing the acids adsorbed to the collagen fibers. This leads to compensated “acidosis.” This means the blood pH has not changed but other body systems have changed. This can then lead to decompensated “acidosis” where the alkaline reserves of the blood are used up and the pH of the blood is altered. Decompensated “acidosis” can be determined by testing the blood pH, urine pH and the saliva pH. The decrease in the alkaline reserves in the body occurs because of hyper-proteinization, (eating Meat and Cheese!)or too much protein, and hyper-carbonization, or too much sugar. This is why 80 to 90 year old folks are all shrunk up and look like prunes. They have very little or no alkaline reserves in their alkalophile glands. When all the alkaline minerals are gone, so are you and your battery runs down. The charge of your cellular battery can be measured by testing the ORP or the oxidative reduction potential of the blood, interstitial fluids, urine or saliva using an ORP meter or better a non-invasive test of the interstitial fluids of the Interstitium using electrodes on specific areas of the body (See picture below). As you become more acidic this energy potential or ORP decreases.
12) If there is not enough base left over after meat and cheese or sugary meal, or enough base to neutralize and clear the acids stored in the connective tissues, a relative base deficiency develops which leads to latent tissue acidosis. When this happens the liver and pancreas are deficient of adequate alkaline juices to ensure proper alkalization of the food in your stomach and small intestine.
13) Digestion or alkalization cannot proceed without enough of these alkaline juices for the liver and pancreas, etc., and so the stomach has to produce more acid in order to make enough base, ad nauseam, and one can develop indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, GERD, ulcers, esophageal cancer and stomach cancer. All of these symptoms are not the result of too much acid or HCL in the stomach. On the contrary, it is the result of too little base in the form of sodium bicarbonate!
14) Therefore the stomach is NOT an organ of digestion as currently taught in ALL biology and medical texts, BUT an organ of contribution or deposit. It’s function is to deposit alkaline juices to the stomach to alkalize the food and to the blood to carry to the alklophile glands!!!!
15) There is a daily rhythm to this acid base ebb and flow of the fluids of the body. The stored acids are mobilized from the connective tissues and Pishinger’s spaces while we sleep. These acids reach their maximum (base tide) concentration in this fluid, and thereby the urine (around 2 a.m. is the most acidic). The acid content of the urine directly reflects the acid content of the fluid in the Pishinger’s spaces, the extracellular fluid compartments of the body. On the other hand, the Pishinger’s spaces become most alkaline around 2 p.m. (the base flood) as then the most sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is being generated by the cover cells of the stomach to alkalize the food and drink we have ingested.
16) If your urine is not alkaline by 2 p.m. you are definitely in an ACIDIC condition and lacking in alkaline reserves. The pH of the urine should run between 6.8 and 8.4 but ideally 7.2 or greater.
17) After a high protein meal or meat or cheese, the free acids formed such as sulfuric, phosphoric, uric, and nitric acids stick to the collagen fibers to remove them from the blood and protect the delicate pH of the blood at 7.365. The H+ or proton ions from these acids are neutralized by the next base flood, the sodium bicarbonate produced after the meal. The H+ or proton ion combines with the carbonate or HCO3, converts to carbonic acid, H2CO3, which converts to CO2 and H2O. The sulfuric and other acids from proteins are neutralized as follows where the HR represents any acid with the R as its acid radical (SO4, PO4, or NO3) HR + NaHCO3 <=> H2O + NaR (Ca, Mg, K)+ CO2.
18) Medical doctors and savants are not taught in medical school and therefore do not understand or recognize latent tissue acidosis. They understand and recognize compensated acidosis and decompensated acidosis. In compensated acidosis, breathing increases in order to blow off more carbonic acid which decreases PCO2 because of the lowered carbonate or HCO3. When the breathing rate can no longer get any faster and when the kidneys can no longer increase its’ function to keep up with the acid load, then the blood pH starts to change from a pH of 7.365 to 7.3 then to 7.2. At a blood pH of 6.95 the heart relaxes and the client goes into a coma or dies.
19) Metabolism of a normal adult diet results in the generation of 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton per day, which must be excreted if the urine acid-base balance is to be maintained. A meq is a milliequivalent which is an expression of concentration of substance per liter of solution, calculated by dividing the concentration in milligrams per 100 milliliters by the molecular weight. This process involves two basis steps; 1) the reabsorption of the filtered sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3 and, 2) excretion of the 50 to 100 meq of H+ or proton produced each day by the formation of titratable acidity and NH4+ or ammonium. Both steps involve H+ or proton secretion from the cells of the kidney into the urine.
20) Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) must be reabsorbed into the blood stream, since the loss of NaHCO3 will increase the net acid load and lower the plasma NaHCO3 concentration. The loss of NaHCO3 in the urine is equivalent to the addition of H+ to the body since both are derived from the dissociation of H2CO3 or carbonic acid.
21) The biochemistry is: CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 = HCO3 + H+. The normal subject must reabsorb 4300 meq of NaHCO3 each day! The secreted H+ or proton ions are generated within the kidney cells from the dissociation of H2O or water. This process also results in the equimolar production OH- or hydroxyl ions. The OH- ions bind to the active zinc-containing site of the intracellular carbonic anhydrase; they then combine with CO2 to form HCO3- ions which are released back into the kidney cells and returned to the systemic circulation. Second, the dietary acid load is excreted by the secretion of H+ or proton ions from the kidney cells into the urine. These H+ or proton ions can do one of two things: the H+ or proton ions can be combined with the urinary buffers, particularly HPO4, in a process called titratable acidity (The biochemistry is: H+ + HPO4 = H2PO4), or the phosphate buffering system or the H+ or proton ions can combine with ammonia (NH3) to form ammonium as follows: NH3 + H+ = NH4.
22) This ammonia is trapped and concentrated in the kidney as ammonium which is then excreted in the urine.
23) In response to acid load, 36% of the H+ or proton goes intracellular in exchange for the release of Na+ (sodium) into the blood stream. 15% of the acid goes intracellular in exchange for K+ (potassium) – common in diabetics. 6% of the H+ or proton or acid goes directly into the cell to be buffered by intracellular processes. 43% is buffered extracellularly (blood and interstitial fluids) as NaHCO3- or sodium bicarbonate combining with H+ or proton to form H2CO3 or carbonic acid which breaks down to CO2 or carbon dioxide to be released by the lungs. 10% of CO2 or carbon dioxide is excreted through the lungs and 90% is used by the body to reabsorb alkaline minerals and make sodium bicarbonate for buffering gastrointestinal and metabolic acids.
24) Of all the ways the body can buffer metabolic and dietary acids, the excretion of protein (the eating of meat and cheese) generated acid residues is the only process that does not add sodium bicarbonate back into blood circulation. This creates a loss of bases which is the forerunner of all sickness and disease. In the long run, the only way to replace these lost bases is by eating more alkaline electron-rich green foods and long-chain polyunsaturated fats. Eating meat and cheese is definitely hazardous to your health. That is why I say, “a cucumber a day keeps the doctor away while eating meat, cheese and even an apple creates more excess acid in the colloidal connective tissues, leading to latent tissue acidosis.
25) With over 35 years of research and testing over 500,000 samples of urine, saliva, blood and interstitial fluids for pH and chemistry, I have come to the conclusion that the human body is an acid producing organism by function – yet, it is an alkaline organism by design. Eating animal protein, especially meat and cheese and sugar from any source are deadly acidic choices – unless you interested in becoming sick, tired and fat over time.
Bottom line – the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet is a program that focuses on the foundational principal that the body is alkaline by design and yet acidic by function. This make this program the ultimate program for preventing and reversing aging and the onset of sickness and dis-ease. I would say that the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet is the diet for a longer healthier life.
Please remember this very important truth, hydrochloric acid in the stomach is not the cause of digestion but the result of digestion. Start alkalizing today and begin improving the quality and quantity of your life today.
To learn more about the pH Miracle Lifestyle and Diet and to order, “A New Theory – The Physiology of the Stomach”, book go to:
What is the single most important food or supplement to take to support the alkaline design of the body, including the stomach, pancreas, kidneys, liver, intestines, blood, interstitial fluids, and intracellular fluids? The answer is simple – pHour salts or iJuice Lemon pHour salts which contain sodium and potassium bicarbonate, magnesium and calcium! To learn more or to order go to: www.phmiracleproducts.com
Sean Stephenson with his Wife of 7 Years Mindie Kniss
Dr. Young’s research suggests that the skeleton system becomes crystallized from an increased amount of metabolic and dietary acids that are then chelated by the calcium in the bones. This process of the bones chelating acids can be improved and potentially reversed with an alkaline lifestyle and diet as outlined in The pH Miracle revised and updated.
Sean throws out the first pitch at the Chicago White Sox baseball game. Simply amazing!
Shawn and Mindie drinking their daily green shake they made in their Vitamix!
Sean and Mindie have truly set a high standard for ALL of us. I love and recommend his book, Get Off Your “BUTT”.
To learn more about the pH Miracle lifestyle and diet go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com